shape
carat
color
clarity

Winter Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! Work today was super busy, but the day went by super fast so that was good. Matt was supposed to have a root canal today, but the endodontist decided he only needed a crown and sent him on his way. He was a happy boy, especially after all of that whining and feeling sorry for himself this morning. He can't handle any kind of pain. He took me out to Chinese for lunch, and for dinner I had a piece of leftover meatloaf and salad and Matt had leftover chili. We went to TCBY for dessert since I had a bunch of points left. We're getting ready to take our walk, but will probably only walk about 2 miles. I haven't been able to go the full 4 miles all winter.

Marcy-I think a lot of people at that Coach outlet buy stuff to sell on ebay. I can tell a lot of those people aren't there buying for themselves or buying gifts by the way they're grabbing and not really looking at the items. Sometimes I think they should start limiting the number of bags people buy, but I guess Coach doesn't really care as far as that goes. I am glad to hear that Marty's follow up appointment went well. I'm always threatening to shop up to work in my flannel jammie bottoms and a sweatshirt. I think I'd get all kinds of work done like that.

Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Deegee, glad to hear Matt only ended up getting a crown. I have a dental appointment in a few weeks and I need to get some major work done. Aak. How was your walk and TCBY? Both sound delightful! Was work better today? That is an interesting thought about who is buying stuff at the Coach store. That would make sense. I think it would be divine to go to work in warm, comfy clothes. I'd sure enjoy myself better.

Work was not as hectic today as yesterday. I had 1/2 of a leftover sandwich for lunch. Tonight we had rice and some more London Broil. Most of the card players at work are moving on or going to another building so I was thinking today once it warms up I will probably start walking at lunch at work. That will be good to get in some exercise during the day.

Marty made reservations for our CA trip. Ouch to the cost of the rooms! I need to save even MORE money than I was planning. I told Marty it could be our Christmas present - we'll just do stocking stuffers. It is going to be a blast though.

Well, I am off to jewel jet my rings. My diamond was looking smudgy last night. Marty is watching some stupid vampire movie anyway and I am not a fan of vampire movies. Don't know why - nothing else bothers me I just don't like to watch them.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening! Today was another interesing day. A piece of scrap sheet metal (I think) fell out of the sky and hit my car on the interstate this morning. Unlike the deer incident, this time I have damage. It suddenly appeared as it was hitting my car. I guess it fell off a truck ahead of me, but I didn't see any likely suspects. Maybe it flew over the interstate wall like the deer did. Yesterday a helicopter landed almost right beside me right off the shoulder on the interstate, and that really freaked me out because it popped up over the mountain and landed...I didn't see it coming. A life-flight helicopter landed right in front of me on the interstate once before when the road was closed due to an accident. How many people can say a helicopter landed next to them twice on the interstate? I'm curious at what tomorrow brings. It's been a strange week. We stopped at Cracker Barrel on the way home, and I had breakfast food. It tasted soooo good.

Mrcy- I'm so excited for your CA trip! It will be awesome!! Totally worth whatever you spend. I have an appointment for crown prep in a couple of weeks. It will be my 5th, but no root canal for me this time. Woo-hoo! I have an eye appt tomorrow. I'm having some trouble seeing and am wondering if my bad eye has gotten worse. It is already at -7.5. Eek. Taking a lunch walk sounds good. We have a lot of walkers in our office that walk in the neighborhood behind our office. Since we walk in the evenings, I have always been too lazy to walk at lunch. It would be nice to get out for fresh air during the day. Maybe I can convince my lunch buddies to give it a whirl a couple days a week.

Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, holy flying metal that you got hit today. Sorry to hear it damaged your car. I hope you didn't hurt yourself though. That would be scary. Marty was heading to Denver once and a semi lost one of it's metal wheel covers that came flying right at our car. He took to the ditch at about 75 mph. It was bizarre he took the car that day since he usually takes the truck. He would have either hit the wheel cover or rolled the truck trying to get out of the way. The helicopter is really strange. You are right that would not happen too often. Breakfast for supper sounds good. Hopefully your adventures tomorrow will be good ones. It seems like you, Matt and I have all had lots of teeth problem recently. Let's hope that improves too. Good luck at your eye appointment tomorrow. I sure miss the vision I had with gas perm contacts but my eyes are too dry to wear them anymore. Yes, I know our trip to CA will be worth it. Marty is getting in some golf off his bucket list. It's a good thing we called for reservations since that time of year is booking up fast. Good idea to see if you can find some walking buddies at lunch. I know quite a few people where I work go out even in bad weather. I am more of a fair weather walker mostly because I am always cold and I don't want to walk on ice.

The wind is howling out there so I probably won't sleep well tonight. We are getting gusts up to 65 mph. Snow is coming in but they are only expecting an inch. With the wind it will probably just blow over to Nebraska.

Good night. :snore:
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more day till Friday. Woo hoo!

Hi everyone. :wavey:

We had lots of ice on the ground this morning. Aak. I hate that stuff. Today's high was about 16 here with wind chill.

I had fruit and cheerios for breakfast. Lean cuisine for lunch. Beef and noodles for supper with raw veggies.

I worked on bills and paperwork tonight. I need to start looking in to our taxes soon.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I didn't do well on calories today. My friend at work who is leaving for a new job was having a going away luncheon today with her department and they invited me to go so I said yes and we went to a pizza buffet. Aak. Tonight I had part of a cinnamon roll after our astronomy meeting. What was sad about the luncheon is 17 of us RSVP'd and only 7 of us showed up. Something was down at work and so 10 of them had to stay and try to fix the problem. We had this giant table set up for us and only about 1/3 of us were there. We took back 2 pizzas though.

Marty booked our tickets to CA today and reserved a car for us. Save, save, save!!!

I took my new camera with me to our meeting tonight. We have our meetings at a local greenhouse and so I took a few flower pictures with my camera. Strange there weren't many flowers in bloom - it's like the dead of winter or something. :bigsmile:

We are meeting my family for dinner tomorrow. That will be fun. Maybe I can take more pictures.

I hope everyone had a great day and will have a happy and healthy weekend.

Marcy :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know most of us are tired of winter so here are some pretty flowers to enjoy and make us realize spring is out there somewhere. Sadly even in a greenhouse the flowers were few and far between in February.

crop1.jpg

crop2.jpg

crop3.jpg

crop4.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I didn't sleep well last night. It is 9:30 and I feel like it is 2 am. Rats. Marty had an eye appointment at 7:30 so we got up early. After he got home we ran a few errands then picked up my parents to take them with us for a family get together. It was fun. We met at an Italian restaurant. I had spaghetti and meatballs. Then we went to my nephews house and had strawberry shortcake with angel food cake. My poor mom doesn't get around well and can barely get out of chairs or the car. She was getting in the back seat and had her hand around the frame to the front poor and Marty didn't see it and started to shut the door on her fingers. They didn't get broke but 2 of her knuckles got cut. She was getting better as the day went by and Marty feels terrible about doing it. I told him from now on we will wait until she is in the car before I get in.

We watched U571 tonight. It was popcorn movie night at our house.

Tomorrow is grocery shopping and house cleaning day.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy-pretty flowers! My lilies are already popping through the soil, the azaleas, pear tree and hydrangeas already have buds because we have had such a warm winter. I hope we don't get a freeze that kills everything. I'm sorry to hear that your mom is having a hard time getting around. I bet Marty does feel bad about her hand, that had to really hurt. It was an accident...he wasn't expecting her hand to be there. I have a real hard time getting out of a car, which is why I love my suv...slide in, slide out. Too bad so many people had to cancel on your luncheon the other day. I hope everything worked out okay and they got the problem solved. With both the deer and the piece of metal, we were driving my suv instead of Matt's. Mine is AWD and handles very well, and isn't top heavy like Matt's. Even though it is damaged a little, I'm glad we were in mine. I hope you had a nice family dinner...aside from your mom's injury.

