shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you buy this princess cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Michele

Rough_Rock
1.1 carat H VS1 72.5 depth 56.3 table 13.4 crown 5.67*5.69*4.11

Brilliant scope:
White Light - Medium
Color Light - Very High
Scintillation - High

Outside of the Brilliant scope, it's a very pretty diamond. Are the Brilliant scope scores enough to turn it down? And what are the chances to find another diamond like it with better Brilliant scope scores?

Thank you. Michele

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
You like it Michele - that's most important. There is no reason to turn it down because of Brilliancescope results.

I don't want to offend anybody but there are still arguments whether Brilliancescope readings are consistent enough and correspond to human perception of the diamonds especially for fancy stones.

Fancy stones are not as predictable as rounds so if you're not sure about cut send it to David Atlas or other independent appraiser.

Michele

Rough_Rock
Oops, the table is 65.4. Pav angle is the 56 number

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Very good then. It is 2A AGA class and perfect square.

Michele

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much. I appreciate the opinion. Yes I do like the stone. :appl:

Michele

Rough_Rock
I bought the stone and am very excited about having it set. I really like this setting. I'll post two more views of it. I've been told that this isn't a very secure setting...that if one prong gets pulled, the stone will fall out and the prong will be hard to fix. I'm going to be a veterinarian, and would need a secure setting. It's been suggested I look into bezel settings or tensions settings...but I REALLY want the stone "twisted" into a "diamond-shape" (kite shaped?). Does anyone have any suggestions or opinions? Does anyone have any pictures of settings I might like? I wear yellow gold, but would like to set the ring in platinum and then flash the band with gold. Let me know what you think about that as well. Thank you. Michele

engagement ring.jpg

Michele

Rough_Rock
Michele

front shot of actual ring.jpg

Michele

Rough_Rock
Michele

actual ring.jpg

moediamond

Rough_Rock
Michele,

This setting is called a "V-prong."
It's very secure and you don't have to worry about the prongs moving in Platinum.
It's meant to protect the corners of the princess cut.

Here is a picture of a similar ring. It's available in Platinum as well.

twistring.jpg

Michele

Rough_Rock
Thank you Moediamonds for your opinion and that setting. It is very similar. I have been getting mixed messages from the different jewelers I've talked to about the stability of the prongs in that particular setting. I wonder if it's because the prongs are longer than normal Tiffany, etc settings....

Anyway, I'm also considering a setting similar to this one. I don't want such a thick band, but I don't know much about tension settings and so I don't know if you have to have a really thick band. I tried some on in a local mall store, and the bands were so think they were uncomfortable. but back to the setting....picture it with a princess cut and not a marquis cut.

Michele

marquisetensionring.jpg

Michele

Rough_Rock
So here is the other setting. The jeweler here in town that I feel very comfortable with (I've worked with him before) strongly recommended this setting. He actually drew it for me and then I found it on the web. He thinks that being a vet, the ring will be less likely to catch on clothes, gloves, etc. I am worried about the fact the diamond won't look square in this setting. Since we spent so much time searching for a square stone, I don't want to take away from that. My boyfriend suggests completely surrounding the stone in platinum, instead of just two sides. How would that look? I haven't seen anything that comes close to what he is talking about.

Thank you! Michele

squarediaring.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results