shape
carat
color
clarity

woohooo my ring is back!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks sooooo much better!
36.gif
36.gif

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 11:00:39 PM
Author: goobear78
Looks great. What did Ritani say about this? Did you contact them? I'm just wondering how they could have missed this the first time around.

Congrats on your updated setting. It's lovely.
Ritani didn't say anything really... My jeweler said he can fix it himself since it would be faster and more cost efficient than sending the ring and diamond to the NYC. I don't really know what happened to begin with, to be honest. My fiance ordered the ring and got the diamond... Maybe he never specified that he wanted the diamond set lower? I know there is another girl on this site who also had her diamond set the exact same way... I think Ritani changed their design and maybe now they set the diamond higher in the prongs unless you specify lower... Who knows... guess for all those thinking about Ritani let them know you want the diamond set low...

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
It looks fantastic! Great job! Gorgeous ring!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it looks so much better now! What a lovely ring!

Spirit

Shiny_Rock
I agree the new way looks perfect!
Do you find the gallery interferes with your side views, or in person is the setting still very open?

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 11:16:27 AM
Author: Spirit
I agree the new way looks perfect!
Do you find the gallery interferes with your side views, or in person is the setting still very open?
Hi Spirit,

I am not 100% I fully understand what you mean. The gallery does cover the side view a bit compared to the front view (i.e. the prongs looks shorter and you see less diamond) but I don''t mind it at all. The gallery also lets more light into the diamond so it''s nice and bright... plus I wanted a lower setting and less prongs... But I agree if you want more diamond to show from the side you should stay away from galleries.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow - that made a huge difference. I love the way it looks now! I have been trying to decide for months whether or not to have my diamond set lower. It''s in a WF setting, but the diamond sits up very much like your before picture where you can almost see the entire stone. Did you find that lowering it made your diamond look bigger, smaller, or about the same? And by the way, I love your setting.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 11:46:10 PM
Author: deegee
Wow - that made a huge difference. I love the way it looks now! I have been trying to decide for months whether or not to have my diamond set lower. It's in a WF setting, but the diamond sits up very much like your before picture where you can almost see the entire stone. Did you find that lowering it made your diamond look bigger, smaller, or about the same? And by the way, I love your setting.
Thanks deegee

I love how the diamond looks lower... it might look a bit smaller from the sides (because you can see less of the diamond now) but face up (which is how most people see it anyway) it looks just as big and just as sparkly. It's a lot more comfortable on my hand now too... I just find it a lot more practical for everyday life... Plus my stone is a J and I wanted to hide more of the tinge of yellow you can only see from the side so it worked out perfectly :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks MUCH better now! Its lovely! Congratulations!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring looks much better, it is just beautiful
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Much better!!!

It''s great!!!

jess1981

Shiny_Rock
If it was me I would want just one single to wear with my ering, but I love the look of thin bands. I think it makes the diamond pop more.

You could always get another single band later, if you want two bands.

The single band would also look great stacked with other types of bands. You could put two singles on each side of a bev K or fay cullen antique looking stacking band.

Your ering is my favorite type of ering style.

BTW Paeony I see what your are saying about putting a wider band in front. I never thought about that, but I do like the way that looks.

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Looks SO much better! yay! congrats!!!!!

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Looks SO much better! yay! congrats!!!!!

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
hahaha u guys are so cute. i think this thread got re-activated on mistake! hehehehe

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Big difference, it looks great!

SandraPaneczko

Shiny_Rock
Wow that''s so pretty. I just looked sown at my .82 and it looks tiny now. thanks a lot.... ha ha just kidding

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
It looks gorgeous. I wouldn''t mind having that as a second e-ring!
30.gif

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Waaay better!!!!!!
36.gif

gicki55

Rough_Rock
I agree it looks great!

audball

Ideal_Rock
It''s much better now! PERFECT! Congrats on such a beauty!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
You must be relieved. Your ring is a beauty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results