shape
carat
color
clarity

Would it be hard to find small pink tourmalines?

moobaby

Rough_Rock
I'm working on an idea to make myself a RHR using the birthstones of my sons. One was born in October, with our second child being due late November this year. I was thinking of purchasing a citrine center stone (Nov birthstone) and using pink tourmalines as a halo/melee set in rose gold. I'm not sure how feasible it would be for a jeweler to find the tourmalines in the right size for this idea, kwim? I tried contacting LOGR and Lan.bo4 and both said they would not be able to do the pink sidestones.

What I REALLY want is a 2+carat yellow diamond halo'd with pink diamonds done be Leon Mege, but my DH said I better start saving my money and count on that as a 15 or 20 year anniversary present instead lol...

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It should be rather easy. I see them all the time with my dealers (from teeny tiny 1.2 mm on up and every shade from pale pink to hot pink - probably irradiated, though). Look for calibrated stones at large dealers such as Multicolour (although they don't have pink - I just checked), instead of the precision cutters.

By the way - if you save your money, it won't be an anniversary present, you know :twisted:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I saw those. I like the colour a lot.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's Laurie Sarah. Don't know the exact username though. :loopy:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Freke, I'm so bad remembering names. :oops:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
tourmaline_lover said:
Thanks Freke, I'm so bad remembering names. :oops:
No problem. You were pretty darn close, and I was browsing her shop earlier today!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Getting small pink tourmalines are easy enough but not getting super saturated hot pink tourmalines, more so if you are concerned about them being nuked. I’m quite sure even your local jeweller will be able to procure a parcel from Stuller.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results