My back went out on Thursday. I was just walking around the car to get in the driver's side after Matt got out at work. I went for electrical stimulation, ultrasound, and physical therapy on Friday. My doctor told me to ice my back a lot, be sure to take my medicine every 6 hours, and don't attempt to do anything all weekend. I have done just that. I read the 3 books in the Hunger Games series, read the 2 magazines I get each month on my ipad from front to back, and Matt and I have watched several movies and shows he had recorded. I plan to try to go to work tomorrow, but I don't think I'll make it the whole day seeing as to how I can't sit up for very long. I have to go back for more therapy tomorrow. Needless to say, food hasn't been very healthy. Today we ordered pizza from Papa John's. We really need to go grocery shopping because I'm out of fresh fruit, but that will have to wait. Matt just started The Princess Bride, so I've got to go. Have a good day tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I am sorry to hear about your back going out. Get better! I am glad you took it easy this weekend. Good luck trying to go to work tomorrow. My mom said she was fine today. Only the cuts on her hand bother her when she washes her hands. I took her a Bronco's pin for her hat and a star / moon tap light so hopefully those will make her feel better.

Hi everyone! I hope you had a great weekend.

My day was derailed by Angry Birds. My 8 year old nephew was telling us yesterday how to get golden eggs in Angry Birds. We did a search this morning and found there are 27 of them so we went searching for them. Marty and I spent 2 to 3 hours doing that. Of course he already had 15 to start with but I only had 3. He has some for all 3 stars. The only way I'll get those eggs is to loan my iPad to my 8 year old nephew for a week. LOL.

I made it to the grocery store about 11:30. I made mini meatloaves and au gratin potatoes for lunch. We didn't eat until before 2 so we had some toast for supper.

This afternoon I decided to do our taxes. We get a decent refund. Sweet. I was expecting to pay. If we get a refund next year we will try to figure out different deductions. I would rather pay a little or break even than get money back.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy-have you played Temple Run? I got addicted to that one. I played for hours one night. There was one thing I couldn't do, so I did ask my niece to get me past it. I've been trying not to play it because once I start, I waste a whole lot of time! We haven't done our taxes yet. We'd rather owe a little than get a refund too. No sense loaning your money out for the year to get it back with no interest.

My back is feeling better after 3 visits to the chiropractor, 3 physical therapy sessions, a lot of ice and anti-inflammatory medicine. At least I can walk and sit up again. I think I should be back to my normal pain level by the end of the week. We tried to walk last night but only got about 1/4 mile away and had to turn around. I feel like such a wimp! Matt is out of town until tomorrow night so I didn't attempt a walk on my own tonight. Poor Lily is stir crazy, and ran at least 10 laps around the house at full speed when I let her out this evening. I decided today that my portion sizes have been creeping back up there, so it is back to weighing and measuring food. I also have been recalculating points for foods I eat to make sure my memory isn't fuzzy, and that I'm not remembering point values the old way instead of the new way. I had yogurt and blueberries for breakfast, leftover spaghetti for lunch, and macaroni and tomatoes & salad for dinner. Probably too much pasta, but totally within my points. I had a ww ice cream bar too. I sure can't wait until I can start walking regularly again. I miss it. Have a great day tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! We had a busy day at work but time went by fast. I had leftovers for lunch and made us burgers for supper. I used the 100 calorie english muffins for buns. They worked good. I did have a girl scout cookie with my ww frozen chocolate bar for dessert.

Deegee, I have not tired that game. I will have to look in to that. I agree, I don't like loaning out my money for the year. Good luck with your taxes. Glad to hear your back is doing better. Good idea to start weighing and measuring food again. I need to dig out my scale and just leave it out. I weigh out my cereal but have become lax on everything else. Hopefully you'll be back to walking again soon. I am sure Lily is anxious to get back out there for a walk.

Marty is coming in to work tomorrow for lunch to play cards. A friend of mine is quitting tomorrow so it will probably be our last card game at work.

My company signed me up for some management class the next few months. It's at the school I used to teach for; I don't really want to go back there but I guess I'll go to class. Hopefully it's an informative class.

