shape
carat
color
clarity

Worth moving from H to F? Picking between 2 stones

NervousBuyer

Rough_Rock
After what has seemed like a loooong search, I have successfully narrowed my choices down to two diamonds! Yay! :appl:

I am fairly committed to BGD because they are the only ones I can find with a setting that I know my girlfriend will love - the classic truth (I have very specific details haha).

Initially I was looking at:
0.544ct, H, SI1 eye-clean
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104051366051
Dimensions: 5.23x5.26mm
$1810

However I recently came across:
0.504, F, SI1 eye-clean
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/diamond-detail/?product_id=AGS-104052884022
Dimensions: 5.14x5.20mm
$1899

I'm assuming the size difference won't be noticeable (especially when not in a direct comparison and once mounted).
The carat weight is a little less on the 2nd one, but it's a bump up to F from H. I was told the H faces up very white (due to its ideal cut). I would have thought going up to an F color would cost more - I guess it's limited due to the drop in weight? Since it's still a comparable size (I'm not planning on trying to resell so the actual weight isn't a huge issue) does this look to be a good deal? $90 seems like a small amount to pay to get to an F. Is the F priced lower than I would expect due to due to sometime beside carat weight that I should be concerned with or does this seem typical? A good deal? Probably (not) worth it? I don't see many differences in the diamonds but I'm no expert! I'm so excited! :love: Just having trouble picking... recommendations?

JaymeC

Rough_Rock
For that marginal price difference I would go with the F. Also have you considered putting those stones on hold for you? Often a great stone will get swiped by someone else after they are put up on here. It would be a shame to loose either stone if you have your heart set on either. Good luck!

NervousBuyer

Rough_Rock
Funny, the rep. I am speaking with's name is Jamie C. ;-)

I'm thinking I'm going to go ahead with the F. I've been looking at them for a while and have no reason to delay anymore.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think either one is a great choice. If the F is eye-clean to your standards then go for it! and please post pictures of the ring once you get it :)

NervousBuyer

Rough_Rock
Absolutely! I'm giddy with excitement haha. :appl: :love:

Is it standard practice on PS to post pictures in the same tread (here) where it was discussed or in the Show Me The Bling area?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
NervousBuyer|1314811183|3006499 said:
Absolutely! I'm giddy with excitement haha. :appl: :love:

Is it standard practice on PS to post pictures in the same tread (here) where it was discussed or in the Show Me The Bling area?

either one is fine but typically show me the bling is for pictures. just start a new thread when you get the ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results