shape
carat
color
clarity

Would it fit?

T

talamasca

Hi, could someone tell me whether a 4.77m stone would fit OK into a 5mm bezel?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it a round stone? If so, most likely, yes. If not, then it depends.

T

talamasca

Hi, no it's a square setting and a square cut stone with the corners chopped off, if you get what I mean! A bit like an octagon, but with longer edges compared to the corners.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone is a rounded cornered square cushion? Do you have a picture of the setting?

T

talamasca

No, we haven't bought the setting yet. Once we've bought the stone the jeweller's going to set it. At the weekend we had a look at some off the shelf square bezel settings so I'm not sure whether other shapes are available or not. We're trying to keep the cost down by choosing something that's readily available.

T

talamasca

As it happens, the Jeweller just rang with an up-date on my e-ring and I asked about the sizing and she said the stone would probably be a bit too small.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the smaller the stone, the less leeway there is for a bezel to fit. It might have to be custom made. I have a 4mm square cut diamond bezeled in a custom piece, and if you want a nice crisp bezel, I can't see that stone fitting inside anything that didn't fit like a glove.

T

talamasca

TL|1309967172|2962807 said:
I think the smaller the stone, the less leeway there is for a bezel to fit. It might have to be custom made. I have a 4mm square cut diamond bezeled in a custom piece, and if you want a nice crisp bezel, I can't see that stone fitting inside anything that didn't fit like a glove.

Thanks TL. As we're trying to keep the cost down we'll be getting a standard size setting so will look for a stone as close to 5mm as possible :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results