shape
carat
color
clarity

Would like to know if this Jade Nephrite or Jadeite?

ezeepass

Rough_Rock
Good Morning!
I would sincerely appreciate your help in letting me know if this jade pendant a Nephrite or a Jadeite and any other information you can give me about this piece, since I am new to this jade (5).JPG ? Thank you in advance for your response.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is jadeite and believe it is a pixiu, a mythical animal in Chinese art. I could be wrong about that part though. Others can chime in who may know more about the carving. Pretty colors!

ezeepass

Rough_Rock
It is jadeite and believe it is a pixiu, a mythical animal in Chinese art. I could be wrong about that part though. Others can chime in who may know more about the carving. Pretty colors!
Thank you so much for responding! Enjoy your day

ezeepass

Rough_Rock
Sorry, but I have one more question is you know. on the bottom it has a diamond/star like shape and I was wondering if it is the makers mark or a symbol to the Chinese culture?

Thank you again
jade (16).JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, but I have one more question is you know. on the bottom it has a diamond/star like shape and I was wondering if it is the makers mark or a symbol to the Chinese culture?

Thank you again
jade (16).JPG
Oh, I believe that could well also be a lucky toad, often pictured with a coin, which is on the bottom. I believe it is placed in a special position in the house.

ezeepass

Rough_Rock
Thank you!

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
You're right it's a pixiu and the mark resemble a coin.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results