shape
carat
color
clarity

Would the disappearance of Pricescope really affect you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I would be sad. Having a virtual world keeps me from driving anyone around me crazy. I get all of the wedding, jewelery chatter out here, and consequently don`t talk about this stuff much with anyone else. And PS has been there for the very best, and the very worst moments of my life. So there`s a lot of history there. It`s a kind of outlet where I can enjoy the jewlery, vent, worry, and be joyful for other people. There''s so many intresting people that pass by, with so many different life experiences, it''s really fascinating.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 10:04:22 PM
Author:TravelingGal
Gypsy's thread, (which is now locked) really gave me some thought.

First off, on an aside, Gypsy, I apologize that your thread was locked because I think there was potential for good conversation. I am well aware of the irony that in talking about the rules, I broke the rules which resulted in getting the thread closed down. I was making an edit to note that, but too late.

Secondly, it got me thinking...we all post on Pricescope for various reasons. There have been threads on why we came and why we stay. But I wonder, would it affect us much if it just stopped one day?

I think about this from time to time. I don't spend much energy worrying about it, but I think, for whatever reason, one day the people who run it can just decide they've had enough. So where would I be?

I consider myself a person who is balanced and have a life, but I also think I'd really affected of Pricescope were to ever go away without warning.

Jewelry projects? Forget about it...I don't know anywhere else on the web I'd go to for ideas and advice.

You all are my water cooler. Yeah, I've got real life friends, but they're not hanging out with me in my home office. So much fun to watch the chatter here even if I don't pipe in. So I'd be pretty much seeking something else to replace my water cooler, but I doubt I'd find a more intelligent, varied group of people anywhere else.

And lastly, my pregnancy history and first year of my daughter's life would be gone, details wise. I've been saying forever that I was going to copy and paste all my entries on Pricescope during that time, but I haven't yet. I've already forgotten so much. If Pricescope were to disappear tomorrow, so much of my personal history would be gone too. I was too lazy to write in a journal, but it was so easy to blog here.

One thing is for sure...I'd probably have more money in my wallet.
1.gif

Would you care, above and beyond thinking it was a bummer?
TGal, I am glad you posted this. I touched on it in my reply yesterday - which was started when the thread was active but was too late to be posted. I feel deeply respectful of the Mods here; they have created a place for me to learn, relax and 'interact' on a level often difficult IRL. For that I am deeply thankful but I am also acutely aware of how 'addicted' I have become. I love it here and would mourn the loss.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would be, in a word, CRUSHED! I found PS while looking for info on diamonds for my ering and I haven''t left since. I''ve developed friendships on and offline because of PS. The community here is a sounding board, a shoulder to cry on, and most importantly a pool of educators on many many different topics. It''s cheesy, I know....

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I would be crushed (yes, I''d move on, but it would suck for a good long while!!!). I came here for an education, and instead found a wonderful, intelligent, varied group of folks from all over the world. Not a day goes by that I don''t learn something new from someone on this forum, be it about jewelry or just life in general. I''ve belonged to many forums over the years - and this is the first one that actually feels like a good cross section of humanity. We have so many different countries and walks of life represented here - it would be tragic if it were to end.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 5:55:23 AM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 2/25/2009 5:43:23 AM
Author: Maisie
Pricescope is an invaluable resource and there isn''t anything else as good on the net.
Amen to that it isn''t perfect but it is home.
Ditto!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I would be terribly sad. I love pricescope in general, I love the people on this site. I enjoy the whole experience so much, that if it were suddenly gone, I think I would go into a bit of a panic.

A few months ago I changed my e-mail address, and was locked out of PS because I didn''t "confirm" the new e-mail. And let me tell you, I really thought that I had lost my PS privilidges. I was like what did I do????

Fortunately, Ali shared with me what to do to reconnect my account, and things quickly went back to "normal"...but I was like "Mark, Mark...help me...I''m locked out....what do I do????" and I made him mess with the cookies on the computer and all sorts of junk trying to figure it out for a solid hour.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d be pretty sad.

This forum has been so supportive and informative in the short time I''ve been here. I sometimes confide more in people here than I do in real life.

