shape
carat
color
clarity

Winter Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. We had a really nice day today. I got Marty off the couch about 3. We went downtown and ha a burger. Then walked around for awhile. We tried to find a new coffee shop he heard about so drove around. Then stopped at Cold Stone and had some ice cream. We went outside to set but I found the tables in the shade and breeze chilly so we stood out in the sun. I went to get us some napkins and when I can back outside the sun was in my face, hair was blowing in my face and I missed a step and fell down. Sigh. My knees are so bad I have a hard time getting up by myself so that put a damper on our afternoon. I am not hurt but sore anyway. My pride is more hurt than anything. I do need more Advil.

We are meeting Marty's sister tomorrow for shopping and dinner. That will be fun.

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yoga--restorative practice--was just that. I feel human again!

Again fine weather--I might try and run outside; if not a brisk walk will do.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi!

Sharon, I am glad yoga revitalized you. That is nice you are having good weather.

We met Marty's sister at the outlet mall today. She is in Denver for business. We shopped for awhile and then had lunch. The weather was gorgeous down there.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy-I hated to read that you fell. Are you okay? I get so mad at myself when that happens. Did you have a nice shopping trip at the outlets? Buy anything good?

sharon-I wonder where everyone went too. I need all the help and accountability I can get! Matt is supposed to start back on weight watchers with me tomorrow. That will help.

We had a great visit with the kids this weekend, but I'm worn out. We took them home to KY today, and had our family Sunday dinner. Matt and the kids played their first wiffleball game of the season today. It felt like spring. Mom & dad lost a few trees due to weather, so their yard looks funny. Their property is surrounded by trees on all sides so there are bunches of them and they've been there since I was a kid, so them missing was very noticeable. I have hit my my back with a lot of medicine and therapy the last few days, and I'm cautiously optomisitic in saying I think I'm starting to feel better. Maybe I can take a short walk tomorrow. Have a great day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, thanks and yes I am okay. I am relieved to hear your back is doing better. We did have fun at the Outlets. I got a wristlet that matches my new purse and a billfold. Marty got another sport coat and a driver (golf club). We all bought snacks at Harry and David. My SIL is in a class in Denver so she took some snacks in for that and we had to stock Marty's break room. LOL. That is great Matt is going back on WW with you. It sounds like you had a nice time this weekend with your nieces and going home.

Work wasn't too bad today. I had 2 one on one's. I had to give an employee a verbal warning. I met with my boss on the progress of an employee who is not where they should be given the time on the job. The personnel issues are keeping me busy.

I met a friend at Sears at lunchtime to give her a ride back to work while they fixed her car. We had Subway for lunch. Then I picked her up after work and we had supper at Applebees. I had 1/2 of a burger, a few fries and then some warm chocolate chip cookie sundae. Okay, it wasn't horrid till dessert. Her ex forgot to pick up her kids at day care so we had to run over to Sears and get her car so she could pick them up. The day care closes at 6 and they fine you for being late. She was sure upset. I would be too. I offered to go set with the kids till she got there but they had her out of the shop in no time.

Well, take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy-Sounds like you found what you were looking for at the Coach outlet. Hmmm... Marty's breakroom... I'm afraid if Matt worked from home he'd eat all day. He snacks all day on Sat and Sun, so I think he'd be hopeless during the week. Too bad about the personnel issues. Right now my department is going smoothly, but my poor friend who is manager of another department always has pretty big personnel issues. She looked pretty drained today. One of my employees works at Applebees in the evenings. I get the best service there now! I'm glad you're okay after your fall.

I forgot to set my alarm this morning and woke up an hour late. Matt dropped me off instead of the other way around, so I ended up being only a few minutes late for work. I had cottage cheese and blueberries for breakfast, a ww frozen meal for lunch, and we stopped by Cracker Barrel for dumplings, carrots and green beans for dinner. All of my snacks today were fresh fruit, so I didn't do too bad. It is raining so hard that Lily won't step off the porch to do her business, which means no walk for me. I'm going to have to do a really slow mile the first time anyway since I haven't walked in almost 3 weeks. Matt thinks my back looks less swollen today, which is probably due to a combination of medicine and ice packs. I hate ice packs. I'm off to bed. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, Marty likes snacky, crunchy, salty things and we usually just get him pretzels but he likes the different flavors of things you can get at Harry and David. We go there a few times a year to get some different things. I feel sorry for your friend with personnel issues; it can wear you down mentally. I hate ice backs too. I like heating pads so much better but I know the ice packs can help. I find them a bit uncomfortable on sore joints. That is wonderful the swelling appears to have gone down. Good idea to take it easy when you venture out for your first walk. It sounds rainy there. Mmm dumplings.

I woke Marty up a little while ago. He's on the road. He has an office phone and one of our phones in the living room can be on either line. I called my cell phone to see which line it was on and my cell phone comes up "Marty" instead of "home" and like a dolt I think "ooh it's Marty calling again". I pick it up and keep saying "Marty, Marty . . ." I could hear a TV in the background. So I text him and say "did you call me?" He was asleep. So then I keep explaining what happened and he is like "I'm sleeping". I will sure hear about that tomorrow. Maybe he'll just forget if he went back to sleep right away.

