shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you add sapphires to this setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

4bugzinarug

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

We are getting ready to start on the custom design for my anniversary ring. I have a 1.02c G SI2 that we will use for the center. I was originally thinking of placing cornflower blue sapphires on either side of the diamond. However, I found a ring here http://www.claudethibaudeau.com/ that I am completely in love with!! It is in the Royale collection, #MODPLT-1532 or #MODPLT-1600.

Do you think there is a way to mount sapphires on either side of the diamond on that setting? I love the look of this ring. What about running itty bitty sapphires up two of the four diamond-encrusted sides (instead of diamonds).

Thanks for any input!

Jen
1.gif

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
I love sapphires with diamonds, and the idea of putting the small sapphires on the side is very cool. I think it would really make the diamond pop to do all four sides with the blue stones, or even alternate sapphires and diamonds up the sides.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I would ask but I dont see any reason why not.

Claude Royle Rings for 4bugzinaring.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you could add them too. I think it would look great with sapphires!

4bugzinarug

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your responses and for posting the pictures!!

I think that the general consensus (especially from Pete/Quest) is that sapphires as sidestones would not work with this setting. We may run a row of princess cut sapphires underneath the diamond, or we may just start over with finding a 3 stone setting. The more I stare at my 1.02 ideal cut, the more I crave MORE diamonds, LOL! We are seriously thinking of scratching the idea of side sapphires and purchasing two .3 - .4 ideal cut AGS 000''s for use in a 3 stone mounting. That way we would have glimmer all the way across!! I am not sure if a .3 round stone would appear too small ... we may use pears placed sideways.

Anyhow, thanks again for the responses! I will post again when we have a better idea of our final plan ... thought we had it
26.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I like the idea. Perhaps Val could work her magic and show you what it would look like?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that idea. I adore sapphire and diamonds together. Ana we are calling you!!!!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results