I''ve made some great e-friends on PS, and I''d lose all contact with them if PS just disappeared one morning. That would be most upsetting.

On the plus side, if PS disappeared, my grades would probably go up, since I couldn''t sit on PS in class all the time.
9.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 8:59:19 AM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I would be terribly sad. I love pricescope in general, I love the people on this site. I enjoy the whole experience so much, that if it were suddenly gone, I think I would go into a bit of a panic.

A few months ago I changed my e-mail address, and was locked out of PS because I didn''t ''confirm'' the new e-mail. And let me tell you, I really thought that I had lost my PS privilidges. I was like what did I do????

Fortunately, Ali shared with me what to do to reconnect my account, and things quickly went back to ''normal''...but I was like ''Mark, Mark...help me...I''m locked out....what do I do????'' and I made him mess with the cookies on the computer and all sorts of junk trying to figure it out for a solid hour.
LOL! Italia, this totally sounds like something I would make my DH do!
9.gif

And yes, I would be very sad if PS went away.
7.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t be affected from a jewelry perspective to be 100% honest. I just got myself out of the starving grad student status but am still no where near being able to make jewelry purchases (although I love to stare at all the eye candy).

I love all the sections here and all of the people that I have "met" but from that aspect, life would go on. What would really make my heart break would be to lose my support group that I lean on over in the pregnant psers section. I puffy heart those ladies and this thread now has me thinking that I should really find a way to keep in contact with them in the event that ps ever does shut down
3.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If PS disappeared, I think I''d have to have a funeral or something and go through a grieving process similar to when a loved one passes.
15.gif

Seriously, though, I really would miss being able to come here and share, and like Mara said, "people watch." PS is full of interesting characters, stories, and obviously fabulous jewels--the mainstay. And although I am currently going through a divorce, I hope that someday I will be in the market for engagement and wedding jewelry again, and I will want to come here for opinions and advice.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would be very sad. Tgal, I''m like you where much of my pregnancy journal is written here and I keep thinking i need to copy it just in case.....I''ve got nothing written anywhere else on Jake and that thread was so great going though pregnancy with you gals and this first year with our babies. I would miss the diamond side too of course but it''s the family threads that I really stick around for at this point. like mara, I know the vendors and who I''d use for purchases so I don''t really need PS for that purpose. I''d really miss my online buddy''s though and I much prefer reading on PS than watching TV or some other at home leisure activity. I still like helping people too when they are looking for the perfect setting etc...

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Pricescope is a cash cow. It''s not going anywhere
2.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would mourn the loss for a short period of time, but in all honesty I would probably move on pretty quickly. I do love it here of course, and I would miss it, but it''s just a small part of my life as a whole.

Plus I''m sure we''d all find ourselves on another forum together anyway.
2.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d miss it if Pricescope disappeared. I''ve grown so used to checking for new posts and new pieces a couple of times a day. It''s my happy escape from real life and work.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I would be bummed for a moment, but then remember I have other places.

I haven''t been posting here as much lately because of the drama anyway, so I might not even notice for days.
15.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tgal, much like you, I feel a lot of my history (surrounding my wedding, pretty much) is logged here. I''ve already started archiving important threads on my hard drive, because I think at some point I may have to ask for them to be removed (for privacy reasons), and I want to hold on to them for my own purposes
1.gif

Other than that, I would feel much like neatfreak and storm... at a loss for a little while, then move on. I don''t think I''d end up posting regularly elsewhere in the future, it would likely just be the end of my forum days - which I suppose wouldn''t be such a terrible thing, really.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would be sad. My life revolves around my toddler. There are days where I hardly have ANY adult conversations. PS is a support system. A source of entertainment. A source of education. I love that ANY question I might had I know (sometimes within a matter of minutes) someone will know the answer. I feel like I have formed friendships that otherwise would have been impossible. I hope that Pricescope won''t disappear anytime soon.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS is "where" I go when I don''t want to be anywhere else. As a matter of fact, PS is where I "am" a lot of times when I *should* be somewhere else!

