shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you be irritated... vendor question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
My venue, which I
30.gif
and has always responded within 3 hours of an initial email, held an open house where they had vendors, that they often use, come in and show what they "offer".

Well, I met a MUA that I liked and she actually works there at the club. She works the front desk of the hotel part, and the hotel only has 25 rooms. My venue coordinator gave me her info last Wednesday, and I wrote the MUA an email to an aol.com address (not work). After not hearing anything back by Friday, I tried to call the cell number given to me, but her cell was disconnected. So I contacted my coordinator to get another # for her.

She wrote back, "That's weird, I asked her for her email and # right before I replied back to you." Which means she knew someone was trying to get in touch with her. Her email went on to say, that she would be out until Monday when she worked from 7-3, and then I could just call the front desk to speak with her. No email back this weekend. So yesterday about 11am, I called the club and the head lady of the hotel department answered, she said that the "girl" had stepped out for a few mintues, so I left a message with my wedding date and my cell phone as a contact. Still haven't heard anything back.

I would just say screw it and use the other company I have lined up, but she has incredible prices for the amount of things I need done, and I assumed she would be just as responsive and helpful as EVERYONE else I have dealt with at my venue. I mean we're talking half the price to go with this girl.

First question, if I decide not to go with her, which I shouldn't b/c this has huge red flags (I know
38.gif
), would you let the people that you work with at the venue know that this has irritated you. I have been 110% happy with my venue until now. I know it has only been a week, and if this was any other random vendor I probably wouldn't be irritated for at least 2 more days, but she is marketing to brides that are ALREADY booked at the place where she works during the week.

Thanks for letting my vent. Any advice? Should I contact my venue coordinator again to see if she can get an answer from her?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry, that sounds so irritating. I think you are right and that is a huge red flag. She sounds irresponsible. I''d go with the other vendor.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I would for sure use another vendor if her actions are out of your comfort zone.

However, I wouldn''t involve her full time job (the hotel) in this. First of all, she''s freelance and not affiliated with the hotel on a professional level (MUA never are, unless they work at the spa and aren''t freelance) so you''d be trashing her reputation but they''d have no recourse. Secondly, I think that you should simply let the issue die. Don''t call her anymore, if she calls you tell her in no uncertain terms that you are no longer interested in hiring due to her actions. She''ll get the message.

Sorry she''s a flake
38.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Thanks for the input...

Italia- I guess I was just thinking from a business perspective... I wouldn''t want my good name behind an employee''s freelance work, that wasn''t upholding good business practice. Especially one that works at the venue, and is asking to work with brides that said venue has already secured.

I can see you point. Thanks for replying, I know you are extrememly knowledgable in this area.

1.gif
I will not say a word.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Italian that the most graceful thing to do would be to let the whole issue die and move forward with another MUA.

However, if the hotel contacts you and asked how your experience was with this girl I would certainly tell them about her unresponsiveness and general lack of professionalism.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I would definitely find another MUA. Even if this one is cheap its not worth the stress and worry that she might flake out on you. As someone else who has a wedding coming up soon I have gotten to the point that if I feel a little weird about a vendor I just move on.

I agree with the others that I wouldn''t say anything unless asked directly if she is freelance.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results