shape
carat
color
clarity

Won a 2 carat Daniel K engagement ring, how much is it worth?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

itsjustarock

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/29/2005 11:40:00 PM
Author: valeria101

Date: 12/29/2005 6:30:50 PM
Author: itsjustarock

I will keep updating the situation unless there is no interest.

Joke ?
9.gif

That ''1888 views'' number for this thread does men something - you''ve got a neighbourhood worth of fans waiting for news. There should be quite a few crazy proposal ideas in the making too
2.gif
I usually lurk on forums and rarely post. I ''m more used to reading other people''s intriguing stories than presenting one myself. However, I do find myself coming back a lot and reading replies. This forum is addicting

Waited2Long, congradulations on the engagement.
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow i am so glad to hear this, merry christmas to you big time!!! please show us pictures!!!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that''s fantastic news. So glad the ring is going to turn out no hassle at all. Ooh, if only to be in your shoes!!! Congratulations to you and your soon to be fiance.

If you give the Daniel K to your girlfriend for her birthday.... what will you give her for the next birthday?!!! Be careful!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2005 8:41:47 PM

Now, to add a twist to the story, lets just say hypothetically that I already purchased a 1.53 carat Round solitaire 2 weeks prior to the contest. What would you do?
Hypothetically, you should get another 1.53 ct round solitaire and give her a pair of earrings too
31.gif

Seriously, maybe the jeweler will let you exchange it for a diamond stud earrings
9.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2005 6:30:50 PM
To my friends here who still have an interest in this thread. Here is an update.

Just got the prize packet from American Express which included some waiver forms and a letter explaining that they will cover my tax obligations. Whoohooo. That is really great gesture. I just mailed the release papers back and the ring will be sent directly from Daniel K after they receive the paperwork. So in 2-3 weeks, I will post the picture of the ring once I receive it. Thank you all for the wonderful advice and kind words. I will keep updating the situation unless there is no interest. Perhaps you guys can help me conjure up a proposal plan.
WOW!! That is excellent! Glad to hear AmEx came through for you! Congratulations...can''t wait to see pictures
36.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am very much looking forward to this ring!
3.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
man, this is a great story. to think that they even cover your tax obligation makes it that much more yummy and amazing!

I love marvel''s idea of buying a matching RB for earrings...
9.gif

I just can''t wait for pics!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an unbelievable story! Win a ring and AmEx will cover the taxes too? Unbelievable but wonderful.

Can''t wait to see the pics of the ring once you receive it. I still think I''d let her decide which she wants. If she decides against the already purchased RB, have it set in a pendant as a wedding gift. Lucky you!!!!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh that''s fantastic news.. Please do come back with pictures

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s great news!!!
36.gif

itsjustarock

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, I''m back for an update.
A few Days ago, American Express calls to tell me that they will be sending all the documents to Daniel K. I inquired about resizing the ring and was told that all the rings would be sent out in a size 7. If I wanted to keep the warranty, they require the ring to be shipped back to Daniel K in New York to do the resizing. Well, I called Daniel K (the company)directly and asked if they can resize it there before sending it out to me. I must say the service they provide over there is top notch.
36.gif
I received lots of help from the person in charge of the winners from the AE promotion. She even agreed to resize the ring for me there before shipping it out(Thank you InBal). She called yesterday to tell me the ring was ready and express mailed it to me this morning. I will attempt posting some pics.

myring300001.jpg

itsjustarock

Rough_Rock
OK I suck at taking pictures...........

myring300003.jpg

itsjustarock

Rough_Rock
can''t believe I just posed with a ring on my finger...........don''t laugh at my hand

itsjustarock

Rough_Rock
Ok, any tips on taking pictures or sizing them right???

widget

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
Holy Sh*t!!

IT''S ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
18.gif
30.gif

You are one lucky sonofagun...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

widget

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow. That ring is beyond amazing. If your girlfriend doesn''t want it you could always send it my way
31.gif
. It is stunning though and I am sure your girlfriend will be head over heels for it
30.gif

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!!
18.gif

What is the size of the center stone? The thin band really makes it POP!

itsjustarock

Rough_Rock
The specs:

Center stone 2.07 carat
pave stones .12
Clarity: IF
Color: H
Depth: 69.6 %
Table 61%
Polish: Excellent
Symemetry: Excellent
Girdle: Slightly thick

Can someone explain if the cut is good. The only thing I understand is the color and clarity

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
WOW.... it''s absolutely gorgeous. Sincere congratuations on winning the ring and also having a girlfriend you want to give it to. It''s fabulous. She''s going to love it.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH MY
23.gif
It''s just fabulous. I LOVE DANIEL K and cannot wait to have one of my very own. Seeing your gorgeous, stunning, perfect ring does not help
2.gif
Please let us know your girlfriends reaction to this once in a lifetime surprise
1.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is just breathtaking. Congratulations! Wow.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful ring. Also, it was very generous of AMEX to cover the taxes. Hopefully the IRS doesn''t consider the AMEX covering the taxes as another "gambling winning."

Can you post pics of the round ring you originally got with it next to the Daniel K ring?

icefisher

Rough_Rock
I''ll defer to the experts as to whether the cut''s good, but even a novice like me knows that a diamond''s cut improves dramatically as the price approaches FREE!!!!
emotion-19.gif

It''s a beautiful ring, congratulations!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH my gosh!!! This is the most unbelievable thing I have read on here! A RB e-ring and a FREE Daniel K asscher RH ring!!!! What could possibly be better than that!???

IT''S MAGNIFICENT!!!!

(I hope you know that most people have a different ring size for the right hand?)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh My...................I am so jealous!! It is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on winning that beauty!

35.gif
PS, if your girlfriend doesn''t like it, I will unselfishly volunteer to become your new girlfriend. I''d have to clear it thru my husband first, but if he says ok..................

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2006 8:38:30 AM
Author: IslandDreams
Wow, what a beautiful ring. Also, it was very generous of AMEX to cover the taxes. Hopefully the IRS doesn''t consider the AMEX covering the taxes as another ''gambling winning.''

Actually, yes they would. I would think, however, that if AMEX said they''d cover the taxes then they''d take that into account in their calculation. The original poster might want to check and make sure that they are and check about state taxes too (assuming he''s in a state with an income tax).

In any case, the ring is absolutely gorgeous!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I''m totally speechless!!!! It''s IF?
6.gif
OMG!!!!!!! What girl would turn her nose up to that? What a beautiful ring. It looks enormous on your finger too.
2.gif

What about the round you also purchased. Do you have pics of that?

Cookiedough

Rough_Rock
I believe there were actually 3 of those rings put up for sale by Amex at that price. Just think ...
36.gif
there are 2 other very lucky ladies out there! I really wish they''d find their way to ps.

JZMINBNEE

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! I have been following your thread as a newbie here and am thrilled for you and your Gal, You must be livin right!
jz
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results