The friends I''ve made here (many of whom have moved off of the forums and into my real ife) are invaluable to me and I would be more than sad if PS went away...
39.gif

Plus, forget all of the enabling and jewelry info, where else would I get all the free pet advice?!?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 1:09:45 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I would be sad. My life revolves around my toddler. There are days where I hardly have ANY adult conversations. PS is a support system. A source of entertainment. A source of education. I love that ANY question I might had I know (sometimes within a matter of minutes) someone will know the answer. I feel like I have formed friendships that otherwise would have been impossible. I hope that Pricescope won''t disappear anytime soon.
Ditto.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 12:50:14 PM
Author: musey
Tgal, much like you, I feel a lot of my history (surrounding my wedding, pretty much) is logged here. I''ve already started archiving important threads on my hard drive, because I think at some point I may have to ask for them to be removed (for privacy reasons), and I want to hold on to them for my own purposes
1.gif

Other than that, I would feel much like neatfreak and storm... at a loss for a little while, then move on. I don''t think I''d end up posting regularly elsewhere in the future, it would likely just be the end of my forum days - which I suppose wouldn''t be such a terrible thing, really.
Ditto. I would be sad that the year or so of "history" I''ve documented here would be gone, and I would miss the community very much.

However, this is the only forum I''ve ever posted on, and I can''t imagine joining another one if PS disappeared. I would miss all of you, but I don''t think I''d search for a new community anywhere else. There''s no replacing PS.
2.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I would be pretty sad because this site has been a priceless source of input and information in regards to my wedding so far and I am still over a year out! Not to mention the good advice I have received on other things too. I enjoy having a space to talk about celebrity gossip and whatnot as well.

Like others I haven''t ever posted regularly on a forum before this one. I thoroughly enjoy the people I have "met" so far here. If it were to suddenly disappear I would probably move on eventually but it would take a while to stop thinking "Oh I wonder what the PSers would think?" when it comes to wedding-related details.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
I don`t post often because I don`t really have much time to write but I would be pretty sad if PS just one day vanished. I don`t live were there are many jewellery stores (one very small one in town) and nobody around here wears much bling so this is my place to get my diamond "fix".
2.gif
I enjoy lurking and being the "fly on the wall" more then actively participating in the discussions but I do appreciate them and enjoy my daily "lurks" here. An end to PS wouldn`t be life altering but it I would miss it; no boubt about it.

*´¨)
¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•''Cachette
1.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What would I read all day if Pricescope disappeared?
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I think I would feel an definite void in my life where PS normally fits. I spend a lot of my "down time" on here, and I would be very bored without it. I''m sure I would find something else to fill my time, but I doubt I would enjoy it as much as I enjoy reading and responding here. Now that I think of it, I used to do things like play spider solitaire, sudoku, look at gossip columns, but I would much rather be on here. Plus, I would always be wondering what was happening with so many other posters.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking about this the other day... if pricescope were to ever go away I think I would really miss it. I enjoy seeing, reading, and learning about all kinds of topics on here. This has also been the only forum that I have ever been a part of so maybe that makes a difference too? Hopefully they won''t shut it down and if the people running it now get tired maybe they can find someone else. I know I have thought about it.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ack, don''t even talk about it!!
39.gif
There''s just too much interesting stuff here to have it all disappear. I still have so much to learn, and I''m interested in hearing about the people here even if I don''t know them in real life. It''s such a varied forum. There''s just nothing else like PS!
2.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
It would definitely affect me! I would be bored as heck. I would really miss it!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I admit, I've been cheating on PS the last few weeks with an old forum that I've been part of since I was like...15. I think the disappearance of my other forum would probably affect me more, but they don't really have any revenue, so it might happen one day.

If PS disappeared, I'd probably wonder what happened to all the posters once in a while.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I am hooked, so it would cause me to go through withdrawal! I do not get on at work, but I much prefer reading PS at night over watching TV. There are a couple of other interests I have on the internet, but I do feel connected to the people here and would be lonely without it! It''s not like you can call local friends and talk for a couple of hours every night!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I would be terribly sad.... I''ve not found another online community with the same level of knowledge and "family" feel!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results