shape
carat
color
clarity

Woop Woop Woop!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Another #4 is off the list :bigsmile: must be a lucky number, i was so sure id exit at #5...fingers crossed 4 is lucky for Miss Kitty :wavey:

So i guess you guys want a proposal story? :cheeky:

Well this friday just gone SO and i went out to dinner, nothing unusual there...at dinner he gave me a small box with a bunch of different pieces of paper in it and told me to work out the puzzle. The puzzle was our flight details to New York the next morning :o i had no idea it was such an amazing surprise!

On arrival in New York a town car picked us up at the airport, and instead of staying with some family he has there took us to a hotel on Central Park South - our suite had views across the entire park, it was amazing :love: We went to dinner at an amazing restaurant and then to Top of the Rock to take in the views...but no proposal!

The next day we had brunch with his family and then went shopping (poor SO, he was being such a sport!) and the darling man was determined i should get a pair of christian louboutins that id had my eye on - alas that didnt work out, nowhere had my size and now im annoyed i didnt get a different pair...but onto better things...

And that evening we had another amazing night out...but no proposal :rolleyes:

The next day we spent the morning in Central Park (poor SO again, there were workers protesting at the Boathouse so his plan for a romantic row boat proposal didnt come off!!) and then went to the statue of liberty...and that night on our way out for drinks we took a turn through central park and he sat me down on a park bench by the bridge, looking across the pond to the lit-up plaza....and got down on one knee...and proposed :love: :love: it was sooooo romantic and amazing :love: :love: we went for celebratory drinks with a cousin of his and then had an amazing, romantic dinner, champagne, new york cheesecake etc :lickout: afterwards we went to the Empire State Building and it was a perfect night (and not busy!) and then went back to the hotel to celebrate some more :bigsmile:

We had another half day and got home very late last night! it feels so surreal now, like it was just a dream..fortunately i have a honkin' big rock on my finger so i know it was real :naughty:

And now specs!

1.78ct EC
D VS2

More deets and pics will come in SMTB, but for now here's a teaser pic:

P1020201.JPG

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a great weekend. Congratulations!! Can't wait to see close-ups of your new beauty!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! #4 appears to be on a hot streak!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
congratulations!!!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! Beautiful story! Sounds like from a movie.

I'm so happy for you and was expecting a proposal soon! Congrats!!!

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations :appl: Another one from the top 10 bites the dust!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow- amaIng weekend and proposal, and stunning ring!!!! Congrats :appl:

vanilla87

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations black paw :) ur ring and proposal are beautiful!!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS BLACKPAW! :appl: :appl: :appl:

It sounds like you had an absolutely amazing trip and the proposal just makes it so much better! The ring is gorgeous! I love ECs set in that style. Can't wait to see more pics of it :love:

titian23

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! :love: :love:

Oh gosh, can't believe I'm at #8 now when just a little while ago I was #10. Best not to tell bf about this new movement! lol

OrchidVee

Rough_Rock
Amazing story!!! Congrats! I can't wait to see more pictures!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Blackpaw! Your ring is beautiful and I love the pic of NY. Can't wait to see more pics!

sjm

Rough_Rock
Congrats!!!!!!! That is a wonderful story!!!! The ring looks amazing - especially with that awesome backdrop!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
What a wildly romantic proposal!!! Sounds like it was absolutely worth waiting for!!! Lucky #4!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
FANTASTIC!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Yaaayyyyy!!! HUGE congratulations to you Black Paw! From what I can see the ring is gorgeous and that's such a beautiful story :D

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATULATIONS! How AMAZING to have a surprise trip to NYC too! What a proposal! He's really set the "surprise" standards for the rest of your marriage :naughty: ;))

The ring looks beautiful! I LOVE emerald cuts! :love:

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone :wavey: im super happy and excited! though i do wish we were back in NY living it up again :bigsmile:

Ok so my aim is tonight for a SMTB thread, i just need to get decent pics, which is a lot tougher than i anticipated, and the weather here has been rubbish for bling shots...

VL, i like your theory on "surprise" standards, ill have to mention that to him :bigsmile:

thanks again everyone for the congrats, i really appreciate this board and its so nice to hear everyone chime in :love: cant wait for more LIW to be off the list...

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Super huge congrats, Blackpaw!!! Sounds like an incredible weekend and an absolutely lovely proposal. Looking forward to your SMTB thread - that ring looks gorgeous!

Zunibaba

Rough_Rock
Hey big congrats to you! Wish you all the best in your married life. Keep us posted!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Blackpaw! What a great proposal!

Cupcake28

Rough_Rock
Congrats, Blackpaw!!! This sounds like a total dream weekend! :)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!! What a great story!!! So, so happy for you!!! Now you better be posting pics of that ring, STAT!!!! ;))

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, blackpaw! Your ring is FABUL :love: US and so was your proposal! A big round of :appl: to your FI!

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations :appl:
Your ring is such a classic & timeless piece. All the best for you and your future husband!!!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Congrats - post more handshots!

diamondmama

Rough_Rock
Oh my goodness...I got goosebumps reading your proposal story. We're heading to New York at the end of November for my birthday.....and I'm sooo hoping/sure that's where he'll propose...exciting!! your ring is amazing...and that is a massive diamond...you lucky girl!! Big congratulations!!!! *~*~*~*~*~

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Freke! thank you :wavey: you know i think when i started lurking on Pricescope you were on the LIW list, and now you're engaged, married and in a delicate condition :bigsmile: but im catching up at last ;))

Centralsquare, thank you, ill add a couple more handshots to my SMTB thread tonight (it starts out 'Blackpaw's Emerald Cut...'), though its way more difficult than i thought to get nice handshots, my fingers keep looking stumpy :(sad

Diamondmama, thanks, and im keeping my fingers crossed for you for another NYC proposal :appl: you're right it would be the perfect time /place to do it, and i find the city so romantic :love:

Glitz, vc10um, and everyone thanks again :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results