shape
carat
color
clarity

Worth it for a gaudy piece?

The style seems like something that would be easy to replicate with a higher quality stone. It doesn’t seem particularly unusual unless I missed something - it’s just a halo on a pave band, isn’t it? Though I’m unsure how much it would cost to make it custom.

DreamingOfDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
The style seems like something that would be easy to replicate with a higher quality stone. It doesn’t seem particularly unusual unless I missed something - it’s just a halo on a pave band, isn’t it? Though I’m unsure how much it would cost to make it custom.

I spoke with one company to replicate it however I read copyright was an issue

I spoke with one company to replicate it however I read copyright was an issue

I don’t see how this design is something that could be copyrighted. Unless I’m missing something, it’s just a halo ring on a pave band - every jeweler/vendor will provide a version of this! I didn’t see any Vera Wang branding etc on the outside of the ring. I think getting a ring inspired by this would be totally fine if that’s what you decide.

You could do a minor tweak to the basket or something if you want to make it more distinct. Like if you really want to lean into the “love” part of the name, maybe hearts in the basket or heart shaped prongs?

Like this is a lot more “extreme” than what I was thinking but just for ideas:
3D9641DD-5E96-4664-9F30-76707278A0D8.jpeg
That being said if this just scratches the itch for you and you can afford it, go for it. We love what we love.

From a price POV:

Centre stone is 0.7ct H VS2 VG-VG-Ex comps are around 2.2-2.4k
Melee according to the listing is:
10x 0.05ct = 0.5ct / approx $280 total
16x 0.015ct = 0.24ct / approx $130 total
Gold 14kt ring weighs 4g according to the listing - subtracting diamond weight it comes to 3.7g of 14kt gold which is about $120 worth.

So the value of the ring comes out to ~2.7-2.95k before you take into account labour costs. That makes me feel like you can’t really recreate this at cheaper cost.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t see how this design is something that could be copyrighted. Unless I’m missing something, it’s just a halo ring on a pave band - every jeweler/vendor will provide a version of this! I didn’t see any Vera Wang branding etc on the outside of the ring. I think getting a ring inspired by this would be totally fine if that’s what you decide.

You could do a minor tweak to the basket or something if you want to make it more distinct. Like if you really want to lean into the “love” part of the name, maybe hearts in the basket or heart shaped prongs?

That being said if this just scratches the itch for you and you can afford it, go for it. We love what we love.

From a price POV:

Gold 14kt ring weighs 4g according to the listing - subtracting diamond weight it comes to 3.7g of 14kt gold which is about $120 worth.

So the value of the ring comes out to ~2.7-2.95k before you take into account labour costs. That makes me feel like you can’t really recreate this at cheaper cost.

Well said at: if you can afford it, get it! We love what we love :)

DreamingOfDiamonds

Shiny_Rock

From a price POV:

Meaning this is the cheapest it will get for me?

Meaning this is the cheapest it will get for me?

I looked at retail comps (BN for the centre stone, K Rosengart for melee), but that’s what it seems like, yeah. You could run it by a vendor you’d like to work with to get a ballpark estimate.

If you want the name brand, and you can afford it, and you like it, you should just buy it. It’s about what you like!

DreamingOfDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I looked at retail comps (BN for the centre stone, K Rosengart for melee), but that’s what it seems like, yeah. You could run it by a vendor you’d like to work with to get a ballpark estimate.

If you want the name brand, and you can afford it, and you like it, you should just buy it. It’s about what you like!

The seller won't budge on an offer less than what they are selling for...:/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results