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Howdy folks! :wavey:

Work seems to be preventing me from having any fun and getting to the pool/gym. Must stop THAT unhealthy practice!!!

Went to the pool and also to the gym and did the treadmill high and hard. Felt good--glad to know my muscles have memory. :bigsmile:

Some random lady at the pool told me my "abs" were her inspiration and has started to emulate my water work-out (running against the current)--I was humbled and a little embarrasssed :oops: ...but if it works for her, great!

cheers--Sharon

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
sharon-that'sawesome that you've inspired someone. That has to be very motivational for you too.

marcy-I hope Marty was able to make it in today to play cards. Too bad your card buddy is quitting. I leave my scale out too. If I put it away, I'd probably never use it. I really don't blame you for not wanting to go back to the school where you taught. They didn't do you right. I'd like to have a few management classes if they would actually be good classes. The few I have been sent to were pretty silly...goofy team building and role playing exercises. I hate those. I hope your classes are useful. Did you go see the Stephanie Plum movie? My mom asked me last night if I had, but I have not. She said it only rated 1 star.

We're having some terrible weather. There was standing water in the city streets downtown, standing water on the interstate, my entire yard is standing water and floating mulch, and my driveway has water flowing across it. We'll be up for a while watching the creek that runs through the back yard. I'm certainly not complaining though. We haven't had a tornado, but we are under a watch for a few more hours. Matt traveled home today, and thankfully arrived about an hour ago. I'm a major worrier and I hate travel days, especially when the weather is bad. I had yogurt and blueberries for breakfast, chicken, rice & salsa for lunch, and potato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner. I still have 8 points to use and I'm out of ww ice cream bars. Dang! I still can't walk around much so no exercise today. I should have stopped for physical therapy, but it was storming so hard that I just wanted to be home. They're closed after 11 tomorrow, so I guess I'll have to wait until Friday. Have a great evening!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, LOL at quitting that unhealthy habit of working. :bigsmile: That is awesome to have someone tell you you are her inspiration. :appl: How exciting. Keep up the good work!

Deegee, the tornadoes are awful. Sorry to hear there is so much water there; I hope the creek doesn't get up to your house. That is good Matt made it home okay. I am right there with your worrying when Marty travels. Marty did make it in for lunch today; we had fun. I won today too I have not gone to see the Stephanie Plum movie but I heard it was pretty bad. I'll wait until I can rent it on TV. ETA: We have another online Coach sale starting tomorrow. Yippee!
Breakfast was cheerios and strawberries. Supper was a junior cheeseburger and a few fries. We both had a low fat yogurt ice cream cone.

Marty woke up about 3:30 for no apparent reason so naturally I had a hard time going back to sleep. I told him someone at work was sending him subliminal messages cussing him out because he was there to help trouble shoot a problem. He slept in this morning but I made it to work on time. They had a little going away party for my friend that quit today so I spent some time over there.

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good evening! Matt is out walking Liky and I'm on the couch with an ice pack on my back and 2 cats at my feet. I feel like such a bum. I did well with food today, but have too many points left this evening and no ww ice cream bars to use some of them up. If I still can't walk much by this weekend, I'm going to have to send Matt to the grocery store without me. For breakfast I had yogurt and blueberris (I'm in a rut), lunch was leftover potato soup and a cheese sandwich, and for dinner I made taco salad. I need somehing sweet, but I don't think we have anything that won't set off a snacking spree this evening. I'm in a snacky mood.

Marcy-I didn't get an online sale notification. A few weeks ago I got aggravated with all of the junk emails I was getting so I unsubrscribed to a bunch of sites. Yikes! What if I removed Coach?! Oopsie. I haven't received coupons lately either. Dang-I bet I did goof. Poor Marty waking up in the middle of the night. If he is like Matt, he tossed and turned and sighed really loud until you woke up. Men.

