shape
carat
color
clarity

Would love your opinion on this stone

st0rmshad0

Rough_Rock
Been lurking for a bit and like many, I stumbled across this forum when searching for the right diamond for an engagement ring. The information provided on this site is simply invaluable. Thank you to all the contributors.

Well, I've been searching for and stumbled across a stone that I would love your expert opinion on.
Specs:
1.75 carat
I color
SI1 clarity
HCA - 1.7
AGS Ideal 0 - #104048413024

It's stated to be "eye clean" from up to 6" away. My question/concern really lies in the picture. The stone looks like it appears to have these 'water spots' in several places. I've provided a link and uploaded the image below. Are these reflections from the inclusions from the diamond? According to the AGS report, there seems to be 2 'clouds' and it seems to be near the center. Does that mean that it'll get reflected along the sides as well? And lastly, what are the chances it will be less noticeable once in a setting (platinum)?

URL Link
<a href="http://imgur.com/WohlE" title="Hosted by imgur.com">http://imgur.com/WohlE.jpg</a>
ags0175_0.jpg

Your thoughts / opinion is most appreciated.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting won't have any effect on the visibility of these inclusions. They appear to be clouds. But if they say the stone is eyeclean up to 6", that is good for an SI1. Stone looks very nice!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Post the report or exact carat weight on the report.

st0rmshad0

Rough_Rock
Thanks DS.

Still being a novice, is it safe to assume these clouds would have a real visual impact on the Light Return, brilliance, fire, and scintillation of the stone? And if yes, would that mean that although it's rated at an HCA of 1.7 that in real life it can be much worse?
Although the AGS report only listed 2 clouds, I feel like there are several in that stone. I guess I'm just trying to get my expectations in order.

The exact carat weight is 1.752

Thanks!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yap, looks like the cloud is being reflected several times in the stone. Ask the vendor if it is visible from the side is your best options. No way to say if it can or not base on the map.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results