shape
carat
color
clarity

Women bringing up grandchildren with their adult children

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re: Women bringing up grandchildren with their adult childre

My mom asked me at dinner last night (while I was downing a glass of wine) if I was pregnant. And not in a happy way. Then proceeded to tell my fiancé and me how we shouldn't expect to get pregnant right away and it will probably take some time and we are basically delusional if we think it will work right off the bat.

I was thisclose to saying "well, in that case, can you excuse us for about 15 minutes? We better get started RIGHT NOW."

Nothing like loving, encouraging words from your mom, right?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Wow, I'd be super mean and snarky to anyone who makes any unwelcomed comments. I'm snarky like that though. And well, don't really care when I'm getting asked rude questions.

Nosy Parker: "When are you going to have a baby?"
Me: "Wow, you must have no idea how rude your question is!"
Nosy Parker: "It's not rude, it's a normal question."
Me: "You must be really dumb then, good thing I don't talk to dumb people." [Walk away]

~LC :devil:

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock

lliang_chi|1311358234|2974692 said:
Wow, I'd be super mean and snarky to anyone who makes any unwelcomed comments. I'm snarky like that though. And well, don't really care when I'm getting asked rude questions.

Nosy Parker: "When are you going to have a baby?"
Me: "Wow, you must have no idea how rude your question is!"
Nosy Parker: "It's not rude, it's a normal question."
Me: "You must be really dumb then, good thing I don't talk to dumb people." [Walk away]

~LC :devil:

LOL! Ouch... :devil:

We don't get asked the "When are you going to have a baby?" question anymore. Now it's "How come you dont want kids?"

And as hubby bluntly says, "I don't like them."

Usually they drop the subject after that, and it gets me off the hook. :naughty:

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock

We don't get it nearly as often as I thought we would, and my mom was definitely in the "Wait a while and enjoy your time together" camp, so she never said word one about wanting grandkids.

My ILs are a huge family, and they didn't bug us right away, but every once in a while the last year (our second married) people would say "So when are you two having kids?" and our response was just "Eventually!"

We never changed the answer, so people kinda got the picture. I know they love babies and want us to have kids, so hopefully they'll be thrilled in a month or two when we break the news that they'll have a baby to snuggle by March :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations, Katy!!! I am sure they will be thrilled!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results