shape
carat
color
clarity

Working with DK on Sapphire & Diamond band

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I've posted on the CS forum about sourcing 4x2 marquise sapphires.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/where-can-i-get-4mmx2mm-marquise-sapphires.206262/#post-3763788#p3763788']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/where-can-i-get-4mmx2mm-marquise-sapphires.206262/#post-3763788#p3763788[/URL]

I've moved the discussion here because the band is in process. I've seen sapphires from AfricaGems and the ones that DK originally sourced. Marc's were wonderful and he was a breeze to work with but my budget would not allow purchasing them :(( .
After seeing the casting and with the input of EvangelineG, I've decided to go with a palladium alloy and 14wg. DK said he would look for sapphires that were a little bit larger than 4x2 and closer to the color of Marc's. I asked that when he looks to try to make sure that once they are set the color is close. Here are photos of Kismet's inspiration band, Marc's sapphires and the casting with the 2 plat bands DK made me. I also have a photo of the sapphires DK sent too.
The band is going to be 2mm high so it sits well with both my 18yg and plat bands and around 3mm wide, the diamonds 2.5mm. I want the bezels to be thin and the flow to be rounded around the stones. I went back and forth and decided on a simple milgrain.

casting_with_0.jpg

4x2_royal_blue_sapphires_resized.jpg

bez_diam_0.jpg

dk_sapphires_resized_opt.jpg

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
I searched for photos of bands with marquises sapphires and round diamonds. I found all sorts with rounds in marquise shapes and most of them the color was reversed. I don't remember where I found this one.

_23032.jpg

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
DK is working on my revisions. Like EvangelineG's ring he is going to use palladium with 14k.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results