Have a great Friday!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-You may have heard of this since you live in a bigger area than me, but I just read an article about a local eye doctor who has started carrying high tech frames. The temple contains a battery and a button that lets you change them from distance vision to up-close vision. The lenses are sinilar to LCD technology and you have to charge them in the evening, but I think that sounds too cool! Especially since the bifocal thing is probably not too many years down the road for me. The article said they were $1300 for the frame, lenses and charging station. My glasses are usually $600, so that doesn't sound horrible to me. The eye dr told me last week that I wouldn't be a candidate for bifocal contacts because my prescription is too strong.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, sorry to hear your back is still giving your grief. Darn it! That is nice to have Matt take care of some things for you liking shopping. It's rough not snacking when you are stuck at home and not doing feeling too good. Get better! Marty is definitely like that when he wakes up. I can lay quietly in bed and not wake Marty up but he tosses and turns and sighs very loud. That is usually what gets me more than anything. Guys! :bigsmile: Good thing we love them, huh? Rats you didn't get the coach email. I was going to buy a wristlet that matches my new purse but they were sold out right away. Marty said we could do a "road trip" this weekend and see what they have at the outlet store. Sweet! Those glasses sound pretty interesting! I sure miss my distance vision that I had with contacts.

Work was crazy and busy today. Marty and I went out for supper. We went to a local Italian restaurant. I had cheese raviolis and a glass of wine. We stopped by the club to sign in for their cash drawing. It's up to $500 so wish us luck!

I am glad tomorrow is Friday. We are expecting a little snow tonight and tomorrow but then the weekend is warming up to the 40's. Woo hoo! A heat wave. :appl:

Take care!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! We have spent most of the evening under tornado warnings. We don't have a basement so we pulled everthing out of the closet under the stairs and planned to grab Lily and the cats and head there if the siren sounded. Tornadoes hit all around us, but not here. We had really hard storms. My family in KY had to take cover, but everyone is okay. Scary evening. I've been through several of these, and I get more freaked out each time. We weren't able to go out tonight and we don't have much in the way of food at the house. I had leftover potato soup and Matt had a bowl of cereal. Definitely no walk tonight.

marcy-I hope you find what you want at the outlet. I guess the next time I go, I need to sign back up for emails. I hear you about the sleep thing. I can lie in bed awake all night and Matt snoozes the whole night, but if he can't sleep, we're all up. I don't get that. Good luck with your cash drawing! If you win, buy something fun!!

I officially changed my work hours to go in earlier so I can leave earlier at the end of the day. I'm definitely going to have to start going to bed earlier during the week. I'm exhausted tonight! Have a great weekend.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I sure hate to hear you had tornadoes in your area. Those are so scary. Glad you and your family are safe. It looks like there were quite a few places hit pretty hard too. I feel bad for those people. Good idea to change your hours and getting off early. That will be nice. I would have a hard time getting up early. I am tend to hit my snooze alarm. How is your back doing today?

I am so glad Friday finally arrived. It was a long week at work. I picked up take out for supper. I got Marty some cheese and onion enchiladas and I got myself 2 tacos. Marty is outplaying poker so I did my housework and am working on laundry. It will be nice to have that out of the way for the weekend. If only my grocery shopping was done.

Have a great weekend.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday! I sure hate to see the weekend coming to an end. We had waffles for breakfast, I made Marty some bacon to go with his. Marty looked firmly planted on the couch so I decided to make homemade soup. We ate about 2. We split a small peach cobbler for dessert.

I have been busy today working on my wish list for jewelry. Of course I need to get some money first. :bigsmile:

Speaking of jewelry - Deegee how are you coming on your birthday anniversary gift? :appl:

Have a great evening.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Sadly Monday morning reared it's ugly head with the abrupt and noisy alarm and I was soon back at work. At least I was busy so the day went fast. I took a friend to lunch who is quitting Wednesday. She is actually going to the same place my other friend is going and they didn't know each other at work. We went to olive garden.

Weather was nice here today except for the wind. Maybe spring is in the way.

