shape
carat
color
clarity

Would this stone maximize value?

824jagdds

Rough_Rock
Hello, this is my first post, so I hope I didn't do anything wrong.

I am looking for something large and sparkly that would appear white in a piece of platinum jewelry. My gf wouldn't look at it under a microscope, but she might hold it up next to another stone set in a piece of jewelry. From what I've read online this appears, with the exception of it being just over the 2 carat mark, to hit a lot of the parameters I am looking for. I am not ready to purchase right away, but I might be getting close in the next 6 months. Still saving money.

Would you look at this and let me know what you think?
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...rat-j-color-si1-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-3208255

The photos appear to show good light performance, it is an AGS 0.

1. In the 2 carat size for a round, which is where I am looking, can I go as low as a J or do I need to be in the H or I range? Should be looking for medium fluorescence with J or should I upgrade a color or two?

2. Is this a pretty good looking SI1?

I posted here bc this one looks pretty good to me and I was wondering what might be missing from my knowledge base.

I would appreciate your help very much.:angel:

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. It is upto your gf's preference and color tolerance. I have a J. I love it. This person is ordering 6ct+ J VS1. https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-between-these-2-diamonds-5-ct.234004/page-12 There are other members who own 2c+ Js. At the same time, some people cannot do Js.

2. I would not call it a good SI1. It is not bad either. The white crystal blends in well under a white diffused lighting condition. For other conditions... it is a tough call.

Add it to your shortlist and keep looking.

Last edited:

824jagdds

Rough_Rock
I guess I didn't notice at first that the imperfection was right on the table.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results