shape
carat
color
clarity

Worried about first lab diamond purchase

sunshine7

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I'm a total newbie here and to the lab diamond world. I found this diamond and without much experience in diamonds we thought it was a great buy for my engagement ring at only $1800, especially given its size. I ran it through the HCA tool and I did research on angles, etc. and with my limited info and knowledge I purchased it. Now after reading through this forum I'm panicking and worried I made a huge mistake. I truly don't need my diamond to be perfect...just looking for a large, white, sparkly eye clean diamond. But after reading about CVD and the cons (striations, appearing brown), and comparing mine with those that are recommended here, I am not so sure about my purchase anymore.

Can someone please tell me if what I bought will be ok for what I'm looking for? Does it look brown? I truly appreciate it!

Attachments

• LG594358401.pdf
    428.6 KB · Views: 30

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You did good.
It has some minor striations but nothing eye visible.
The dark inclusion should be eye clean face up unless one has eagle eyes.
Check the return policy for any stone you buy just in case.

sunshine7

Rough_Rock
You did good.
It has some minor striations but nothing eye visible.
The dark inclusion should be eye clean face up unless one has eagle eyes.
Check the return policy for any stone you buy just in case.

Thanks so much! This makes me feel so much better. I did notice the inclusion but my last mined diamond was an SI1 with quite a few inclusions and they were imperceptible so I’m sure I’ll have no issues with this one. I’ll post a picture of it in its setting once I get it for those who may be interested in seeing it!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
My thinking too. Wow those labs are falling, falling...

Due to market silliness CVD+HTHP stones are deeply discounted.
In my opinion good crystal is good crystal so the result was a nice discount on a rocking stone. Win!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Due to market silliness CVD+HTHP stones are deeply discounted.
In my opinion good crystal is good crystal so the result was a nice discount on a rocking stone. Win!

Yes wasn't meaning to sound negative. I just purchased my first LGDs a week ago. I'm just really wowed by the changing prices.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes wasn't meaning to sound negative. I just purchased my first LGDs a week ago. I'm just really wowed by the changing prices.

I didn't think you were negative.
The price made me go hmmmm when I first saw it also.
Then the report explained it.
Then I looked at the images and it was good crystal.
Win!

sunshine7

Rough_Rock
As promised, here are pics! Hopefully it still lives up to the good feedback I received here based on the specs. I had it set in a platinum 6-prong setting. image000006.jpeg image000004.jpeg image000000.jpeg I’m terrible at getting good photos, but it’s oh so sparkly in real life

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Look at those arrows!!! Congratulations!!! What a perfect size for your finger! Wishing you many happy years!

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
Home run on the first hit!!! Gorgeous :kiss2:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful on you, and what a deal!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results