shape
carat
color
clarity

Would this setting be safe for a marquise?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ciciiee

Rough_Rock

I am in the process of resetting my ring. I have a little under 1 carat marquise that I am thinking about setting the WF legato style.

Problem is with that setting and marquise, they will only be able to set it with a v-tip with 2 prongs in the middle. Which means total 4 prongs only. I've always seen the marquise been set in 6 prongs. What is your girls/guys opinion on setting a marquise this way? Is this safe?

33.gif
Has any one seen marquise set in 4 prongs before?

gi_WF-4150_f.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i would think if you wanted 6prongs, wf would do that for you. did you ask?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
definitely ask WF, they very well could do it..

Ciciiee

Rough_Rock
Yea, I asked. But I think that will make the designs too cramped. I really like the look of the 4 prong, I am just worrying about the security of the diamond.
32.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 8:51:19 AM
Author: Ciciiee
Yea, I asked. But I think that will make the designs too cramped. I really like the look of the 4 prong, I am just worrying about the security of the diamond.
32.gif
so, you still wanted to keep the legato ''swoops'' design on the head? if that is the case, yeah, you would have to sacrifice some prongs for sure. if you want the security of 6 prongs, you would have to go with straight prongs.
unless you have a 10ct marquise
31.gif

Ciciiee

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 9:13:47 AM
Author: belle

unless you have a 10ct marquise
31.gif

I wouldn't mind a 10ct marquise, or 10ct any shape for that matter.
31.gif

Ciciiee

Rough_Rock
But would a 4 prong setting be safe enough for a marquise?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Ciciiee what a coincidence, i was cleaning my files and thought of deleting this picture i made long time ago for mara''s friend marquees ring hunt.
I think it would be safe for your stone size and i actually love Vatche''s lines (that''s the original model for round).

Mar121.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wow! love that mockup!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 11:27:18 AM
Author: Pricescope
Ciciiee what a coincidence, i was cleaning my files and thought of deleting this picture i made long time ago for mara''s friend marquees ring hunt.
I think it would be safe for your stone size and i actually love Vatche''s lines (that''s the original model for round).
oooooooooooohhhh....wow!

Ciciiee

Rough_Rock

WOW lovely!!! nice, awesome!! You so put my mind in ease!! Thank you sooo much! :) You just gave me another idea! :) hmmm i wonder if the Flame design I be modified to fit a marquise?
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, very pretty Irina!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock

HUBBA, HUBBA! That design is gorgeous. If something like that can be made, I would seriously go for that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results