shape
carat
color
clarity

WORLDS largest faceted Sillimanite Gemstones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aqccorp

Rough_Rock
Hi Friends,
I just wanted to share a very rare collection I have with all lovers of the exotic. The picture below is only a sample picture of the largest sillimanite gems that I have collected over the years.

My Sillimanite Collection contains over 1,000 carats of faceted gems, with three being the largest known in the World i.e. 37.00ct, 37.70ct, and 48.30ct. The collection also contains over 2,000 carats of cats eye gems(fibrolite sillimanite), the largest being 41ct. The collection also contains three Star fibrolite-sillimanite gems; i.e. 1.44ct, 3.77ct, and 29.47ct.

(From Encyclopedia of Gemstones)
Sillimanite-
"Faceted gems when they can be found are usually very small, around one carat in size, and quite rare. Cat''s-eye gems can be found up to five carats. However, larger gems are known to exist only in private collections. For example: The Smithsonian Institute has a faceted 22ct Sillimanite and a 5.90ct cat''s-eye. The British Museum has a 35ct cat''s-eye and the Geology Museum of London has a 17ct cat''s-eye....hope you enjoyed the view...mac

sillimanite2.jpg

aqccorp

Rough_Rock
Hi there,
Here is a couple views of the small star sillimanite even though is not a very good picture....mac

sillimanitestar.jpg

Gemstudded

Rough_Rock
Very nice collection you have there. Sillimanite is very a under collected gem in my opinion. I have some largish chatoyant rough myself which I will be cutting at some point and also have a couple of nice finished stones about 1ct+ each. Prices have dwindled a lot over time which I feel is a shame because it is a very nice gem. Nice to see your pics
1.gif

Bhasi

Rough_Rock
Hi:
A friend of mine has a very large Cat's eye stone, it is Bluish black in colour, weighs 854 carats and has three silver lines.
It was tested and found to be Cat's eye.
I can send pictures to interested buyers.
Kindly contact me at - [email protected]
Best regards,
Bhasi.
1.gif

aqccorp

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to do a follow-up for those reading about my sillimanite collection (also known as fibrolite). The Smithsonian will be taking 13 of my largest Sillimanite gemstones into America's Collection for all to enjoy. I really enjoyed having them as my own, but I find a greater joy being able to share them with EVERYONE.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results