shape
carat
color
clarity

Wondering how big I can get

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
If I’m not super picky about inclusions, it seems like I can get pretty big! For only $1000!

Is this a really poorly cut stone? I saw a “fish eye” 3ct next to a ex/ex/ex 3ct and they both looked pretty good to me. Makes me wonder if for myself I would be happy with a big rock that is pretty good.

@DejaWiz do you have any thoughts? Should I buy the above stone?

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I’m also looking at this one:

I think it might be time to buy my amazing new 2ct diamond! Valentine’s Day is over…

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
I'm definitely not an expert, (trying to learn more) but something is really bothering me about the 2.50 stone. I would like to hear what Kim and DeJa Wiz have to say.

Last edited:

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I'm definitely not an expert, (trying to learn more) but something is really bothering me about the 2.50 stone. I would like to hear what Kim and DJ Wiz have to say.

I’m almost certain there’s a reason it’s cheaper. Something must be wrong with it!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would pass on these stones. I recommend looking at stones with close to these parameters.

depth 60-62.4%
table 54-58%
crown angle 34-35 degrees (can go up to 35.5 if paired with 40.6 pavilion)
pavilion angle 40.6-40.9 degrees

Generally, a shallower crown angle will pair better with a steeper pavilion angle and vice versa.

HGar

Shiny_Rock

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you think of these?

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
What do you think of these?

I love them! At this point do I pretty much choose based upon size and price?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to thank you again for this. I have deliberated because I keep going up in size! I am now looking for an 8.7-8.75mm diamond. G VS2. Within the parameters you suggested :)

Then I put it through the HCA? Then I buy? Any other tips I’m missing?

Also check for obvious striations, an undesirable tint, or asymmetry in the cut. Or, just choose from one of these. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results