shape
carat
color
clarity

Would this lab spinel be worth re-cutting?

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
I came across this interesting teal blue lab created spinel and think it's kind of an interesting color. The stone doesn't look particularly impressive as it is, but perhaps a re-cutting would help? The stone is a bit larger than what I'm looking for (10x8), so a recutting may just make it the perfect size. The seller mentions "internal fissures" - what are your thoughts on that? Please take a look for me and offer up any opinions.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/595607...el&ref=sr_gallery-2-30&organic_search_click=1

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I came across this interesting teal blue lab created spinel and think it's kind of an interesting color. The stone doesn't look particularly impressive as it is, but perhaps a re-cutting would help? The stone is a bit larger than what I'm looking for (10x8), so a recutting may just make it the perfect size. The seller mentions "internal fissures" - what are your thoughts on that? Please take a look for me and offer up any opinions.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/595607...el&ref=sr_gallery-2-30&organic_search_click=1

I don't think it'll look great after a recut. If you like that color, I'd go for a darker blue zircon, or a lab created stone from a more trusted vendor.

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
I don't think it'll look great after a recut. If you like that color, I'd go for a darker blue zircon, or a lab created stone from a more trusted vendor.
Advice taken. I'll pass. Thanks.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can give Phil a recommendation. He's very nice and his stones are cut to perfection. I've had great interactions with him. His Hanami cut stones are lovely.

upload_2018-12-20_7-30-41.png

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I can give Phil a recommendation. He's very nice and his stones are cut to perfection. I've had great interactions with him. His Hanami cut stones are lovely.

upload_2018-12-20_7-30-41.png

Ooh... I have him favorited on my Etsy. It’s great to hear someone likes him.

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
Ooh... I have him favorited on my Etsy. It’s great to hear someone likes him.
I just corresponded with him through Etsy and he seems very eager to help me out with both cutting and ring design. I'll let y'all know how things turn out. He's local to me, so I hope I will be able to meet him in person and work something out.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I just corresponded with him through Etsy and he seems very eager to help me out with both cutting and ring design. I'll let y'all know how things turn out. He's local to me, so I hope I will be able to meet him in person and work something out.

Ooooh is it the lab sapphire I see for custom? ;)2

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@SouthernGent that's great! I hope it works out ! Please remember to share with us if you get a ring made! We're all about the pictures here:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results