shape
carat
color
clarity

Worth keeping this Paraiba?

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's green with hints of blue. 6x4. Got it for $150. Not Windex neon but cute. Worth keeping? I am thinking it could be a cute pendant in brushed yellow gold...looks more glowy in the pics compared to real life.

img_20160322_080606.jpg

img_20160322_080427.jpg

img_20160322_080619.jpg

img_20160322_080307.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you love it? Colour, size, clarity and all? $150 is a very reasonable price for what is pictured.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you think you will wear and enjoy it as a pendant then yes it is worth the purchase. But not if it will sit unset and unworn. I know you know that but just verbalizing it. Meaning even if the price is good if you will not enjoy and wear it don't keep it. If you love it and will enjoy it then keep it. I think it would make a beautiful pendant necklace in brushed yellow gold.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No, I don't love it...but I agree the price is reasonable. I just wonder if I would love it more once it is set... I just hope it won't just sit in my collection...

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
missy|1458649746|4009304 said:
If you think you will wear and enjoy it as a pendant then yes it is worth the purchase. But not if it will sit unset and unworn. I know you know that but just verbalizing it. Meaning even if the price is good if you will not enjoy and wear it don't keep it. If you love it and will enjoy it then keep it. I think it would make a beautiful pendant necklace in brushed yellow gold.
Ha! Missy u posted your comment just as I was posting mine...you pretty much said what I was thinking!

S

SparkliesLuver

My two cents: if you're debating if it's worth keeping, I'd send it back because you're already unsure. If you loved it, you'd already know. :) I'm sure what you're looking for is out there!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it were me, the answer would likely be no. I wouldn't keep it (though considering I have boxes of stones...hmmm....lol)

But seriously if you want wow, send it back, save your pennies for wow. This isn't wow. This is having a paraiba for the sake of having one.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have found over the years of collecting that there are very few times when a good price makes up for what I'm looking for. That is, I'll see something that is less than ideal that is pretty but I don't love, and then when I'm told the price, I feel like I should get it because its a "good deal." Does the price change anything about the stone? No. Do I grow to love it knowing it was a relative bargain? No. Instead it sits around ignored in the gem tray.

Now that's me. Maybe it is different for you... :praise:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1458662058|4009420 said:
I have found over the years of collecting that there are very few times when a good price makes up for what I'm looking for. That is, I'll see something that is less than ideal that is pretty but I don't love, and then when I'm told the price, I feel like I should get it because its a "good deal." Does the price change anything about the stone? No. Do I grow to love it knowing it was a relative bargain? No. Instead it sits around ignored in the gem tray.

Now that's me. Maybe it is different for you... :praise:

This is so accurate for me! The same thing has happened to me multiple times, and I hate knowing I have gems that will just sit around and never be set. So to the OP: since you are debating already, I think you likely dont love it but are hoping to love it more once you get it set--which isn't likely. Especially since if you dont LOVE it, you might never get around to setting it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for "it's not a deal unless you love it". Don't buy it just because the price is good. You have to love it too, otherwise it will sit in your jewellery box unworn.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really really love it. I love this colour. It looks like a top quality green tourmaline. I'd keep it for the colour and price and continue my search for the perfect paraiba. It's not like you actually paid the premium glowing blue paraiba price for this gem; it's definetly worth what you paid (I think more). So I would keep it for what it is.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
I like the color in the picture, and would totally keep it for $150 as I don't think it's in anyway holding me back from persuing the dream paraiba. That said the deal breaker to me is it's under 1ct (I guess) I'd keep a brazilian neon paraiba under 1ct but not a nice bluish green tourmaline. That's just me.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty colour but since you do not seem to love it...
It would be a pity if it just stays in your jewelry box unworn.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results