shape
carat
color
clarity

Would appreciate your advice on these 2 diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kalle

Rough_Rock
I'm looking for a diamond for a very special occasion (isn't that always the case?), namely the birth of our first child. I've my eyes on the following 2 diamonds:

DIAMOND 1 at U$2900:
HRD certificate
0.75 ct, VVS2, color H
5.76x5.81mmx3.67mm
slight fluorescence
prop.: very good
girdle: medium 4% faceted
culet: pointed
table width: 58%
crown height: 15%
pavillion depth: 44.5%
finish grade: good

DIAMOND 2 at U$2630:
HRD certificate
0.68 ct, VS2, color F
slight fluorescence
5.65x5.72mmx3.47mm
prop: very good
girdle: medium 3%
culte: pointed
table width: 57%
crown height: 15.5%
pavillion depth: 43%
finish grade: good

Is HRD a good certificate or should I go for GIA? (The problem with GIA is that I can't get hold of the Sarin reports for crown and pavillion angle). I would appreciate your opinion very much. Thanks!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Well, you don't have crown and pavilion angles on those diamonds either so I'm not seeing the benefit of the HRD certs.

If you try here, you will find diamonds that already have crown and pavilion angle information: https://www.pricescope.com/sift.asp

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Crown and pavilion numbers from HRD report are not of much help since they are rounded. EGL reports have the same problem.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The first stone has no hope of looking great, the second probably has a steep crown angle, but really we need angles and whichever stone you look at you will need to get the angles for us to aid you.
AGS reports give angles, but the stones with AGS certs tend to cost more - so you just need to nag the vendors to give you the data if you want the best price.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results