shape
carat
color
clarity

wish upon a star....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
ok since most of us in this area of PS are waiting for our amazing proposals whay not g ush about what our dream proposals would be....i know everyone at some point has dreamed about their perfect proposal i have...this is mine

setting-on my roof (i live in a 18 storie building on the chicago lake front!! amazing view of the city)
details- all i really want is candle everywhere i love candles white and creamone especially! they give off an amazing glow... i would love to have white rose pettles leading a path way to where me may be standing...i never wanted to have him down on one knee i dont think he needs to beg me to marry him i want him standing and just being himself i want him to be comfortable...hes not a down on one knee kinda guy and im ok with that...
time of day- i would love it either at night or before sunset

its one of my many dream proposals...whats yourS?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
To be honest I have a couple of ones that I think would be great.It all depends if D does it here at home in Ireland or in NY after we purchase the ring.

If it was at home, I''d love it to be out when we walk my dog up the dublin and wicklow mountains-the views are fantastic and its really romantic.

If it was in NY, I''d like it to be somewhere quiet, like maybe somewhere in Central Park, or if we got a quiet moment, maybe up Top of the Rock.

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
OMG! I''ve never even thought about it! Is this possible?

I think it''s been one of those "oh, it''s not happening for a while" things, and I''ve pushed it to back burner, thought-wise.

Has anyone else neglected to imagine this?!?! Am I nuts? Should I begin obsessing immediately?
9.gif

Seriously, the ring isn''t ready yet, so that''s probably it. I''m sure once I know it''s hanging around somewhere, my little brain will go into overdrive.

It will be fun to read the responses here...

-J

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a bunch of dream proposals in mind, but nothing was as good as what he came up with on his own (which was 100 times simpler--and was him, not me--which made it all so much more heartfelt!).

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
musey- how did he propose?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
He woke up VERY early (before I did) and took our puppy, Colby, out for a walk. When he came back he let Colby wake me up (he always jumps on top of us and licks us all over to wake us up--so cute) and then knelt by the side of the bed, and told me that they'd had a "conversation" outside and decided that it was time for him to ask me a question, because he didn't want to wait any longer. Then he asked
2.gif
I was laughing because it was so corny, but that's us (we love the cheeseball stuff and love to laugh at ourselves).

I knew that he had the ring beforehand (and he new that I knew) so that's where the whole "it's time" thing came from... he was actually planning to propose four days later but I kept asking him "what's so great about when you're planning to do it that's so much better that, I don't know, right now?" (It sounds like pressuring him when I type it but it wasn't, we joke around like that, and I wasn't actually expecting him to move it up). Turns out he thought "right now" was just as special too, and I loved the spontaneity of it!

So, I just wanted to say that while I had probably 5 different scenarios and was kind of wishing I could sneakily feed to him, I'm glad that he did it in his own way. There's nothing better than knowing that the beautiful proposal you received really came from his heart--not your head!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Musey, that''s such a cute story!

I''ve always pictured my boyfriend just casually asking me when we are laying in bed one night. Which is fine, I always look forward to laying in bed with him. That sounds...riskayyyy...but I don''t mean it like that. lol.

Sometimes we go fishing at this tiny lake by our house that has a bench set up. It''s a man made lake, and it only has catfish I think. But there are all these ducks quacking around the rocks everywhere...it''s really pretty. We use hotdogs as bait, so I always thought it would be cool if when I went to get a piece of hotdog he would have positioned the ring on one of them. Sounds romantic to me, because I love that little lake...but I don''t know about the hotdog juice on my ring! lol.

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Hm..haven''t really been able to decide whether I want a public or private proposal. I do know that regardless of where or when he proposes I do want it to be as mushy as possible. My guy is very shy doesn''t really express how he feels. I''d love to hear him tell me what our life together means to him and how much I mean to him and so on and so on!
2.gif
I think in the 8 years we''ve been together..i''ve only heard a serious "I love you" a handful of times. I understand that this way it means more i suppose when you don''t hear it as often. (he does say it when i say it first...or i usually ask "do you love me"?...

As for a public proposal, i have thought about him proposing at the hockey game! We are both avid Vancouver Canuck fans and like going to the home games. I think it would be soo cool to have him propose there and have them show it on the Jumbotron at GM Place!!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
What he was supposed to do and what I would have liked.

Fourth of July

In the evening with about a 100 fireworks
I had dreams that he would try and attempt to fire off marry me in the sky-- see if it would work. He would definitely get down on one knee because he''s very traditional

All of friends and family would be there
everyone would be clapping.

Funny enough he had the same ideas, but it didn''t happen this way, the ring was no where near ready last july.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results