shape
carat
color
clarity

Winter Weddings!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok ok, so mine is in Vegas, which isn''t exactly winter weather wonderland, but it still gets pretty chilly.

Anyway, I thought since there seems to be quite a few brides that are having winter weddings or have had winter weddings, and are bucking the traditional April-August trend, we should probably have a place to convene and share our ideas.

For instance, I''m having big gemstoned simple jewelry, so it looks very icy. My colors are silver/gray, white, black and splashes of bright blue. I''m planning on rocking a faux fur stole, unless I change my mind and go for a fur-lined cape (link).

So when is your wedding?
What are you doing to make it even more wintery?
Did you choose winter for a reason?
What is inspiring you in the middle of winter?
And what ideas do you have that you might want to share?

Here is a pic of my stole, with my earrings, my loose silver topaz that will be set in a necklace, and the gray ribbon from my STDs and invites. My dress (dove gray empire waist gown) should be here tomorrow!!!

IMG_3368 freke.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 5:04:30 PM
Author:FrekeChild
Ok ok, so mine is in Vegas, which isn't exactly winter weather wonderland, but it still gets pretty chilly.

Anyway, I thought since there seems to be quite a few brides that are having winter weddings or have had winter weddings, and are bucking the traditional April-August trend, we should probably have a place to convene and share our ideas.

For instance, I'm having big gemstoned simple jewelry, so it looks very icy. My colors are silver/gray, white, black and splashes of bright blue. I'm planning on rocking a faux fur stole, unless I change my mind and go for a fur-lined cape (link).

So when is your wedding?
What are you doing to make it even more wintery?
Did you choose winter for a reason?
What is inspiring you in the middle of winter?
And what ideas do you have that you might want to share?

Here is a pic of my stole, with my earrings, my loose silver topaz that will be set in a necklace, and the gray ribbon from my STDs and invites. My dress (dove gray empire waist gown) should be here tomorrow!!!
Great idea on the thread Freke -- i love that stole - it's going to be perfect with your silver Badgley M. dress!!!!

ETA: seriously....$44 for that beautiful wrap?!? lucky girl....

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Freke, I"m not part of the Winter Brides Club (mine is in Oct) but you should TOTALLY rock the stole!!!! I think it''d be HOT!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Huge fan of the stoll... love the color too.
30.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Feel free to join in anyway lliang_chi!!! You''re close enough! (Unless someone wants to start a Fall thread of course!)

Oh, my wedding is January 9, 2010, Las Vegas NV, Mandalay Bay. The reason we picked January is because the easiest break to work around for FI is winter break. We could have picked summer or spring break but I wanted Fall or Winter because I hate Spring and Summer heat.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I think I''m having a winter wedding just for the stole!
3.gif
Ours is in November, which is a pretty hellish month in Seattle (windy and rainy!) but I''m looking forward to the cozy atmosphere it provides because you''re inside, there''s millions of candles, and rosy glows!
5.gif

Plus I love these colors.
1.gif

colors98754487.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Freke, you should get a really pretty crystal brooch/pin to clasp your stole closed. I think it''d look soooo glamorous!

My wedding''s in FL so the typical wedding season (Apr-Aug) is a NO WAY JOSE for me. I originally wanted it in March but it wouldn''t work with James''s master''s program. And I wanted to avoid the winter since it gets to be madness in FL with all the snowbirds. But still wanted it when the weather''s nice there but crappy here (I live in Chicago).

Now I''m glad i have an extra 9 months instead of having a wedding in March because I haven''t done jack
3.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Freke that stole is BEAUTIFUL!!! I''m going to Dillards!!

We''re getting married 12/5/09. We wanted a winter wedding because we both love Colorado winters and couldn''t picture anything but winter and snow.

Our colors are dark purple (concord or royal are pretty close) silver and black. I always wanted a purple wedding and then I saw muffindowd''s wedding (particularly her flowers) and I was hooked: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/were-married-d-d-d.97932/

Here''s my inspiration board: It''s older...I have some changes I need to make to it but you get the idea.. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/im-not-even-engaged-yet-and-look-at-what-i-did.99214/

I can''t decide if I want my girls to wear purple or black...I don''t want the purple flowers to compete with purple dresses....but I dont'' know if I want the only purple to be the flowers....hummmm....something to think about
33.gif

That''s all I got for now...some ideas here and there...but I''m soooo glad that we have this thread now!!! YAY Freke
36.gif

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
So when is your wedding? January 2, 2010

What are you doing to make it even more wintery? Hmmm, michigan in january is pretty darn wintery! But our colors will be muted and cool, if that counts.

Did you choose winter for a reason? Yes! Fiance will be in his third year of law school, so we decided to do it during his winter break. We are NOT summer people, so summer is out, I have brothers/FBIL that play/coach college football, so fall is out, and FSIL is getting married late spring, so we decided we''d do winter and space it out!

What is inspiring you in the middle of winter? Hmmm, gray skies, bare trees, the calm quiet after a snowfall, I love Michigan winters! Our colors are gray (like a true gray) and dusky gray/blue, as well as white and black.

And what ideas do you have that you might want to share? I am loving the idea right now of using Mistumata branches (they are white and very wintery!) in my centerpieces, maybe with some hanging votives? Who knows, still exploring..

I''ve attached my most recent favorite color inspiration board....soo pretty!

grayblueboard.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and thanks for starting this thread, Freke!

35.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooo more inspiration boards!!!! (Sunnyd, this means you!)

I need to add my purses to this, but I''m going to wait until I figure out what shoes I''m going to have too...

And keep your fingers crossed that my MOH fits in her dress!!!! (She''s usually a size 2 on top and a size 4 on bottom, and the dress is a 2.) I''m pretty sure it''ll be fine, but we''re both still nervous about it!!! (Calvin Klein black satin V-neck knee length dress, originally $160, on sale for $33. Dillards again.)

