shape
carat
color
clarity

Wonderful experience with Wink/CBI and Brilliantly Engaged

jenniann

Shiny_Rock
Back in January I started speaking to Wink about upgrading my 1.02ct CBI (Crafted by Infinity) diamond. I'd originally purchased it while living in the UK through a different CBI dealer but as I now about as far away from the UK as it's possible to get (New Zealand) and I anticipated having the setting made in the US, it made sense to look for a US dealer and there was only one person that came to mind - the amazing Wink of High Performance Diamonds.

After quite a few videos and lots of emails, I settled on a 1.29 G SI1. I was very tempted by the 1.58ct G SI2 they have listed but Wink was very honest about the visibility of the inclusion and I decided it wasn't worth the risk. As I didn't buy through him, Wink worked with me to come up with an extremely fair offer for the stone I'd purchased through the other dealer in London and there was only a very slight price difference. Wink was a delight to work with - always kind, courteous and completely honest. He was accommodating and patient when it came to helping me get everything straight for customs. He is hugely knowledgeable and committed to making sure you get a product that exceeds your expectations.

I then had to decide on a setting. I knew I wanted a simple but well executed 6 prong was tempted to go with the Vatche U113 as Wink stocks Vatche and offers 15% off any setting purchased with one of his diamonds. However, at heart I really wanted a hand forged setting and also wanted a change from a knife edge shank so I got in touch with Victor Canera, Steven Kirsch and Brilliantly Engaged (formerly ERD).

Victor was unfortunately a non-starter. As much as I adore his work, my insurance company won;t cover any items when outside the country and Victor's policy won;t cover stones not bought through him. We did briefly explore the option of him making a setting (the Gabriella) and sending it to me to be set locally but I was not keen on anyone except him setting the stone/ finishing the prongs.

I then spoke to Chris at BE as I'd been extremely impressed with some of the hand forged work coming off his bench. We exchanged a *lot* of emails - about this and a couple of other possible projects - and I felt that Chris just got what I was after. His quote was also extremely reasonable for a hand forged piece (it wasn't much more than the Vatche would have been at full price).

Finally I spoke with Steven Kirsch. I love Steven to bits and have worked with him before so this was safe territory. His work is impeccable but his quote was also a third higher than BE and since there will be an upgrade to this stone at some point, and the NZD has tanked a bit in recent months against the USD, it just didn't make sense.

So, decision made and the stone went off to BE. Chris kept me updated throughout the process and the turnaround was very quick (2 weeks I think). He also sent through progress phots (un-promted) which I hugely appreciated. There was an agonising delay at the end because their camera system broke down the day before my ring was completed but knowing how desperate I was to see the finished product Chris took a video on his phone and sent it over to me. Dealing with Chris/BE was a real pleasure and the workmanship on the ring is awesome - I can't stop staring at it. It is the most elegant 6 prong I've ever seen (to me anyway).

However, the real star of the show is still the diamond - I had a non CBI H&A for a while (still in my avatar actually) and while gorgeous, it just never made my heart sing. I'm still not sure why but when it comes to MRBs I don;t think I'll ever venture away from CBI again, there is *definitely* something special about them.

Anyway, on to the photos (coz that's what this is all about - right :)).

First up the progress pics:

_29951.jpg

_29953.jpg

_29954.jpg

j9.jpg

jenniann

Shiny_Rock
Re: Wonderful experience with Wink/CBI and Brilliantly Engag

Two more:

j10.jpg

j11.jpg

jenniann

Shiny_Rock

Finished product:

_29955.jpg

_29956.jpg

_29957.jpg

jenniann

Shiny_Rock

Lastly some slightly crappy iphone pics - better ones to follow when I've found the charger for my camera!

img_7831.jpg

img_7832.jpg

img_7834.jpg

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock

Divine! The prongs are breathtaking.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ive always been a huge fan of round, tube-like shanks like that.

Its such a simple setting but the details are devine. :love:

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock

classic !! love.

Love that Wink. Will definitely work with him someday again, total sweetheart and a man of integrity!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

You have a top of the line diamond in a beautifully executed solitaire setting - it doesn't get any better than that!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is a classic beauty! :love:

mns12

Shiny_Rock

Gorgeous classic all around! Enjoy your upgrade!!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Wow, the process photos are fascinating! Lovely diamond and ring!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations!! Beautiful ring!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results