shape
carat
color
clarity

would this drive you crazy??

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I have a french cut pave setting, with 16 .02 melee on the shank. A couple of nights ago I woke up and caught a glow from the corner of eye, it looked just like there was a fire fly on my finger! :o So anyway when I got a closer look I realized that 3 of the melee were glowing! One more than the others. I tried to get a pic but haven't been able to so far, but sure enough last night when I turned off the lights the melee lit up again! This must be flouresence right? But have any of you ever seen this before? And shouldn't the glow disappear if the light source creating it is removed? :???: I can't decide if I think it's sorta cool or annoying because I it kept me up for almost an hour playing with it. :roll:

Thoughts?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Christina...|1308597632|2950374 said:
I have a french cut pave setting, with 16 .02 melee on the shank. A couple of nights ago I woke up and caught a glow from the corner of eye, it looked just like there was a fire fly on my finger! :o So anyway when I got a closer look I realized that 3 of the melee were glowing! One more than the others. I tried to get a pic but haven't been able to so far, but sure enough last night when I turned off the lights the melee lit up again! This must be flouresence right? But have any of you ever seen this before? And shouldn't the glow disappear if the light source creating it is removed? :???: I can't decide if I think it's sorta cool or annoying because I it kept me up for almost an hour playing with it. :roll:

Thoughts?

I could totally be wrong, but I thought that the flourescence doesnt show up in the dark. I could totally be wrong....

links to articles and such on flouro

https://www.pricescope.com/wiki/diamonds/diamond-flourescence

DisneyBride828

Shiny_Rock
sounds like phosphorescence.

My pear has phosphorescence. It freaked me out at first but now I find it pretty cool. Basically it's the same concept as glow in the dark stickers. The substance (in this case your diamonds) absorbs the light source and is able to re emit it later. (when the lights are out)

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool. Wish I have something similar. :razz:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nifty! I've heard of this, but this is the first real-world example I've encountered!

But oh, Christina, you're not wearing your lovely to bed, are you?!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
DisneyBride828|1308603198|2950448 said:
sounds like phosphorescence.

My pear has phosphorescence. It freaked me out at first but now I find it pretty cool. Basically it's the same concept as glow in the dark stickers. The substance (in this case your diamonds) absorbs the light source and is able to re emit it later. (when the lights are out)

neat.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Amy: I had that same thought, that the flouresence wouldn't show in the dark, but rather in the light, so I was a bit spooked when I saw what was happening and then even more spooked when I could repeat every time I turned off the lights. It wouldn't have taken much to convince me that my ring was possessed! :-o

Disney: So thats what it is!! :appl: I'm so happy to have an answer. I bet it looks super cool on a much bigger stone. Mine are so tiny that I thought that maybe my sleepy eyes were playing tricks! Have you been able to photograph your ring under these conditions?

Yssie: :nono: I know, I know, I just haven't been able to take it off yet, not even while I sleep! Super bad with the pave and all huh?!

Stone: Whatcha wanna trade for it?? :Up_to_something:

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too bad I have nothing at the moment. :razz:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cool!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Totally cool!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh no, I think sleeping with it on probably is super bad for that glow-in-the-dark pave. :bigsmile:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Disneybride: is that a snake crawling up your gorgeous hand?? :o :errrr: hope it doesn't accompany glowing diamonds, or I'll give mine to stone cold for nothing!!! :D

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
There are a lot of things that would drive me crazy about rings, but glowing diamonds would not. That's really NEAT!!! The little things will sparkle even in the dark...gotta love that!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results