shape
carat
color
clarity

Would it creep you out if...

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Your DH's ex (of like 8 yrs) just got engaged to a guy that looks almost identical to your DH? How about if she posted shots on FB of her ering and it not only was identical to yours, but was purchased from the same online vendor? :shock:

Why do I ask? Because it just happened to me! I can only describe it as creepy. Imagine looking at a photo of your ering in the ring box, then looking at nearly the exact same thing but with flowers around it on your SO/DH's ex's profile. :wacko:

ETA: Her FI even dresses like my DH! :loopy: It's so weird it's funny!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Did you mean to post that link?

Is your e-ring a fairly available design, from a fairly known vendor, I probably wouldn't be creeped out. One of my friends has never heard of PS, isn't into jewelry, but her fiance/now husband came across PS on his e-ring search and ended up with a AGS 0 Legato around the 1 carat mark. Those words probably mean nothing to her and as much as she loves the ring, she doesn't know anything about jewelry. So, it is possible that ex's new FI came across PS, found a great vendor, picked a setting just like yours--completely inadvertently and without guidance from the ex.

If I had a custom built setting, or had something that isn't widely available or known to those without an interest in jewelry, I would probably find it odd.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
why is she even on ur or maybe ur DH's FB? but yeah, that's pretty creepy~

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:confused: most of my exes look like each other...

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't post a link...did I? oO I don't see one.

It's not a custom piece, it's just extremely similar. Even the pictures are similar. I guess maybe buying from this online vendor isn't THAT uncommon, but I thought so.

RE: FB friends, I'm not on hers. My DH showed me it on his account. They (and the entire circle of friends) have known each other since like kindergarten and they've been separated since 2005. He was her friend on there before I met him and it wasn't anything inappropriate or hostile so there wasn't (and still isn't) a reason to de-friend. I don't have ill feelings for her or feel threatened, etc. I'm just creeped out by the recent similarities!

DH has the same hair color/cut/body type/skin complexion/facial hair and style of clothes that her FI does. :lol:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
A bit creepy but also a sign that maybe she thinks highly of your DH and wanted to find someone as great as he?

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
Nah, I wouldn't be creeped out. After all, I got the "original" :wink2: My mother thinks that my boyfriends look alike, but I saw them as completely different. Her fiance may be nothing like your husband in person, and really, don't most guys in the same social stratosphere tend to dress/groom alike anyway?

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
This is true! Thanks for the perspectives. :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, a little creepy. But at the same time all the guys I have been attracted to look similar--- and certain ring designs are really popular-- so it could just be pure coincidence. Def a little twilight zone though, lol.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
tammy77|1311720084|2977413 said:
I didn't post a link...did I? oO I don't see one.

It's not a custom piece, it's just extremely similar. Even the pictures are similar. I guess maybe buying from this online vendor isn't THAT uncommon, but I thought so.

RE: FB friends, I'm not on hers. My DH showed me it on his account. They (and the entire circle of friends) have known each other since like kindergarten and they've been separated since 2005. He was her friend on there before I met him and it wasn't anything inappropriate or hostile so there wasn't (and still isn't) a reason to de-friend. I don't have ill feelings for her or feel threatened, etc. I'm just creeped out by the recent similarities!

DH has the same hair color/cut/body type/skin complexion/facial hair and style of clothes that her FI does. :lol:

You didn't post a link, my computer has a bug :rolleyes: ;( . Your post was the first time I saw the hyperlink, so I assumed you must have put it there..since then I've seen it on other pages and I'm running a virus scan.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I'd probably be creeped out at first. But in the end, I'd be more flattered.

I was also wondering how you had access to her photos on Facebook, unless her profile is public or you're on her friend's list.

The fact that you notice these coincidences and post about it on a forum must affect you in some way.

Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it too much. People do a lot of strange things, and it may not have anything to do with you.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It wouldn't worry me. I have a certain type of man that I'm attracted to so it's probably the same with her.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
If she's doing all that on purpose then yeah it's definitely creepy, but that's pretty doubtful, no? Without more information, I'm going to have to vote 'no'. :cheeky:

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
That's definitely creepy! :-o

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
A bit creepy - but why are you freinds with her on FB?

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
I'd said earlier, but it was in a ramble post...I'm not her friend on FB. DH has her on his (along with a million other old school friends) and he showed me the pictures. He's more than okay with deleting her, but I felt/feel that's a little possessive/neurotic since there's never been a single thing to make me think it would be a problem. Trust me, if there was even an inkling of lingering feelings or inappropriate behavior I would have deleted her myself! :tongue:

It was just an uncomfortable feeling because it seemed too coincidental and for whatever reason I just didn't expect for his ex to have her ring from the same vendor when we live on opposite coasts and buying online is still far from the norm.

I posted the question here because I was confused about why I felt weird and wanted feedback/perspective. After thinking about it more though, I'm very much over it! I realize that buying online (and particularly from this vendor) is becoming increasingly popular - which I am usually a huge advocate of. So why should this be any different? Also, even if their choice was influenced by what my DH bought for me, that's actually a pretty nice compliment! :wink2:

Indy - I hope the virus is gone, that stinks!!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I don't think it's strange to feel weird - it's human to me. She's an ex who was close to your DH at one point and she obviously is aware he is looking at the photos, and probably looking at ones of the two of you. It's just cleaner in my opinion to not have any connection - I kind of would be wanting him to delete the link snce there is no longer a connection so what is the point. Just my opinoin - but I agree it's odd of the ex -but then I'm sure there're plenty of reasons he's not with her anymore!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I can understand why you feel weird, but I think it's probably just a matter of her having a type of man that she likes. I personally like tall, thin, darkhaired ENFPs. So DH and exBF have a lot in common, but that's a matter of me having a type, not a matter of me trying to recreate exBF. I mean, if she shows up in your kitchen with a pot boiling and your child's bunny is missing, by all means, freak out, but otherwise, I'd figure the ring is just a coincidence, and the similarities between her FI and your DH are probably just because she likes nice, handsome men who are good dressers. ;-)

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
phoenixgirl|1311805939|2978331 said:
I can understand why you feel weird, but I think it's probably just a matter of her having a type of man that she likes. I personally like tall, thin, darkhaired ENFPs. So DH and exBF have a lot in common, but that's a matter of me having a type, not a matter of me trying to recreate exBF. I mean, if she shows up in your kitchen with a pot boiling and your child's bunny is missing, by all means, freak out, but otherwise, I'd figure the ring is just a coincidence, and the similarities between her FI and your DH are probably just because she likes nice, handsome men who are good dressers. ;-)

The absolute funniest thing about this is that my daughter DOES have a bunny! :lol: Oh, and I agree. Thanks!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I had a close friend who died of cancer 2.5 years ago. His widow just remarried somebody who looks EXACTLY LIKE HIM. But given the circumstances you just can't think there is anything creepy about that. I think some people just have a certain type that they're attracted to, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results