shape
carat
color
clarity

Would love input for ring modification

flash407

Rough_Rock
I'm looking to getting married for the second time. 1st round was a big diamond thing that is now a gorgeous necklace.

My mother recently passed away and I inherited her ring. I would love to this or modify. I'd love your thoughts.

Should I leave alone?

Just use the sapphire and redo? (It's ....gulp...a little smaller than I would have selected if that was my path. How could I "beef" it up?

I'm obsessed with bezels. I've included a ring of mine that I just love (but from ex!)

Appreciate your help!!

_378.jpeg

_379.jpeg

_380.jpeg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
My thoughts ... your mother "recently" passed. I think you should wait before you do anything with her jewelry, at least a year. Your feelings will change over time, and you can't put it back.

That ring fits you! It's not like you have a ring that doesn't fit, and you need to do something with the stones.

That ring is beautiful, and it's not as diminutive as you might think. It's certainly comparable to the other ring, minus the bezel.

Tastes change. I once liked big and bold, as well, and now I prefer traditional and classic.

So, to sum up, I think you should leave it as is. :angel:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Putting a bezel around an already dark stone may make it darker, so honestly, I would leave it as it is. I think it is classic and beautiful and a very wearable ring. A lot of inherited rings just have to be reset to consider wearing them, but this is not one of them. I am very sorry about the loss of your mother, but it sounds like you have some happy times ahead with getting married!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results