shape
carat
color
clarity

Woohoo! New stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
My LOGR setting arrived today - and it is really nice! The pictures made it look ok, but I wasn''t convinced until I saw Lauren''s when she got hers - well, suffice to say the settings are way nicer in person than the eBay pics. I really really like it!

AND - the garnet I ordered from Dan Stair to fit in the setting arrived too! Yay! It is lovely - it''s more reddish than I thought from the pictures he sent me, which i love - it is so dark and rich, and looks great in the setting - I''m so excited!

here are pics!

LOGR Legacy-style setting, sized to 3.5, standard SI stones

Pretty Things II - 18.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Pretty Things II - 20.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Pretty Things II - 22.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Next to my pearl ring - 4

Pretty Things II - 23.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Dan Stair umbalite garnet, 1.98 ct, 7x7 square cushion

Pretty Things II - 12.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Cool star pattern I saw while photographing - Dan said he added 8 addition facets to the pavilion for extra sparkle

Pretty Things II - 13.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Sitting pretty in the setting
1.gif

Pretty Things II - 26.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Pretty Things II - 29.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Pretty Things II - 30.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Just for fun!

Pretty Things II - 33.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Last one!

Pretty Things II - 38.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
And finally, please excuse the horrible quality - I lost a lot in sizing it down. And also excuse my horrible chipped manicure!
3.gif

And thanks SanDiegoLady!

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Your garnet is gorgeous, that ring is going to be beautiful once it''s complete. I can''t wait to see the final pics!
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! I really like the setting, I hope to own one too one day. LOVE the garnet and the color of it. I can''t wait to see it set.

Linda

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so pretty! You and Lauren are LOGR twins!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, BEG - it''s PERFECT!!!!!!! I''m loving the stone, and I know from taking pics of mine yesterday, it''s next to impossile to get accurate pics of the colour of those garnets.

And, my goodness you have tiny fingers! Is your setting just the standard 7x7mm LOGR Legacy?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Girlie-girl and Linda! I think I''m going to make the trip to a jeweler tomorrow so I can see about setting it - I want to enjoy the loose stone but I can''t wait to see it set!

Cushioncutnut, we are! I didn''t realize my garnet was going to be as red (which is totally not a problem since I love it) but I hope Lauren doesn''t mind! Of course, Lauren, you know I love your garnet ring - I wish I had your collection! And yep, it''s the standard 7x7 mm - no modifications other than sizing. Great thing is I found out that my right and left ring fingers are the same size - must pass on info to BF....
2.gif
2.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 8:07:03 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Thanks Girlie-girl and Linda! I think I''m going to make the trip to a jeweler tomorrow so I can see about setting it - I want to enjoy the loose stone but I can''t wait to see it set!

Cushioncutnut, we are! I didn''t realize my garnet was going to be as red (which is totally not a problem since I love it) but I hope Lauren doesn''t mind! Of course, Lauren, you know I love your garnet ring - I wish I had your collection! And yep, it''s the standard 7x7 mm - no modifications other than sizing. Great thing is I found out that my right and left ring fingers are the same size - must pass on info to BF....
2.gif
2.gif
Oh, how exciting!

BEG, print out pics of Leon''s prongs to take with you if you want the pointy prongs. My jeweler has trouble doing super sharp prongs unless I specify it and bring in pics. Also, ask if they''ll polish out the inside of the basket. The more reflective surface under the stone couldn''t hurt!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone, and a beautiful setting to go with it. Thanks for the pics!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/10/2008 8:52:07 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Date: 10/10/2008 8:07:03 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

2.gif
2.gif
Oh, how exciting!

BEG, print out pics of Leon''s prongs to take with you if you want the pointy prongs. My jeweler has trouble doing super sharp prongs unless I specify it and bring in pics. Also, ask if they''ll polish out the inside of the basket. The more reflective surface under the stone couldn''t hurt!
Thanks for the tip.... I will ask my jeweler to do so!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous setting and stone. I can''t wait to see it finished.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doesn''t it look gorgeous? We are going to be triplets soon because I''m waiting for the Legacy type setting from LOGR for my cushion cut Umbalite too!

I love the star pattern you''ve managed to capture in your photo. Can you see that clearly when you move the gem around? It looks sensational. Can''t wait to see it set!

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Love the setting and the ring! I''ve never tried LOGR, but Dan Stair is just great!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW BEG - That''s going to be GORGEOUS! Congrats!
36.gif
Can''t wait to see the finished product!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I love it. I''ve been eyeing those LOGR settings and I''m glad to hear they are as beautiful in person. How much does your jeweler charge to set it?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
That''s gonna be BEAUTIFUL!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh B.E.G I''m so excited for you!!! That ring is going to look awesome on your teeny fingers!!!!
30.gif

Aaaaaaaahhhhhh I''m so keen to get my stone from Dan in the mail now! Yours is a divine colour B.E.G, I love it!!

clementine

Shiny_Rock
I''m so jealous! I can''t find anyone around me that will set a stone from someone else, much less set it in someone else''s setting!

Can''t wait to see it finished!

Clem

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone! So quick update: I dropped off my stone and setting at a local jeweler yesterday and they said it would be ready in about 7-10 days (yay!).

Lauren, thanks for the info! i took your advice and asked for the claw prongs, but unfortunately, they said it would take longer and cost more because they would have to switch out the entire set of prongs and replace them. I would''ve been fine with time and cost (within reason) but I figured there was way more room for something getting screwed up if I had them switch out the prongs - so no go for me
8.gif
I went back and looked at yours though, and it seems like your jeweler did a pretty good job though!

Thanks Tourmaline Lover and Marcy - I can''t wait too! The saleslady was really curious about the garnet when I told her it was an umbalite and not rhodolite
3.gif

LovingDiamonds, yay! I can''t wait to see your stone (and is your setting the same 7x7 with the milgrain?) Where did you get your garnet from? And I can see the star pattern but only when I''m looking at in in sunlight - I got lucky that that came out in the pics!

GladysKristen, you should try a LOGR setting! (nothing like peer pressure
2.gif
). I reallllly want to buy another one .... this time an oval split shank...

Thanks Geckodani! So what is new with you??

MMT thanks! My jeweler is charging $25 to set, plus another $25 to polish out the underside of the basket. I''ll have to see if they run into anything that requires additional charges (hope not) but so far, that seems like a great deal.

Thanks Kelli and DandiAndi! DandiAndi, which stone did you get?? I love Dan''s work - although right now, I''m in the process of getting a stone from Jeff cut - so excited!
30.gif

Aw Clem, Im so sorry you can''t find anyone! Are you in a big city? Is there a diamond district near you?

MMT

Ideal_Rock
It''s going to be gorgeous. Please post pictures when you get it back. I am so tempted by the LOGR''s but I guess I should find a jeweler first. $50 sounds like a great price.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results