shape
carat
color
clarity

Would appreciate advice in finding a 3-3.5ct cushion

rockyjack

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I'm looking for a 3-3.5ct cushion (or possibly a radiant).
Preferably H color, though I would consider G-I
Preferably VS2 or SI1, though I would consider VS1 or a relatively cleaner SI2

I think I would like one of the more brilliant / modern cushion cuts, although I honestly have not looked at enough to be exactly clear. Can anyone help me with figuring out what an appropriate price range is, where the best place to find them is, how to identify exactly which cushion cut is most suitable, and if there is a way to identify an excellent "cut" for a cushion over the Internet?

Thanks!

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
rockyjack|1303757359|2904683 said:
Hi,

Preferably VS2 or SI1, though I would consider VS1 or a relatively cleaner SI2

Thanks!

I'm not sure if you mean prefer VS1 but would consider a VS2? Or consider an SI1?

Some initial questions to consider:

Is the wearer "color sensitive"? (I.e. Must it be sparking icy white? Color is more noticeable, the bigger the stone.)
Does the wearer want a rectangular cushion/radiant or a symmetrical square cushion/radiant?
You say "modern" in the post- have you seen the difference in person?

With "fancy" cuts, I really can't stress enough how important it is to go see them in person. And while I have a personal preference for a happy medium in so far as cut (i.e. both bold flashes as well feiry quick flashes), the wearer may have a preference.

Lastly, at the 3+ carat range, I'd want it to be a VERY clean diamond, so I personally wouldn't go for anything less than a VS2.

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
Good Old Gold (GOG) has some in the $40-$50K range with pictures. I'd also contact Mark @ ERD as he has sourced cushions for a lot of people here and it is one of his specialties (has his own branded cut). He doesn't have any that large in his inventory right now but he can easily source you some with pictures to your specs. James Allen has a few as well with pictures in the 3-3.5 range. They all seem to be in the very high 30's (at the lower end of your specs) on up. I don't know anything about cushions in terms of what to look for, but these are all reputable vendors who can assist you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results