My mom lost her cell phone. She never wants a new phone so we use her upgrades all the time (she is on our family plan). So I guess I'll have to buy her a new phone. My sister has an old one on the same carrier so hopefully she can use it. We are available for an upgrade until August which may be cheaper to just add a line then drop one but I don't know if you can pick which line to drop. She will only want a basic phone but it looks like they cost anywhere from about $100 to $350 for full price.

I am off to bed. EARLY. Wow.

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a day. I can't wait until our busy season at work ends. I had a team meeting to try and soothe frayed edges and one of them went off and pretty much abruptly ended the meeting. I let the fight go on for awhile then moved on. We had a lot of work to do today as well.

A friend of Marty's had an old flip phone and said I could have it for my mom so I took him home at lunch and picked up the phone. After work I went to see if my mom would like it and she did. I tried to call her other cell phone and I could hear it ringing. We found it in a bag in her closet. She still wanted the new phone. I came home and tried to activate it online but it didn't work. I went to Verizon and got in line. The guy told me to dial *228 and activate it that way. It took me 3 times but it finally worked. They didn't have any cases for it so I went to the mall. I got her a cure little bag that has a pocket outside for the phone and a zip pocket. After I got it activated I put in her phone numbers. Now let's hope she can use it okay. It is very similar to my dads phone so I hope that helps.

I had my leftover 1/2 sandwich from sat night for supper. We had fresh fruit at work today for a birthday. It was great. We got a tray from SAMs club.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy-I'm glad you got a phone for your mom. I think we have convinced my mom to get an iphone. I think she'll find it pretty handy. The kids have complained about her not having texting for so long that she caved. We have ordered a new computer for her and will get her a wireless router too so she'll be a high tech granny. I couldn't convince her to get a laptop because she was used to a desktop, but I do believe she would like an ipad. We can get everything for her for around $1000, which really isn't bad at all. I'm sorry to hear that your team is having issues. Hopefully everything will work out with no permanent damage to the group. Hard feelings are tough to overcome. Your phone call to Marty was funny, even if he didn't appreciate it!

Lily and I are outside enjoying a magnificent evening. It already smells like spring outside. We tried to walk last night, but my back locked up when we were about 1/2 mile from home. I thought Matt was going to have to sling me over his shoulder and carry me home! I made it by myself and immediately took anti-inflammatory medicine and put an ice pack on it. I will wait a few more days before I try again. Matt is doing some kind of basketball tournament office thing with his friends this evening, so I stopped on the way home and picked up a piece of grilled chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans for dinner. Breakfast was cottage cheese and berries, and lunch was broccoli and rice. Lily and I may go for a little car ride to TCBY for some hand scooped yogurt. Sounds good. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Deegee, I think your mom will love an iphone. How nice you guys are getting her a new computer. I don't know what will happen at work but it is sure wearing me out on top of being busy. Sorry to hear your back locked up on your walking. Glad you were able to make it home okay. Ouch! Did you and Lily go get yogurt?

I started my day at the dentist for my 6 month clean and check. The tooth that has the dead root sticking out is worse but I knew it was. He was very surprised it isn't hurting me worse than it is. Of course all the pushing, poking and scraping on it really flared it up but usually it's not too bad. Anyway he said the tooth cannot be saved so it will have to be pulled and then I'll have to get an implant. I asked if it would hurt me if I didn't get it pulled soon and he said other than comfort it can wait until I need it pulled.

I got to work about 9:30 and worked on my stack of papers. I met a friend for lunch then finished up some more of my stack of papers. My in-laws are putting their house for sale again and a realtor needed their key and wanted to meet me somewhere. Since I haven't had time since Sunday to do some things around the house I gave her 2 options - meet me at Lowes at 5:30 where we can get a key made or wait until Saturday. Mean aren't I?

Wow, a big plane must be landing or taking off the house is shaking.

I bought a kids meal at McDonalds for supper and some of their low fat yogurt.

Have a great evening!
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Almost Friday! I am excited that tomorrow is my last day of work for the week and that Marty will be coming home. Yippee!

Work was only mildly insane today. I met a friend for supper at Olive Garden. I had half of a lasagna and will take the rest to work for lunch tomorrow. I went and picked up a few groceries on the way home. It was very nice here tonight, I didn't even need a coat.

I took some goofy Teddy Bear pictures tonight to amuse myself with by posting online while Marty is on the road tomorrow.

I stayed up way past midnight last night so I hope to make it to bed on time tonight. Which I just remembered I left my rhodolite garnet ring soaking in diluted Windex for about 2 hours now. Gotta go . . .

