shape
carat
color
clarity

worlds ugliest dia.contest

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gemsource

Rough_Rock
i am searching for the ugliest diamond i can find.
i will even buy it. maximum value is $20
diamond must be of the quallity of a good drill bit.
i want the ugliest the nastiest diamond in the world.
im gonna make a really cool magnifying paper weight out of it.tommoros diamond ill post is gonna make you loose your apetite
Up_to_something.gif
Up_to_something.gif
Up_to_something.gif
Up_to_something.gif
Up_to_something.gif
Up_to_something.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
Up_to_something.gif
Up_to_something.gif
Up_to_something.gif
wavey.gif

included ind i3.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Ah ah ah! You have to be kidding... That diamond is gorgeus! Look at this one!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

-------------
This is part of the text of the auction:

THAT IS BIG ROUND WHICH WILL HIGHLITE ANY FINGER WHERE IT IS WORN.THE DIAMOND SHAPE IS BEAUTIFUL ROUND SHAPE.....JUST THE RIGHT CURVE FOR THAT SPECIAL ELEGANCE.............IT IS SET IN A UNIQUE FASHION WHERE THE WHOLE OF DIAMOND IS EXPOSED TO THE LIGHT RADIATING FIRE ALL AROUND.THE DIAMOND OBSERVES LIGHT MILKYNESS ALL THROUGHT INSIDE WITH BLACK SPOTS THAT IS WHY IT IS GRADED AS I3.
-----------------------------
Without any doubt it's an I3... I don't know if the 70% +++ table makes it a beautiful round shape...
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

-------------------
NEIGHBOURS ENVY........OWNERS PRIDE...GRAB THIS OPPORTUNITY TO BUY THIS OUT AT VERY PRICE....
-------------------
Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
Neighbours envy!!!!!!! That's a good one!!!!!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

------------------------
Gold wt is 3.400 gms and ring size is 61/2.

THE RING WILL COME WITH OUR GRADING CERTIFICATE AND GURANTEE CERTIFICATE BEAUTIFULLY PACKED IN FINE SOLID GIFT BOX.

THE RING IS SET IN A MANNER WHICH WILL HIGHLITE THE DIAMOND AND ITS BRILLIANCE VERY MUCH BY EXPERT CRAFTSMAN BY HAND TO BRING OUT THE BEST FIRE IN THE DIAMOND.EACH PIECE HANDCRAFTED WITH UTMOST CARE TO TAKE CARE OF EACH FACET OF THE DIAMOND UNLIKE OTHER JEWELLERS WHO SET THEM IN READY MADE GOLD CASTS.WE DO HANDMADE JEWLLERY TO MAKE THE BEST OF DIAMOND.

EACH DIAMOND IS UNIQUE PIECE OF FIRE CREATED BY NATURE.HENCE THEY NEED TO BE SET BY HAND IN ITS OWN UNIQUE FASHION TO ENSURE THE HIGHEST VISIBILITY FOR ITS FIRE AND BRILLIANCE TO COME OUT PROPERLY.
------------------------
VERY HIGH craftmanship... Don't you agree with me?? All prongs are different!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif
6.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Giangi

1043775014365_4447_2.74CT_ACC_3728.jpg.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
SUPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have the profile view of this beauty!!!!!!!!
LOOK at that beautiful VERY THICK girdle!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

1043775054869_4446_2.jpg

gemsource

Rough_Rock
OH BOY THAT IS A BEAUTY.I LIKE THE SALT AND PEPPER EFFECT
WHAT A WASTE OF A PERFECTLY GOOD MOUNTING.THATS A $10 STONE
errrr.gif
errrr.gif
errrr.gif
errrr.gif
errrr.gif
errrr.gif
errrr.gif
errrr.gif
errrr.gif
errrr.gif
errrr.gif
errrr.gif
errrr.gif
errrr.gif
errrr.gif
errrr.gif
errrr.gif
errrr.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
wavey.gif
wavey.gif
wavey.gif
errrr.gif
errrr.gif
sick.gif
lickout.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
tongue.gif
Up_to_something.gif

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
OY-
I'm trying to find some kind of a rhyme
For these diamonds all yucky and gray
They resemble something my dog produced
When we went for a walk today

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

andrea

Shiny_Rock
Seriously, why do people even bother cutting these types of stones??? Let alone mounting them in anything other than a beer tab.
14.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
Seriously, why do people even bother cutting these types of stones???
----------------

As someone mentioned in another thread, these may be "practice" stones cut by junior cutters to hone their skills. The cutting on this one looks competent, at least, so I suspect the owner decided to try his chances selling it. Some cheapskate will probably buy it and give it to a girl who doesn't know any better.
naughty.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any girl who didn't know any better shouldn't be allowed to wear diamonds!
2.gif

I have to say..those are BAD. I love the dark gray stone..ooh a beauty.