Wedding collage freke.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Love that stole Freke!

You know, I''m still torn on your earrings + topaz, or just topaz, dilemma. Now that I see them together, I''m thinking you should just wear both because they go well together!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
LOL, I gotta make a new one! Nothing on the original is applicable anymore. BRB...

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Freke,

Your inspiration board is to die for. I absolutely love winter weddings! I also love your color combination. You have impeccable style!

glueck

Shiny_Rock
I cant wait to see you in the silver dress with that amazing stole. A glam knockout!!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo, gorgeous! So we''ll get to see your dress in...20 hours or so? With the stole? And your shoes? mmmmmm, drooling...

Right now my date is in June, but depending on the outcome of this weekend there is a 99% chance that I will join you as a winter bride! Woo!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woot choro!!! Come play with us!! We get to throw snowballs and build snowmen!!!

And thanks for all of your lovely compliments ladies!!!!

BTW, I''m thinking white roses for my and my MOH''s bouquets, with bright blue ribbon tied around them. And maybe have FI wear a blue (maybe French blue?) shirt.

And I really need to get on that whole setting my topaz thing...

Dress should be here in about...17 hours? Maybe more or less? Problem is I may not be home to get it and I''ll have to rely on FI or my neighbor!!!! Keep your fingers crossed!

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
I"m winter wedding too!

Our colors are white with a touch of black. Since my only BM is my sister, she will be in black, but I think we are doing white/ivory flowers. I may end up making my bouquet a bright color, like hot pink, but everything else will be white. I''m thinking white dresses for my two flower girls. FI will probably wear a tux to the wedding, but then just a suit for our Saturday night party.

The main flowers will be peonies with probably roses and lillys...my mom''s BF is a florist, so I"m just kind of letting them do their thing.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
New inspiration board!

max6546545.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
That wasn''t right, I made changes to it. Blasted bridal canvas!

max6522545.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I love it sunnyd!!!! I can't wait to see it come to real life!

ETA: And I just ADORE the back of your dress!!! It's amazing!!!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 12:33:53 PM
Author: sunnyd
That wasn''t right, I made changes to it. Blasted bridal canvas!
That has such a nice feel to it - sunnyd! i love love love that bouquet!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 12:38:32 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Oh I love it sunnyd!!!! I can''t wait to see it come to real life!

ETA: And I just ADORE the back of your dress!!! It''s amazing!!!!
Me too me too!!!
9.gif
I just wanna put everything together already. LOL!

Thanks Freke and Violet!! I likey my dress a lot too.
5.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Great idea Freke! I haven''t thought too much about colours and stuff yet, but here goes...

So when is your wedding? December 28th
What are you doing to make it even more wintry? I''m thinking Winter Wonderland for a theme .I was going with silver/blue, but I think it''s too cold for me, so I think I''ll have golds, creams, and don''t know what else yet...
Did you choose winter for a reason? I looooove Christmas! Also we live abroad, so do a few of our friends, so it''s one time everyone will be home.
What is inspiring you in the middle of winter? I love the "warm indoors" aspect to winter - cozy fires, good food, good cheer, and going a little overboard on everything!
And what ideas do you have that you might want to share? I really want to have a projector making "falling snowflakes" on the walls. I don''t know if this is even possible yet...I''m also having fireworks! That''s a secret, only me, FI and my parents will know about it! I''m even going to surprise my BM''s. I''m thinking that instead of flowers as centrepieces, I''m going to have gold branches with decorations like crystals and little baubles.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG I''m totally loving all these gorgeous Winter wedding ideas - Freke, sunnyd, LeeNY, you ladies have such beautiful taste and I can''t wait to see pics of these amazing weddings!

(Almost) makes me want to get married again LOL
2.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
HI! Sorry I have been MIA :( Just with the car accident and dealing with all of that crap it has consumed me.. and then ebay... i have been WAY to obsessed with ebay.. LOL bad I know

So when is your wedding? February 13, 2010!

What are you doing to make it even more wintery? Umm Well my colors are somewhat wintery... tiff blue, purple, hot pink (hehehehe), black, and silver!, and of course everything that sparkles :)

Did you choose winter for a reason? YES.. I H-A-T-E summer here! it rains ALL the freaken time and I''d just be so nervous even though my stuff is inside... Also- our bday are in december so we didnt want to get married before them.. and well we had to move up our date to february instead of march but i love it! :)

What is inspiring you in the middle of winter? Well I like the way the snow glistens... and reminds me of sparklie stuff.. so umm i have to have lots of rhinestones and crystals and everything that sparkles.. hahaha :)

And what ideas do you have that you might want to share? Umm well ya''ll have already said most of them.. I AM getting a white stole.. on ebay.. about to bid on it.. SO NO ONE BETTER BID ON IT>> OKAY! LOL Its the one the Spaoozie seller is selling.. I had one in my watch list last week but someone got it before me! :( But I also emailed this girl that got one (when I searched for white faux fur she came up on a knottie bio and asked her what it was like) and she said she LOVES it and its pretty nice for the quality of it being fake.. she says its a really nice fake... so yay! :) But I also might go check my dillards now thanks to Freke :)
Oh and I am using feathers because they kick butt... I need to go gather my pics and post for ya''ll :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a pic for you guys...

TADA!!!!Dress and Stole.

ETA: Sorry it's so big...

IMG_3379 sized.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
OooOOOhhhh!!! Pretty!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
It''s perfect! More, more, more! Do we really have to wait until tomorrow to get your shots?
8.gif

btw, thanks for posting about the stole. If I become a winter bride, I''m getting one!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results