shape
carat
color
clarity

Wish me luck!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I

If you lay on your side, soak for 10 mins, and then slowly get up, most of the salt water will drain onto the towel you have laid underneath. Then I dry the ear outside and in with sterile gauze, and use the hairdryer the rest of the way. It's hard core, I know, a big time commitment twice a day, but I find it really helps when you're in a healing crisis. I'm also in my 50's and have to take aftercare very seriously as healing can be slower.

I've come back from some nasty swollen oozing ears using sea salt soaks. The sea salt kills bacteria and is soothing on enflamed tissue. Remember to rinse with plain water however, as tissue doesn't like salt left on it. Dry dry dry. Bacteria can grow in a moist and warm environment.

Thank you for this! The description really helps. I will give this a try when I try repiercing in a couple of months!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll throw this out there, because I have not seen it mentioned yet. When I got my third lobe piercing, I went to a tattoo shop for the first time (first two piercings were done at Claire's in my teens.) He did not have any posts, so he pierced with a small hoop. I admit it was uglier that a post would have been, but it did make cleaning easier because there was nothing to get behind to clean or trap moisture. And, it was just as easy to spin/rotate the hoop, as spinning a post. Good luck!!

i agree this is the way to go
it was the way prevouse generations had it done

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
you know back in the days the girls at school used to use a neadle and a bag of frozen peas

and did you know that the new Queen Camilai does not have her ears pierced

A very strange thing happened to me the last week
i have not worn earings in a year due to mask wearing
my 30 year old piercing got a huge (probably just a small pea sized) lump on the back of my loobe
it was somewhat bothersome so i played with it (a lot)

eventually i heard a pop but felt nothing back there
but the lump is now gone

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
you know back in the days the girls at school used to use a neadle and a bag of frozen peas

my 30 year old piercing got a huge (probably just a small pea sized) lump on the back of my loobe

but the lump is now gone

Yikes!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock

but the lump is now gone

Oof! Well I'm glad it's gone! :0

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Soooo... I did a naughty. I went to Banter (at the mall >.<) to try again getting my ears done since the piercers at the shops told me they didn't do the little gold ball earrings anymore for piercing anyway and no no no no way am i ever wearing prongs ever again in my life... And the mall ladies helped me so much when my ears were rejecting the titanium.

So 2 weeks ago I did a repierce. I needed antibiotics right away because of !@#$&*! course my sensitive butt needed them lol. But cautiously optimistic I might actually heal this time maybe. My doctor looked at them at my appointment last week since I was there for a med follow up and was pleased. The mall ladies looked again this weekend and said everything is flat this time. Barely any swelling left. I'm supposed to come again in two more weeks for another look. I will definitely want to change to sleeper hoops asap though wish me luck that I can keep doing ok. Even if it's the total opposite of good sense lol.

clarity1264

Rough_Rock
Best of luck! From my understanding, tattoo shops require/only hire people with extensive training to do piercings. I think you are in good hands!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Best of luck! From my understanding, tattoo shops require/only hire people with extensive training to do piercings. I think you are in good hands!

Thanks! But unfortunately the piercings done at the professional shop were rejected by my ears and they do not carry the type of stud anymore that I need to heal. So this time I did a naughty and went to the mall and went under the gun where they do use solid gold ball studs. Hoping this time works out for me xD

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Giving another update. So it's half good news. I'm almost at 12 weeks now i think. Can't remember tbh. My ears are taking quite a long time to heal. One side doing much better than the other.

So obviously I did wrong by going to the local Banter instead of going to the local shop. But after being told they didnt carry what I was looking for. I felt i had no other choice. So we tried with solid 14k gold since it healed perfectly the first time with the gun. That did not happen this time. My ears alternated hurting and the bruised inside feeling just kept getting worse. It kept feeling like it was extending into other parts of my lobes. So eventually I thought maybe I needed more space and that the backings were too tight so we tried silicone just in case the plated gold backings had worn down to the surgical steel. Nope didn't help. Bruised feeling continued. I figured it had to be the gold at this point because I get rashy and mad under my 14k gold rings so it stood to reason my skin was not appreciating it sitting inside it.

So I read around and somewhere plastic was mentioned as being able to save piercing holes and supposed to be inert. So I bought a couple of different kinds of plastic studs. Started with a cz pair. For my left side it was a miracle. Basically stopped bothering me and feeling so bruised within a few weeks!!! Currently have a nice looking 6mm black ceramic stud in there so it at least is the same colour as the black plastic on the right. Ear is pretty happy! Just need to figure out which of my silicone backings will work best on it. I'm a little afraid of it not being able to breathe well for another year or so til things are fully healed up in there.

Right side bled when I changed it at the same time as the other side. Ended up feeling like the post was too long and I was still sore so I changed to a 3mm black plastic a week or so ago. And it's still feeling cranky and a bit pinchy every so often. Still feel like the end is a tad long but it's better than the other pair for sure. I'm happy I can wash it now without it hurting a lot. Which is improvement since before washing it hurt so much. Hoping with more time it might also calm down. We'll see I guess. Going to just continue a warm water soak at night with a 1x a day soap and water wash, and using the piercing salt water mist I found on Amazon 2x a day. The mist isn't making my ears mad like it did when I tried the generic saline wound wash last time. Still need to buy a shot glass so I can try out that actual sea salt soak.

So yeah overall better but can't say I'm out of the woods just yet.

000Ed

Rough_Rock
I've had the first 3 lobe piercings since I was a kid (ahh Claire's...), but did the cartilage ones myself (helix and orbital conch). Pop... right on through... no numbing... lots of crunching. I don't recommend it. lol I have a bunch more on the other side (the 3 lobes again and then a tragus and upper daith). Hang in there! They will eventually stabilize with proper care. And pretty, pretty earrings you shall have!! :mrgreen2:

Capture6erv9bo7nyuu5.jpg

looks so nice

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results