If these stones are really used as practice, that's depressing for the cutters as I would be jazzed to have the opportunity to cut this icky gray octahedron stone into a beauty but LOOK..after its cut, even if the cut is stellar, its still hideous!!!
sad.gif
Not exactly something you want to show off.

I like the paperweight idea!!!

I'm also surprised that there is not a clarity grade worse than I3. It could be argued that after a while no one cares what I grade it is as it just looks horrible....but to have these stones classified as I3s when I have seen much cleaner I3's is ridiculous!! I25 anyone?
2.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
I'm also surprised that there is not a clarity grade worse than I3. It could be argued that after a while no one cares what I grade it is as it just looks horrible....but to have these stones classified as I3s when I have seen much cleaner I3's is ridiculous!! I25 anyone?
----------------
It's because there really wouldn't be any point. Beyond a "high" I3, the diamonds are just not suitable for jewelry use, despite the piece above. The definition of I3 is severe inclusions having a severe effect on beauty and durability. I3 is the "trash bin," or the point of no return, beyond which the clarity no longer really matters because no one is going to want them in jewelry, except maybe as some kind of unusual mineral specimen.

I've thought of collecting some interesting I3's like that one, but I don't think I'd pay more than $100 for it.
rolleyes.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well there is a sucker born every minute. As evidenced by the lovely gold ring that Giangi posted, the seller thinks that someone else will buy that ring. Maybe even wear it. Proudly. Scarily.

While I agree that yes in a perfect world, I3 means the point of no return, I bet that there are I3's sold all the time to people out there who don't know any better as earlier suggested. Seems as though classifying these babies as a deeper shade of I or 'RFI' (see if you can guess what THAT means!
6.gif
) would be a smarter method of buyer-beware.

rbjd

Shiny_Rock
And you could have one of these beauties inscribed "IDEAL HEARTS AND ARROWS" and GIA would be happy to list the inscription on a grading report for you.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Mara, actually EGL uses 'rjc' which means rejection grade... It's not usual as not many very low grades stones are certified, but it exists...

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
And you could have one of these beauties inscribed "IDEAL HEARTS AND ARROWS" and GIA would be happy to list the inscription on a grading report for you.
----------------

I wonder what the labs would do if people started inscribing things like "D-Flawless" on K-SI3 stones. I'm frankly surprised no one has tried it yet.
11.gif

kt

Shiny_Rock
HOw about this one?
Ok, it's a bit of a cheat b/c I think Pyramid in another posting listed this from an ebay site. It's lists for $3,150, so it may be out of Phillip's price range. Maybe you could negotiate.
tongue.gif

yuckyring.jpg

andrea

Shiny_Rock
That last ring isn't a total loss. It has a small "sparkle" at the top
9.gif

I'm actually embarrased for the people who sell these types of diamonds. Because it's apparent that they haven't any sense to be.
tongue.gif

There is one vendor on ebay that has a ton of this crap.
If my memory serves me correct, it's something like "Treasure Point"
confused.gif
confused.gif

Honestly, these stones wouldn't even look good in the bottom of my fish tank
rolleyes.gif

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Many new cutters practice on these type of stones so the if they damage it ,the loss is minimal if any.
But what get me is Why do people mount it into rings, do they actually sell it
confused.gif
,or should ask if anybody buys them???

gemsource

Rough_Rock
yes diamondsman people buy them.have you visited the k mart jewelry section?see what a hundred bucks get you?
either a si chip set in a solitare or a big snazzy
30 point piece of faceted marble.dont some of these milk white ones look like marble? on the mohs scale how hard is marble maybe ill fire up the ol facetron and market some to k mart or goodwill.i bet the lucky gal has a nice wedding catered by burgerking.i think if i was her id rather have a cz.atleast it has brilliance.id rather drive a new honda than a wore out caddilac.my theory
wavey.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
rbcdi2.jpg

