shape
carat
color
clarity

Wisconsin Judge Accused of Attacking Colleague

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice, David T. Prosser, involved in a heated legal dispute, has been accused of physically attacking a female colleague on the bench, Justice Ann Walsh Bradley. Given some of the recent discussion here in Hangout of the difference between how men and women in positions of power treat their sexual impulses, I thought it might be interesting to examine how they treat their aggressive impulses.

Of course, there is the possibility, one we are strongly urged to consider in the United States, that the alleged, male perpetrator is innocent of the charges against him, innocent unless proven guilty!

It would be a shame to drag this judge's name through the mud first, like those of the Duke lacrosse players (was it lacrosse?) only to find that he was falsely accused!

Here is a link to an article on the incident:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/26/us/26judge.html?hp

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Well, he stole the election. Of course, now he has to (allegedly) physically attack his female colleague. :angryfire:

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I'm in a bit of a drug-induced haze (migraine) so forgive the rambling.

I think often times men are guilty until proven innocent. Is it right? No, but we protect ourselves from males who've been accused of assaults even if there is never an indictment.

I think it's far-fetched that he would attack a woman by grabbing her neck. It's not a common thing to do, choking. You shake a person, hit them, shove them, etc, but you don't rush into choking.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
somethingshiny|1309139143|2955795 said:

I think often times men are guilty until proven innocent. Is it right? No, but we protect ourselves from males who've been accused of assaults even if there is never an indictment.

I think it's far-fetched that he would attack a woman by grabbing her neck. It's not a common thing to do, choking. You shake a person, hit them, shove them, etc, but you don't rush into choking.

I'm all for innocent until proven guilty, but if a story like this is getting reported by a reputable newspaper, well, where there's smoke, there's fire. (The Anthony Weiner has driven that home for me!) You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried. And why would a high level judge make up an allegation like this?

Plus the judge in question (Prosser) also referred to the same female colleague he is accused of attacking as a "total bitch" on a separate occasion (and admitted to that himself), so clearly he doesn't have much self-control or respect for women.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's not a common thing to do, choking. You shake a person, hit them, shove them, etc, but you don't rush into choking.

I'm far more willing to concede on the innocent until proven guilty than on the, "it's not a common thing to do". I think it's extremely common in domestic violence situations!!!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1309149991|2955928 said:
Plus the judge in question (Prosser) also referred to the same female colleague he is accused of attacking as a "total bitch" on a separate occasion (and admitted to that himself), so clearly he doesn't have much self-control or respect for women.

Yep.

I knew who the judge was before I opened the thread- lucky guess.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, what I am wondering now is what kind of relationship he has with the other women in his life? Scary.

If this is true (and living in WI and knowing WAY too much about this man already from his shady, shady election win, I can't say that I'm inclined to think it is a lie) I would expect that he resign. And that he be prosecuted for the felony that it is.

I mean, I would hate to think that we have either a physically abusive justice or a scarily dishonest justice, but clearly we have at least one of them... :nono:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
According to what I read, other Supreme Court Justices were the witnesses?!

Put him on trial.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

I agree with this for sure.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I know choking is a constant with domestic abuse, but this struck me as entirely different. I can't pinpoint why. Maybe because I expect proper behavior from those we normally hold in high regard.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
somethingshiny|1309204529|2956436 said:
I know choking is a constant with domestic abuse, but this struck me as entirely different. I can't pinpoint why. Maybe because I expect proper behavior from those we normally hold in high regard.

In Wisconsin judges are elected, which to me means that they are essentially politicians. And proper behavior clearly isn't a strong suit of most politicians. ;))

Lula

Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1309204810|2956441 said:
somethingshiny|1309204529|2956436 said:

In Wisconsin judges are elected, which to me means that they are essentially politicians. And proper behavior clearly isn't a strong suit of most politicians. ;))

Yes, the elections for judgeships in WI have become very sleazy, with a lot of outside money pouring in from both sides. However, if Prosser ends up having to resign his seat because of this, the current governor will then be able to appoint a successor for the remainder of Prosser's 10-year term (which just started). That appointment will be political as well. Can't escape the politics either way, unfortunately.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Well, let me ask the group this- if multiple Justices of Wisconsin's Supreme Court saw me choking one of them, would I not be in jail awaiting trail?

Is this man above the law?

Pretty ironic.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1309244710|2956865 said:
Well, let me ask the group this- if multiple Justices of Wisconsin's Supreme Court saw me choking one of them, would I not be in jail awaiting trail?

Is this man above the law?

Pretty ironic.

In many ways, yes, Danny, he is.

In addition, the local press is handling the story with kid gloves, and the investigation is being conducted by the Judicial Commission which is under no obligation to release their findings. And the Judicial Commission reports to the Supreme Court, which, in my opinion, makes it unlikely that they will produce a report critical of one of their bosses -- ahem. The Sheriff's Department is conducting their own investigation, so it will be interesting to see how public they are about their findings. But, bottom line, the way he is being treated is very different from the way an ordinary citizen, accused of the same crime, would be treated.

Apparently, he could be impeached. But, again, politics will get in the way of that, I suspect.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i believe the Koch brothers have invested a lot of $ in his campaigns and i'm betting they will throw more $ around to protect their investment. pure speculation on my part but "they" do tend to protect their own.

if i did this at work i'd be in jail. or out with a big big big bail amount.

there really is a different system depending on "class" and no one wants to talk about "class" issues.....

need to add more honey to my tea...appears i'm rather bitter this morning.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1309277092|2957063 said:
i believe the Koch brothers have invested a lot of $ in his campaigns and i'm betting they will throw more $ around to protect their investment. pure speculation on my part but "they" do tend to protect their own.

if i did this at work i'd be in jail. or out with a big big big bail amount.

there really is a different system depending on "class" and no one wants to talk about "class" issues.....

need to add more honey to my tea...appears i'm rather bitter this morning.
Ditto to all you've said in your post, MZ. Class issues are turning the US into one big gated community. Pass the honey, please...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results