shape
carat
color
clarity

would like your opinion on settings...Tacori or Verragio?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I am doing an upgrade for our 10 yr anniversary. Totally changing it out. I love both the filigree, antique look, and I love pave.
I am trying to decide between a Verragio or a Tacori setting. I will be going with a Princess cut, around 1.50- 2.00 carat( have not found it yet).

Here are the settings I like...I really like them both, cant figure out which one I like more...please help me choose!

The Tacori is called the mermaid style.... you can find it under the bridal collection II, is wouldnt let me link it. I am not sure if I would get a matching wedding band or not....probably wont be able to afford one....so I'm wondering if this is ok to wear alone..or not.

http://www.tacori.com/tacori-index.html

http://www.verragio.com/#prodid=148

The Verragio I would put a princess in instead of the round, with vcap prongs. I have tried on, and it is a good thickness for me to wear alone, kind of like a unity band.

not sure which one is "the one"........
Thanks for your input
Tina

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Those are both gorgeous settings, but I am a sucker for Tacori and I think the Mermaid is incredible! However only you can decide which is "the one". Apparently you''ve seen the Verragio in person, but I would certainly suggest trying both styles on before making up your mind. In my opinion you could wear either one alone. I upgraded to a three stone ring on a narrow shank with three sided micro pave and I wear it alone as my wedding ring.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s the Tacori

Tacoriprincesstry2.png

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for the Mermaid!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Verragio

verragioprincesstake2.png

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
thanks guys for your input....how do you put the pic right in the posting????

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
I actually like The Verragio more to wear alone, but it''s so hard to tell in pictures. Try them both if you can before you make a final decision.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
wholly crap.....I just called a retailer here in my area and the Tacori would cost $8550, just for the setting, and the Verragio I can get for $3200

uggggghhhhhhh

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
P.S. My engagement ring is a Tacori with scallloped sides (not the Mermaid, though), and I love how it looks alone. I''m actually having a tough time buying a wedding band because I like how it looks without one so much.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Somebody on here actually got that Verragio setting. It was stunning!!!
30.gif
30.gif
It gets my vote.

shay

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2006 2:15:24 PM
Author: jetmal
wholly crap.....I just called a retailer here in my area and the Tacori would cost $8550, just for the setting, and the Verragio I can get for $3200

uggggghhhhhhh

Get a quote on the Tacori as a 1/2 eternity band. That should shrink the cost some. Don''t forget you have much bigger side stones on the Tacori so that is also another difference. I love the Tacori better than the Verragio but then again I am a Tacori girl. You should try both of them on and I think you will know which is the one for you! Good luck!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2006 2:07:28 PM
Author: jetmalhow do you put the pic right in the posting????

Yeah! I want to know too - I still can''t figure it out........ :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
If the picture is of something that is posted on the internet drag the picture to your desktop. Hit "reply" in the thread you want to post a picture. Then hit "attach file" to load your picture. Hit "choose file" and select the picture you want and then hit "upload". If it doesn''t work your file might be too large. Take it in photoshop or another picture program to adjust it. HTHs!

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I like the Tacori one better.

My friend e-ring was her also her w-band. She has a 3-stone ring with a thin gold band, it''s very pretty. Although I think it was her decision to forgo the w-ring, I think she mostly did it because her husband can be rather frugal and she didn''t feel he would really go for that (although I''m sure he would). I know that she wishes now she had a separate wedding band, so maybe you could have a ring designed after the Tacori ring which would possibly be cheaper and you could also get a matching wedding band. Just a thought, unless of course your FI (soon to be) doesn''t want or need a wedding band.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Also, there are similar but less expensive Tacori styles (and try the diamonds half-way around trick as mentioned above).

Check out www.arthursjewelers.com - they have MANY similar but cheaper styles, so you can write down the style numbers and get quotes from other places.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I like the Verragio to wear alone better than the Tacori but they are both beautiful!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I think I like the Verragio better too, but I think that''s because I am not a huge baguette fan. Those are baguettes on the Tacori, right?

seeker78

Rough_Rock
Let''s see...do I get the Bentley or the Rolls... I like the Verragio myself. I think it has a better flow, and it''s a bit understated compared to the Tacori.

Nifergirl7997

Rough_Rock
I like the style of the Ver, myself. It''s pretty and unique.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
What about this one (HT 2271):
a.jpg

I like the knife edge even better then the baguettes on the Mermaid, and this one is much less expensive.

lornajs

Rough_Rock
Both are beautiful - you can''t go wrong either way.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the Tacori. I think antique styles will always be "in style", but I am not sure that I wouldn''t get tired of the Verragio.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2006 4:58:22 PM
Author: ChooChoo
Get a quote from www.sistersjewelry.com - they had the best Tacori prices we found. As a reference, we got my Tacori setting for about $1000 less than the exact same setting costs at www.arthursjewelers.com.
ChooChoo, this is really amazing. I clicked on sistersjewelry and then Timeless Designs. I saw a beautiful antique setting with side sapphires today that I'd like to have probably as a RHR on the James Allen site. Low and behold...there it is on the far right of the TD homepage! Can't wait to look at the rest of the designs because the one I liked was only like $1600 in platinum at James Allen. So those prices are really lower than Tacori for an antique setting that includes the sapphires! Thanks for the links!

Nevermind about the location of the setting I liked...the pictures on the Timeless Designs homepage change! They have some nice settings!

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Choo,
thanks, I did send sisters an email to inquire about prices....will let you know what they say!
Tina

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2006 3:25:51 PM
Author: ecf8503
Date: 2/15/2006 2:07:28 PM

Author: jetmalhow do you put the pic right in the posting????

Yeah! I want to know too - I still can''t figure it out........ :)

i actually had to make my computer take a picture because the sites these are on will not let you copy them. then i loaded into my program renamed it and hit reply in the post. attach file and selected the picture. you can also copy the URL address and hit the little mountain button and paste, when replying and that will save you a ton of time saving it to your hard drive, renaming etc.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
that one is pretty too.....does anyone have the knife edge? is it comfortable on the finger?

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I vote for the Mermaid hands down. What about the Tacori Panda?

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I dont see a pic of the panda one on their website......?????.....

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about this one. Still full eternity. Smaller side stones. Very pretty, look at those lovely prongs! listed at $4,980 on arthersjewelers.com

cleardot-1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results