Have a great Friday!
Marcy :wavey:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy! It was a super busy day at work today, which made the day pass really fast. Great for a Friday! Matt took today off to watch basketball all day. He really needed a day off because he is getting really stressed out. We went out for dinner. I had spaghetti and salad, and we stopped at McDonald's on the way home for a vanilla ice cream for me and a shamrock shake for Matt. We stopped at the grocery store this evening too, which was an absolute necessity since we haven't been since my back did that thing about 3 weeks ago. Tomorrow is mom's birthday and I'm in charge if the cake, so I definitely had to get ingredients. I'm making a carrot cake with cream cheese icing. Yum. The walk around the store did me in and I'm on the couch with my feet propped up while Matt is walking Lily. I feel like such a wimpy chick right now.

Marcy-I'm glad Marty is coming home today. Matt has to leave on Monday but will be back Wednesday night. He was in Houston for the week last week, home a week, and then gone again. Wah. Sorry to hear you have to have a tooth pulled. My mom had to have that done a few weeks ago and is waiting for it to heal well enough for the implant. She said it didn't hurt that bad and she didn't take any of the pain medicine they gave her. Of course, this is the woman who broke her ribs back in November and only took 1/2 pain pill a day for 3 days afterwards. When I broke my ribs in my wreck, you better believe I took my pain medicine. I probably got a refill too! You & Marty have a relaxing weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you are having a great weekend.

Deegee, sorry grocery shopping did you in. Your cake sounds yummy. I am sure your mom will love it. Lucky Matt having a long weekend. Did Matt get a chance to visit Whiteflash when he was in Houston? I hope you rested this weekend and your back is doing better.

Marty got home about 7:30 lat night. I was at our astronomy meeting. I went out with a few people afterwards and brought home a piece of apple pie for Marty. He had to work on a project last night and part of today. He did go play golf this morning. I meet them at the club after for a drink then we went out for lunch.

I worked from home for a few hours this morning, had a few emergency calls this afternoon then went in about 8 tonight for an hour. Hopefully tomorrow will go better for us.

I was honestly considering picking up a new iPad last night. But online reviews commented it gets hot and also it is about as heavy as the first iPad. I would like the great resolution but don't want something heavier.

Well take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! We had a great day at mom's yesterday. My sis made chicken & dumplings, my other sis brought green beans and corn, and I brought carrot cake. After we ate, Matt and the kids had their weekly wiffle ball game. After the game, Matt had mom sit down with him to custom build and order her new computer from the HP website. We got home late last night and slept in today. We went to our favorite pizza place for dinner and stopped by the grocery store for a few fresh fruit items on the way home. I was able to walk a mile tonight, all by myself. My back didn't lock up. I had to ice it as soon as I got home, but still a small victory! My chiropractor picked up my purse on my last visit and griped at me because it was too heavy. I showed him what was in it: wallet, glasses, bottle of advil, 2 iphones and an ipad. He asked if it was really necessary to carry an ipad when I have 2 iphones. Absolutely! Although I feel like leaving my work iphone in a drawer.

Marcy-have you looked at the ipad cases on the coach website? They don't have many and I probably don't want to spend that much on one. Maybe the next time I get one of those $100 coupons. I didn't realize the new ipad was heavier. My chiropractor would frown. Matt didn't go to Whiteflash when he was in Houston. I don't know why the thoughts of a trip to Whiteflash doesn't excite him like it excites me! I'm really torn between ordering the 4 ct bracelet from WF or ID Jewelry because of the price difference. I have several things from WF and know I love the quality, and I know that ID doesn't use as high quality diamonds in their bracelet but I'm having a hard time convincing myself to spend that extra $ to get the WF version. Ugh! Sorry you had to work from home this weekend. I hope everything is going okay.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy! It is down right hot here today...85 when I left work. My spring/summer clothes are stored in tubs in the spare bedroom closet and I probably won't go digging around in there until the weekend. I guess I'll just roast until then. I had every intention to walk tonight, but I chickened out at the last minute since I'm by myself. I'm afraid my back will lock up when I'm too far from home, and then I'd be in trouble. I had a salad and baked tostitos & salsa for dinner. Sad, but really low in points. Matt is thinking he will be home tomorrow evening rather than later in the week, so I have my fingers crossed. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! Welcome to a new week.

Deegee, woo hoo for walking a mile this weekend without your back locking up on you. Progress. Good idea not to try walking tonight since Matt is out of town. Too funny the chiropractor checked out the weight of your purse. I always have to watch how heavy my purses get. I get stiff necks from them. Can you forward your work phone number to your own cell phone? We saw some of the Coach iPad cases when were were there over a week ago. They looked nice. The new iPad is about .12 pound heavier than the iPad 2. I looked at a new iPad today and the screen resolution is really good. I think I’ll take my iPad 2 in tomorrow and look at something side by side. Of course it doesn’t matter since the few stores in town where I can buy one are all sold out as of today. Tough decision on where to get your beautiful diamond bracelet.

I had another busy day at work but it settled down about 3 pm today. Yay. Hopefully things will calm down soon. I want to do some serious training with my newer employees. We will have about 1 more busy month then we get slow for a few months.

I left a roast cooking in the crock pot today and Marty baked us some assorted veggies to go with it. We had some white wine left so we each had a little wine with dinner.

I have been chewing on my tooth for a few days and it hurts quite a bit right now. Not one of my brighter moves.

Take care! :wavey:
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results