carat
color
clarity

Women over 50

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
“”
In case you missed it on 60 Minutes, this is what Andy Rooney thinks about women near or over 50:

“As I grow in age, I value women near or over 50 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman near or over 50 will never wake you in the middle of the night and ask, 'What are you thinking?' She doesn't care what you think.

If a woman near or over 50 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do, and it's usually more interesting.

Women near or over 50 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot or stab you if they think they can get away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman near or over 50.

Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman near or over 50 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk, if you are acting like one. You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women near or over 50 for a multitude of reasons.

snip...

❤❤❤❤

“”

I will add one comment. I think women of all ages are beautiful. All decades have something wonderful and unique to offer and each year should be celebrated and cherished. None of us have a crystal ball but we are in the here and now and make the best of each day. I celebrate all women. Young, old and in between. You rock. ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please add something special about your age now. I’d love to hear happy experiences about getting older. ❤️

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I enjoyed my 40s, however, I am enjoying my 50s even more!

I started not to care too much about what others might think in my 40s, however, I definitely do not GAF now!

Been there, done that, got my battle scars and T-shirts, a bit long in the tooth, and I do not feel the need to prove or justify anything anymore.

Only a handful of years before I reach the next big one and I can't wait to celebrate with a bang!

DK :lol-2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What @dk168 said, about not giving a damn what people think in our 50’s! :lol:

This^ 100%

I think every decade of life has its own wonderful milestones and difficult struggles.
Hindsight being 20/20, looking back on my decades, I have enjoyed them all mostly equally and feel #blessed. :)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We can do nothing about getting older, other than embracing the inevitable, and making the most of every day.

I’ve never really cared what people think of me, I can’t change what people think, whether it’s right or wrong. I just have to concentrate on being a good person, wife, mother and friend, and I try my hardest to achieve it.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
So I'm not in my 50s but rather in my 30s. In my 20s I neglected my health, and as I get older I care about my body more. I feel like I'm more active and make healthier choices now. Also not a poor uni student anymore, just poor but that's self inflicted lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We can do nothing about getting older, other than embracing the inevitable, and making the most of every day.

I’ve never really cared what people think of me, I can’t change what people think, whether it’s right or wrong. I just have to concentrate on being a good person, wife, mother and friend, and I try my hardest to achieve it.

I feel the same. Even in my twenties and thirties and forties I didn't care what others thought of me. We have an internal compass by which we navigate life and do what in our hearts we feel is right. You are a wonderful person Austina but you don't need me to say that lol. But it's how I feel. Hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I'm not in my 50s but rather in my 30s. In my 20s I neglected my health, and as I get older I care about my body more. I feel like I'm more active and make healthier choices now. Also not a poor uni student anymore, just poor but that's self inflicted lol

And you have time on your side. Making good health decisions from here on in will serve you well in your older years. You go girl!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What @dk168 said, about not giving a damn what people think in our 50’s! :lol:

This^ 100%

I think every decade of life has its own wonderful milestones and difficult struggles.
Hindsight being 20/20, looking back on my decades, I have enjoyed them all mostly equally and feel #blessed. :)

Agreed! I think each decade is wonderful though different. There are good things and less good things but with age comes confidence and more happiness even though hardships might be greater. We have a bigger understanding of what matters and that brings us more peace and joy I think. XO to you my sweet friend.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I enjoyed my 40s, however, I am enjoying my 50s even more!

I started not to care too much about what others might think in my 40s, however, I definitely do not GAF now!

Been there, done that, got my battle scars and T-shirts, a bit long in the tooth, and I do not feel the need to prove or justify anything anymore.

Only a handful of years before I reach the next big one and I can't wait to celebrate with a bang!

Yasss! I am with you 100%!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
And you have time on your side. Making good health decisions from here on in will serve you well in your older years. You go girl!

Hopefully that includes financial decisions too but so far PS makes me want to spend all my money.

Anyway one quote stuck with me. We spend our whole lives making money sacrificing our health. One day we lose our health. At that point no amount of money can bring it back. I guess it's a fine balance and not getting too caught up in things. Like you said there's time on my hands.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully that includes financial decisions too but so far PS makes me want to spend all my money.

Anyway one quote stuck with me. We spend our whole lives making money sacrificing our health. One day we lose our health. At that point no amount of money can bring it back. I guess it's a fine balance and not getting too caught up in things. Like you said there's time on my hands.

Yes definitely. I like this quote as well.

I-have-chosen-to-be-happy-its-good-for-my-health-Voltaire.png

One more.

aging.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Each day really is a gift. When I feel overwhelmed with life sometimes I remember this fact and I become less overwhelmed. No matter the challenges we face being here is a gift. And I am grateful for each day. Being grateful goes a long way to feeling joy and being happy IMO.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the saying that growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

I guess I am still growing up!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always say that aging beats the alternative. The nice thing about my age is that I'm not afraid to speak my mind. If others don't like it, too bad. I really don't care.

