shape
carat
color
clarity

wonky registry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i check my registries regularly and today i notice some crazy things going on with our BB&B one.

1- two gifts randomly have been added???? like wax potpourri? WTF?
2- one gift that i had requested has been purchased over the amount i wanted. for instance i wanted only one of the item, but two have been purchased
3- one gift (storage container) for like $1 has been purchased. i know people do some weird things, but i would have thought they would have bought all 6 or so storage containers.
4- a few days ago a set of pots had been purchased. they are now available for purchase showing that they haven''t been bought.

so, i know 3 & 4 may have some explanations, but 1 & 2 are very confusing! and no FI hasn''t changed the registry.

i''m currently holding - and have been for 10 minutes - with BB&B to figure this out.
has this happened to anyone??

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t reply because I didn''t know the answer to your question but was just wondering if you got it resolved. It seems so weird that something like that would happen.

Marisa

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
This happened to me on my C&B registry. The gift giver picked out their own give for us but it got added to my registry (a "0" by wanted) so I am sure that is what happened. Just return what you don't want after the wedding. Maybe the person returned the pots.

ETA: I had a thread on this earlier and several people responded. I think I named it "magic registry" or something. Hope you get it cleared up.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
tacori, ah, yes- i do recall your mystery thread.

i just got off the phone with BB&B. they said that anyone can add to the list but not delete items. they said probably someone went into the store and bought the items for us and thus added them to our registry.

what''s funny to me is #2. the gift was a set of 2 pot holders- one of those was requested and we got 2 sets of 2 pot holders. so someone was standing there thinkinng, gee, she definitely needs more than these 2 potholders, that''s not going to be enough! and decided to buy us another set. 4 pot holders, eh?

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe they expect you to do a LOT of cooking... like four course meals or something... eek!
3.gif

Marisa

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ha! or maybe i''ll just be returning them... i mean, who''s to say i don''t already have some potholders? cause i do!

i also thought, maybe someone purchased a gift of our registry and also purchased wax potpourri (cross fingers) for themselves and told the sales clerk that it was all for my registry? and similarly, maybe they went to purchase our pot holders, thought they needed them too and the sales girl put both as being purchased for our registry?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have returned SO much to BB&B. I changed my mind on A LOT of stuff. Not sure if that is normal but that''s what happened to me.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
JCrow,

I don''t mean to sound unsympathetic because this sort of thing would make me slightly batty, but you really crack me up.

I don''t know what wax potpourri is, but I got this vision of stinky leg waxing strips.

Glad it''s sort of resolved...now go grow another set of hands so that you can use these gifts appropriately.

Jackie

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/22/2006 9:38:14 AM
Author: jas
JCrow,

I don''t mean to sound unsympathetic because this sort of thing would make me slightly batty, but you really crack me up.

I don''t know what wax potpourri is, but I got this vision of stinky leg waxing strips.

Glad it''s sort of resolved...now go grow another set of hands so that you can use these gifts appropriately.

Jackie
ROTHLMAO!!!
3.gif

Jcrow, I''d bet that you are right...Someone probably decided to buy something for themselves and it got added to yoiur registry. Or for the potholders, maybe they didn''t know how to read the registry sheet and didn''t realize they had already been purchased. Good news is, you can take them back!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
wax potpourri: linky, this what was added to my list. 3 of them were bought. funny thing is that i think you need some sort of container to put these wax tarts in in order to melt them. this container thingy wasn''t added to the list, only the wax tarts. so either someone thinks i own one of these wax melter''s or, they bought one for us elsewhere, or they bought these for themselves.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, when people buy things off of your registry and then buy some things that aren't on it in the same transaction, they will show up as "quantity requested 0, purchased 1." Also, things can show up that are not intended for you. So if I went to buy you some pot holders and thought, "gee these are nice, I want some", if I get them in the same transaction they will show up. Don't delete things that were bought for you that you didn't request like the potpourri because the registry showing them is your reciept if you want to return things. With my BB&B registry, I deleted some things that were bought for me that I didin't request because I thought it looked confusing. But the lady told me that is the proof of purchase.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I do this especially for showers - purchase an inexpensive storage container to put the gift in. So, maybe that''s the answer to the dollar mystery container.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
jcrow: if the person is buying items off your registry and while they are there also a few items for themselves, then everything will show up on your registry b/c it was one purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results