We picked this DOG up at a trade show from a close-out vendor who had it tagged for $1,699.00 for retail sale... The surprising thing is that it actually faces up white and looks pretty decent under diamond lights when viewed from a few feet away. A few years ago, we loaned it to one of our clients so that he could propose to his fiance with "the diamond of her dreams" just to throw her off a bit... Needless to say she was "stunned" - actually speechless for several (very long) minutes... And when she finally regained her composure he said that she kept stuttering "Um, uh, um, uh" with a look of total confusion on her face
9.gif

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

Good thread! I couldn't find it in my heart to classify any of these as I-3's. Ever hear of the term Bort? I would have no problem using it on an appraisal for any of these stones. Cindy
appl.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
No one has other beauties to share???

Look at this cutie!!!!!!!
A nice EYE CLEAN I 1 with WHITE FACING L-M color (looks almost fancy pink, doesn't it
9.gif
2.gif
)! Nice 70%++ table!

The auction says:
'JUST THE RIGHT GIFT FOR HER......'
Yes, if you want her to leave you!!!!!!

1043867029379_4477_1.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Here we have a NICE I 1... Looks almost SI 3, doesn't it??!
2.gif
9.gif
This one is H color and 1,83cts

1047667040682_5318_1.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL... Read the description of this beauty!!!!!! Clean I 2 clarity! Full of fire!

''BRILLIANT SOLITAIRE DIAMOND RING (1.18 TCW)

JUST THE RIGHT GIFT FOR HER......

*******THIS IS A NO RESERVE AUCTION STARTING AT ONLY $ 1 FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL DIAMOND RING....YOU SET THE PRICE FOR THIS RING AND THE HIGHEST BIDDER WINS THE RING..AN AMAZING VALUE FOR MONEY COMING TO U DIRECTLY FROM THE MANUFACTURING FACTORY OF SURAT DIAMOND JEWELLERY

An Exquisite Solitaire Diamond Ring with a Elegant statement of style yet affordable coming from Surat Diamond Jewellery ltd. A leading Jeweller from India. A manufacturer of Diamonds and Diamond Jewellery.

TOTAL DIAMOND WT OF THE RING=1.18CT

CENTRE Diamond wt. Is 1.06 cts BRILLIANT WHITE I COLOUR DIAMOND with I2 PURITY Diamond .IT IS SURROUNDED BY VERY FINE WHITE ( H COLOUR=SI3 CLARITY ) BAGUETTE DIAMONDS HAVING TOTAL WT OF 0.12 CTS TO GIVE MORE STYLE TO THE RING.TOTAL DIAMOND WT NOW IS 1.18 CT.

THE DESIGN OF THE RING IS EXQUISITE.LOOKS REAL ARISTOCRATIC ON THE HAND..EACH FACET FINE POLISHED AND GLOSSY IT WILL SHINES OUT VERY BOLD IN HAND AND SHE WILL BE A PROUD OWNER OF THIS RING...

Full of Lustre and Brilliance and sparkle set in a Gold Rim and fine design band of 18 kt. Gold .THE DIAMOND IS VERY BRILLIANT ....VERY SHINY AND EXTREMELY GOOD LOOKING.WITH FULL OF FIRE AND LUSTRE IN IT.shown on these webpages is the actual photograph of the diamond ring for your clarity.

Gold wt is 2.90 gms and ring size is 61/2.

GOLD PURITY IS SOLID 18 KT.

THE RING IS SET IN A MANNER WHICH WILL HIGHLITE THE DIAMOND AND ITS BRILLIANCE VERY MUCH BY EXPERT CRAFTSMAN BY HAND TO BRING OUT THE BEST FIRE IN THE DIAMOND.THE WHOLE ARRANGEMENT OF BAGUETTES IS TO CREAT A BALL OF FIRE ON THE RING..SO EXQUISITE...SO ELEGANT....ON YOUR FINGER..........''

1045329741895_4735_1.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is one that I found a while ago. I think it was an I3...but I can't recall where I got it.

1.41included.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It's one of suratdiamonds' beauties too!!!!! VERY GOOD looking diamond! I bet it's a ball of fire!
2.gif
1.gif

pcheng

Rough_Rock
I need to have my girlfriend look at this post just so that she will be even more impressed with the diamond I give her.
1.gif

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
I love the setting! Very aristocratic...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results