shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you bother resetting this?

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This stone (I believe it's an aquamarine) was my great grandma's. I've been thinking about my next CS being light blue and I remembered I had this. Do you think it's worth resetting? It's approximately 8mm. I'd do it in something like this: http://www.etsy.com/transaction/47465303

IMG_7035.jpg

IMG_7037.jpg

IMG_7039.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I like it just as it is.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
VapidLapid|1305336697|2921344 said:
Honestly, I like it just as it is.
I don't even think those are diamonds though

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, that pear ring is gorgeous! I love aquamarine. I think it would depend on the condition of the stone. If excellent and no facet wear, then I'd probably do it since you aren't wearing the ring as it is.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't change it! It's very pretty the way it is and I think later you might regret it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get it checked out first, it could be synthetic spinel, as those were sold quite a bit back then as aqua substitutes. You may not want to reset a synthetic or simulant gem.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I certainly agree with those who vote not to change it ~ I LOVE a pretty aqua,
and settings like that one are what I prefer.....

Hmmmmm

Maybe changing out the side stones for something jazzier
would update it to your liking ?

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
It is really pretty the way it is. That setting of Sally's is great, but I wouldn't have the guts to send an heirloom half way around the world.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That's such a pretty setting, I wouldn't change it. If you're not wearing it, though, a re-set to something you would wear makes sense & that Sally setting's great. Maybe you could put a stone that flips your heart into your g-grandmother's setting later.

TL has a good point -- get it checked before you go to the expense to make sure it's the real thing.

---Laurie

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
It's very nicely cut. Get it checked to make sure it's what you think it is (very easy to do with basic equipment), setting is pretty too.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I would enjoy it as is.

FallenRox

Shiny_Rock
Just my opinion of course, but if you find out it's authentic, I love the etsy style setting you're considering. I'd go for the change and have what you want in it's new incarnation. =)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm another who votes for you to have it authenticated and keep as is. It really is a lovely stone and ring. However, if you don't have an emotional attachment to it, and you don't love the ring as is, do what you want! :mrgreen:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results