shape
carat
color
clarity

Woobug finally done with project and now can move on

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am finally done with the diamond search to replace the large marquise in my set. After reviewing all of the marquise options I could afford and seeing the size difference and shapes weren''t going to make me happy........ I went out shopping and stubbled upon this beautiful RB 1.10ct. I was hesitant due to the size and shape change but in the end I am THRILLED. The stone is absoluteyly beautiful. It has such fire and brilliance. Here are the specs. The pictures don''t show the true brilliance. I love love love the RB shape now. Hubby has agreed that at 25 years (2008) I can get a 2.0 -2.5 RB. He too is thrilled with the shape.

GIA Certified

1.10 Ct
Round Brilliance Cut
6.65X6.70X3.95 mm
SI-1
I Color
Faint Flourescence

Table Percentage 62%
Depth Percentage 59.3%
Girdle Thickness Medium
Culet Medium
Polish Good
Symmetry Good

On the report I see only one small feather but haven''t found it with a loop..

The stone is completely eye clean and just beautiful. I finally look down and see no visable flaws. My new set always attracts so much attention because of the size of the marquise but I was very reluctant to shove it out for view because of the flaws. WOOO

It has been almost 1 year to the day that I began this crazy upgrade and finally I feel satisifed. I wondered if anyone else has been as goofy as me????

The main thing I learned through this LONG process is BIG ISN''T ALWAYS BEST...........The 4 C''s really do count!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Now to new projects :)

MVC-r7S.JPG

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
wooooo, Thank you all

MVCr3S.JPG

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
wooo

MVC-r4S.JPG

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I will try and get better diamond shots

MVC-r05S.JPG

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
:) I am so happy

MVC-0r6S.JPG

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I''m not seeing any of your pictures...?
33.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
can you see them
7.gif

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
WooBug you have done a great job on replacing your marquise. That RB looks great in that setting. Is that setting your old one?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Woo, good choice and I am glad you are happy!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats woooo!!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Good for you, Woo!
36.gif

I''m glad that you finally found a stone that you love.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all soooooooooooooo much!!! Patty how did you such a great picture of your ring. mine blurs if I get real close??

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Woohoo! It''s beautiful!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I used macro mode (the flower icon on the back of the camera) and no flash. I put the camera on the table and the ring on a white box with a white box behind it. Use books to get the camera/ring at the right height. That way you eliminate the shaking of the hands. I then pushed down until the little green box focused on the ring. If you don''t get a little green box, you are too close. (At least on my Canon.)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the round stone in your setting!

I am a little confused though - I thought you were considering the .76 marquise. Just out of curiosity, what changed your mind?

You made a really pretty choice though - congrats!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Woo, the reason for the change was I went to several jewlery stores and tried to find a marquise with a similar shape to see how I would like it. Once I saw how long and thin it was going to be I had to change my mind. I was shocked at how skinny is was and I have a really heavy set and the real thin stone looked really weak

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you found something you can be completely happy with!!!! Congrats!

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,
I can''t see the picture of your new stone I just like writing and saying Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Hhahahaha I am so glad you reconsidered that skinny Marquise as I was not a fan of that 2.5 ratio.
I am so glad you love your new round!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woo........It''s absolutely beautiful and I''m particularly glad to see your stone as mine could your stone''s sibling. Mine has very similar proportions. So, congratulations and may you wear this in happiness and in good health!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I must have caught it when the server was upgrading because I can''t see the pictures, either. I''m very excited for you and can''t wait until I can see the pictures!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh Woo, very nice!! I''m so glad you are happy!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you finally found something you''re happy with. congrats..

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
WOO WOO WOO!!! I''ll miss your fabulous marquise but the round is stunning. It gives it a whole new look!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woo are you REALLY going to move on???
25.gif
I am glad you finally found a new, perfect stone to go with your new, perfect setting.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Looks absolutely fabulous! Do you have any before and after for comparisons? Gorgeous choice!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stone! It looks perfect on your hand. More pics please!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, my hubby asked me the same question and I said WOOOOOOO YES I PROMISE :) That is until the 25th anniversary.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I love sparkles. Here is the set my hubby bought me a year ago. I loved the three rings but not the gold......wanted platinum. In a weak moment we bought it and put the huge marquise in it but the gold setting and the visable flaws in the stone drove me nuts. I hoped by creating the new platinum set using the diamonds from the yellow set that I would be happy but the large center stone drove me crazy. Because of the size I was constantly being stopped and my hand grabbed. Now I will stick it out and go WOOOO. I have sent the marquise to Wink for a possible recut into a pear. You will see that the flaws were really noticable on one end. from the side it was yucky too. One of those moments in a mall jewlery store where the largest stone looks great only to get it outside and go OH NO!!

1st set.

old121.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
The new platinum set...

MVC-4S.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
duplicate from the top :) I wish the pictures showed how clear and pretty it is

MVC-1r6S.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results