shape
carat
color
clarity

WOULD A BEZEL SET MARQUISE BE MORE MODERN?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
I have so much money invested in my ring that I really can''t afford to remake the entire ring. It is custom made platinum with hand engraving. So my question is......If I redo the head of the ring and change it from prongs to bezel with maybe some milgrain work to match the band, (and maybe melee stones on the side of the head) do you think that would modernize it some? This ring was an upgrade that I received in 1998.

I will try to upload pics, but so far they have been to large and I can''t figure out how to make them smaller. Thanks for all the advice!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Yes, it would be more modern -- I''ve seen many beautiful bezel set marquise diamonds on several high-end jewelry designer''s sites.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
yes i think it would.

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I think it would look more modern and very nice to bezel it. The milgrain sounds pretty on the prongs. I''m not sure how the melee would look. If you can, try to resize a pic of your ring and post it.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a picture of my ER with wedding bands on each side. (Not a good picture. Taken with cell phone) I would like to ONLY change the head that the marquise is sitting in. Maybe bezel with milgrain. Suggestions?

0311001218.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think bezel and/or E-W would be modern a la MAchick''s ring. I am not sure you can change only the head on your set and achieve a different look though. Your set has a distinct style to it, which actually I quite like, but I don''t think I would call it "modern" per se.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
dreamer_d

Thanks Dreamer_d.....My dh actually designed it in 1998. I love the ring, but honestly he picked the marquise and that has never been my favorite cut, however it probably looks best on me as I have long slender fingers. Anyway, since the marquise is prong set (btw, only chevrons on each end) I was hoping to maybe just upgrade that a bit. Don''t think and E/W design would work with that setting.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Hm. Given the style of your ring, I agree that adding to it isn''t really going to modernize it too much. After seeing it, I''d suggest just leaving it alone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The picture you posted totally changed my initial answer. Even if it is possible to change the prongs out to a bezel, I doubt it will make it look that different or modern because of the overall design.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
if you are keeping the rest of the set/band as is I would not change the head. If you want to remake the e-ring, repurpose the diamonds...then I think a bezel could be amazing.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring has a very specific style to it and adding a bezel wouldn''t change that.

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think adding a bezel set would really change the over all look at all.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
This bezel is kind of what I had in mind. With the milgrain (marquise shape of course)

Chronosring_with_milgrain2.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe buy another diamond in a shape you like and wear it sometimes or on your other hand? Would that satisfy the urge?

Firestone

Shiny_Rock
I agree with the others and wouldn''t change your ring. The mounting of your e-ring is very elaborate and wide. Even if it was possible to just change the head to a bezel with milgrain, I think it would be too much and wouldn''t really go with the shank. I also don''t think it would modernize the ring.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Taylor,

Unfortunately, it would take a total reset to "modernize" your set, and I wouldn''t spend the money to bezel the stone in it''s current setting because I don''t think you''ll get the look you want from it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results