Well not much new with me. Take care.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! Today was a long day because I had a hair appointment after work. I feel like I'm always there, but my hair grows really fast and I have about an inch of gray showing at my roots after only 4 weeks. Ack! We had tornadoes on Friday, 5 inches of snow yesterday, and it was 71 degress today. I'm so confused by the weather. I had planned to run my car through the car wash on the way home (still haven't washed it since before the deer incident), but the line was ridiculous. It's been filthy for this long, a few more days won't hurt. Food has been pathetic this week. We haven't been to the grocery store for over 2 weeks and we have a pitiful selection of food in the house. Matt is out of town, so last night I had a Boca burger on bread with pickles (no buns, tomato or mustard to be found) and a bowl of lettuce with salad dressing. We don't have anything for snacking, either. I dropped my cup of yogurt on the floor as soon as I pulled the lid off in my office this morning. I stunk all day like yogurt-it was all over my pants and on my wall. So for breakfast I had a banana. By lunch I was so hungry that I went to Cracker Barrel for dumplings. I stopped by KFC for grilled chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans on the way home tonight. So full! No walk-still can't walk far. I'm afraid to go by myself right now because I have a fear of getting away from home and not being able to make it back.

Marcy-Matt is in Houston this week. I told him that he really should swing by Whiteflash and pick me up a tennis bracelet. He isn't far from them. I think those have a 2 week lead time, though. Of course, I'm still trying to decide between a bracelet and having my ring reset. And then do I want a 3-stone or a split shank halo? And if 3 stone do I want round or pears? Or what about a solitaire with a nice diamond band? See what my brain does to me? Argh!! Do you have a big jewelry shopping list? You'd laugh at my small collection, but as you can see it's my own fault. I'm sorry your friend is quitting. Is that your card buddy?

Have a good evening!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I hope your day was better. I dropped some spaghetti sauce on my shirt tonight but I wasn't going anywhere else so that's good. I don't blame you for not wanting to go for a walk with Matt out of town and your back hurting. Do any of the local grocery stores deliver? Our Kings Soopers does for $10 and there are days I seriously consider trying that service The first time is free. I always have a long wish list of jewelry. :bigsmile: You have several great choices there. Decisions, Decisions. Maybe Matt will just surprise you with a treat from WF. I don't know if they have pieces of jewelry just ready to "go". The girl that quit last week was one of the card players. I met her for lunch today though. Your wild weather changes sound like what we get around here - sometimes in one day. LOL. Today was pretty chilly but we are looking at 60 degrees this weekend. Sweet.

My day was busy. Our software is having problems because of the DST change this weekend. It is keeping us on our toes. My swing shift works 4 10's but I am running in to them not getting their work done on schedule because of their days off. About 3 today I realized we had a problem that the lady off today hadn't finished her work through Monday that we will work on tomorrow. 2 of my day shift employees got it done for her. I had to go test software again right when we found a big problem. It was a LONG day.

We had treats for a birthday today but it was healthy and I didn't eat much. We had veggies and dip, cheese and crackers. I had a taco for lunch and we had cheese raviolis for supper.

I spent several hours tonight trying to upgrade the software on my phone and iPad. My phone is still trying to sync. The iPad was done right away. We looked over the specs and upgrades on the new iPad and sure don't think it is worth it over an iPad 2.

Well, take care. Have a happy and healthy Thursday.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I was going to ask you when you were getting the new ipad. It doesn't look like enough reason for me to switch. I don't use the camera and my speed is pretty fast. The screen resolution I think you would notice if you compared them side by side, but mine is always so dirty that the crud would block it anyway. Matt hates all things about jewelry shopping. He doesn't care if I get something, but he wants me to take care it. He has some kind of jewelry phobia I guess. That stinks about testing software. I feel for you!