@missy you always come up with good thread topics!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love all of this! Yes! Being over 50 is great. And I wholeheartedly agree with the saying

"What others think of me is none of my business."

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
What a great thread! I have found that I care less what other people think of me and that alone makes me feel more at peace and happy! I am also finding that the confidence that I had lost when I was busy raising my kids and never had any time for myself is now coming back as my kids have grown up. I have two kids that are college grads, one in college, and one that is 16 and I am so happy to be where I am now.

Of course anyone that has a young adult daughter or teenage daughter (and I have both) needs to have a thick skin because they will point out every flaw you have including disagreeing with your taste in clothing!

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
“”
In case you missed it on 60 Minutes, this is what Andy Rooney thinks about women near or over 50:

“As I grow in age, I value women near or over 50 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman near or over 50 will never wake you in the middle of the night and ask, 'What are you thinking?' She doesn't care what you think.

If a woman near or over 50 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do, and it's usually more interesting.

Women near or over 50 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot or stab you if they think they can get away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman near or over 50.

Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman near or over 50 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk, if you are acting like one. You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women near or over 50 for a multitude of reasons.

snip...

❤❤❤❤

“”

I will add one comment. I think women of all ages are beautiful. All decades have something wonderful and unique to offer and each year should be celebrated and cherished. None of us have a crystal ball but we are in the here and now and make the best of each day. I celebrate all women. Young, old and in between. You rock. ❤

I love this @missy It is all true and I share your sentiments about all the lovely women. Plus it is great for celebrating my 54th Birthday today. ;-)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in my 50's and dangerously close to 60 (will be 60 in December) and thats pretty spot on...I truly dont care what people think of me and I do pretty much what I want lol

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I hit my stride really in my 40's. 50's, the give a damn is just busted....lol

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love being over 50 but I’m still waiting to “grow up”!
I no longer give a hoot what people think. When younger I did worry what people thought of me. I was sensitive to criticism and being “judged”. I often felt a little bit like an imposter in my own life.
These days I’m a force to be reckoned with if I decide to turn it on!
I have vivid purple steaks in my hair and I love them. I would never had such courage in my 30s or even 40s. I will wear 15 carats plus diamonds to walk the dog along with my sweat pants and $9 T shirt.
I speak up and out anytime I deem it necessary. If that upsets people, not my problem. And I love that I am deemed to have knowledge and experience and Im asked for advice. In my 50s I find I smile more, laugh more and worry less.
Best was when a teary young girl came up to me at the shopping centre and told me she had lost her mummy. Poor mite, she clung to my hand and wiped her wet face on my pants. We went straight to Centre Management and an announcement was made. A few minutes later an absolutely frantic mother arrived. Thankful and happy reunion.
Before my 50s I would have wanted people to think I was slim, that I was dressed nicely, that I was fashionable, that I was successful, intelligent, professional and business like.
In my 50s a lost young girl thought I was safe, that I was kind, that I would know what to do and help her find her mum.
And being in my 50s I now know what matters.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m in my sixties so I’m farther along than being in the fifties. I would say I’m pretty sensitive. I can get my feelings hurt if I like you and a good friend does or says something hurtful. If you are an acquaintance or a stranger I don’t really care..I’ve learned to only invest time and love in people that care for me. I let things roll off my back more now. I appreciate everything...family, friendship, nature, bling, etc. I use my good stuff and don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is the special occasion..

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this @missy It is all true and I share your sentiments about all the lovely women. Plus it is great for celebrating my 54th Birthday today. ;-)

@Vera - Happy Birthday to you! I hope it is a day filled with all of your favorite things!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don't want to be 50
i still feel like i feel the same as i did 20, 30 years ago
its just a stupid number

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a definite freedom to aging. Being comfortable in your own skin is a true blessing that takes time to achieve. I see some of my younger counterparts comparing themselves physically, financially - in all sorts of ways really that I just can't be fluffed about anymore. I am grateful for what I have and happy to see others achieve their own successes.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy birthday, Vera!! Hope you have a great day!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, the 50's passed fast and I am now into the next decade which is so hard for me to fathom. My brain seems the same age as it has been since I have been an adult! Of course, the fun thing is having grandchildren and the joy they bring. I do think every age has good aspects. My advice is to enjoy it because time seems to pass very quickly as you get older!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pffff!
What a load of bunk! :rolleyes:
Everyone in group X is wonderful is just as much BS as everyone in group X is horrible.

People within all ages vary.
People of all genders vary.

I'm happy to praise people for what they do, but not for what they get no credit for ... their chromosomes or their age.

But of course, since I'm an outie, I must be mansplaining again. :doh: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results