I went for an adjustment and therapy first thing this morning. My appointment was yesterday after work, but I was stuck on the interstate for over 2 hours and couldn't make it. They understood and worked me in. We joked that Matt's connecting flight from Charlotte to Charleston took less time than my drive home. I stopped at the pharmacy after my appointment this morning to buy an ice pack, and the darn thing leaked all over me. Even my undies were wet. Matt dropped me off this morning because I'm having a hard time right now, so I could't go home and change. I'm glad my pants were black! We stopped for spaghetti for dinner on the way home. We absolutely have to go to the grocery store because our cupboards are bare. None of our stores deliver, but someone suggested that I order on Amazon. I hadn't thought of that. Have a great day tomorrow!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I agree. I don't think the new iPad is worth the upgrade. I like my iPad2 just fine. I ordered another back from Amazon like we both have in blue this time. I also bought a book on Photoshop Elements 9. That' is my big expenditure for the week. I am sorry to hear you are still not doing well, get better! I am sure you in a lot of pain. That is no fun! Marty is kind of like Matt with jewelry, just pick what you want and it's yours. I hope the adjustments helped today but rats to the ice pack leaking all over you. Shopping on Amazon for food? Wow. I never thought of that. Good idea! We used to be able to go to the local BX when Marty was in the guard. I sure stocked up on dry goods then. We have a Sam's membership but since there is just 2 of us generally their mass quantities are too much for us.

My day was crazy and busy. One of my employees was on vacation today so I did her work and had to do mine as well. DST once again wrecked havoc on us with our reports. I was ready for a drink by 5 so luckily about 5 Marty texted me he was at the club and wanted to know if I wanted to join him or if he should come home. I said order my usual, I am on the way. We had a drink then went to supper. I had a lean cuisine pizza for lunch and real pizza for supper. No need to tell you which was better.

At least tomorrow is Friday! Yippee!

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy! I was feeling so lousy last night that I hit my back with everything in my arsenal... Muscle relaxers, my stongest pain medicine, anti-inflammatory meds, tens unit, ice, Matt pushing hard on knots, and nausea medicine because my back was hurting so bad that I was nauseous. After all the meds, I was rather loopy this morning and stayed home. I was going to attempt a half day, but decided to hang out on the couch with my feet up instead. My 3 nieces are coming to stay the weekend, but I think they want to visit with Lily and the kitties, so I won't be too much of a drag. I have had a saltines and sprite today. I'm staring to get hungry.

marcy-I think I need a new cover for my ipad. The magnets on my smart cover aren't holding it on so well lately. My niece ordered one from Amazon that is like a smart cover and hard back all in one piece. I might get one of those. I lost my stylus too. I think they cats knocked it under something. We don't have a Sams card because we don't really have a place to store bulk goods! I'm sure that frozen pizza was way better than a piping hot, fresh one...no doubt. I have about decided to go with the bracelet because I'm too far away from figuring out the reset. Give me another month or so to be sure!

Gotta go take pain meds before it wears totally off. Have a great weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I sure hope your pain starts to ease up. It sounds very painful. Ouch! Have fun with your nieces this weekend. My smart cover works really well. The case with smart cover sounds nice. You'll have to let me know how it works. You will love the bracelet.

Friday finally arrived and I goofed off most of the evening. I am working on laundry. Marty is playing poker tonight. His sister is in Colorado this weekend so are going to meet her for dinner and shopping sometime.

I am pretty tired right now. Marty had to get up at 5 am for a conference call. Ugh.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Does anyone wonder what happened to all those who used to post here? I think I read a (solitary) post from Rod months ago...... :((

Anyway, I went to the pool/gym Thur and Friday and worked it hard! My legs are sore today, but I plan to do the restorative practice today at yoga for 1.5 hours. It is heavenly.

Our weather is also heavenly--15C! Very decent for this time of year--we are getting spring snow (March is our big precipiatation month) and the mountains are loaded. I had planned to go skiing Friday--but ended up at the gym/pool b/c I had too many errands to drive the distance to great skiing.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I do wonder what happened to everyone that posted here. :(( I am glad you are having decent weather. We are having nice weather for a few days. That's nice you had time for a good work out but sorry you missed out on skiing. We tend to get a lot of snow in march and April. Spring blizzards are so fun but at least they melt fast.

We slept in till about 8 today. Marty is tired but I can't believe he isn't out playing golf right now. I made breakfast and have just been goofing off since. It is almost noon though so I'd best get busy.

Have a great day.

Deegee, I hope you are doing better today.
Marcy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results