shape
carat
color
clarity

Winter Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, glad you got to go swimming today. The weather is pretty nice here too. Strange for January. We are getting a little snow on Wednesday with a high of 17 degrees.

Work was okay but busy today. I left a little early so I could get to the eye doctor and have them fix my glasses that broke this weekend. Then I went to the mall and Target to wander around for awhile. I had some Christmas gifts to exchange at the mall then picked up a few things at Target. It was fun to just wander around.

Take care. :appl:
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! Marcy-how are you getting along? I've decided I won't complain about Matt's trips anymore. I hope the week goes by fast for you. Matt leaves on Tuesday next week for the rest of the week. The trip was planned for Monday, but Matt changed his departure because Monday is my birthday. Have you been able to talk to Marty?

Sharon-a nice swim in a warm pool sounds wonderful. I got a chill while we were walking last night and I can't shake it.

Today was busy at work. I'm sitting at the salon right now with color on my hair. I'd like to get my hair cut somehow, but since I didn't think about it beforehand, I think I should probably skip it today. I got the most awesome complement yesterday-I'm still tickled by it. I saw a lot of Matt's coworkers at the Christmas party in December that I hadn't seen for 3 years-since the last Christmas party. One of his coworkers told me yesterday that he didn't recognize me at the party and had asked someone who Matt was there with. AWESOME. He said he hadn't seen me since I lost weight. Time for me to get my hair rinsed. Have a great evening!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I am doing okay. The girl friend I usually do a thing or two with (including buying TV's off Craig's List :bigsmile: ) is on vacation this week so I am really bored. I have not talked to Marty this week but get some emails from him. When I get up he is working, when he gets off work I am working, when I get home from work he is sleeping so it makes it hard. You can talk all you want about Matt traveling. It's hard on us whether it's a day across the state or a week a few thousand miles away. We like our DH and like to have them around. I am glad Matt changed his plans for next week so he'll be home on your birthday! Are you guys doing anything special? I hope you aren't getting sick since you got a chill last night. What a great and nice compliment that someone didn't recognize you with Matt. Woo hoo! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I spent my day at work documenting things and typing up notes on meetings. Paperwork is boring but necessary. We had our monthly meeting. I was going to go in to some team building and resentment between the shifts but I decided to let it run it's course. We are going in to our busiest months and don't want to generate friction where there isn't any. We got a Kudos from my boss and his boss today - we've gone 14 months without any errors going out in our final product. That is amazing! I think I'll take the team out to lunch or something. We've never had an error free year in the 12 plus years I've been there. We don't make many mistakes but we've had one to mistakes get past us every year. I am very proud of them. I stopped at a neighborhood restaurant to have a soft shell taco for supper. I told her to just bring me about 6 to 8 chips with salsa so I wouldn't eat too many of them.

My Mac Office disk showed up so I got it installed on my new MacAir.

Snow is moving in tonight. It is going to be cold but only with about 1 - 3 inches of snow.

Well, I am off to watch some TV and get my nails painted tonight.

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday!

I woke up at 2:30 am again. Marty emails me before he goes to work so when I wake up I get up and read them. Of course then I am awake enough I can't go back to sleep for awhile. He thinks I am flake that I will check for emails from him. He will be really busy tomorrow. He has a class till noon, then goes in to the office, has 3 meetings scheduled until 8, then has to get back to his hotel and try to get some sleep since he'll be leaving early Friday. I hope he sleeps on the flight from the UK to Chicago so he won't be really tired driving home.

We only had about a 1/2 of snow so the roads were icy but melted off by noon. It is sure cold there. It said 11 degrees on my dash when I came home. We've been in the 40's lately so that was quite a shock going to and from work.

I had leftover pasta for lunch and made myself a hamburger and baked potato for supper. I ate raw veggies waiting for the potato to get done.

Take care. :wavey:
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy-how awesome your team got kudos at work! Congrats to them and you. My problem child has made a year's worth of mistakes in the last two weeks. Argh! I feel like I've been griping at him nonstop since I got back from vacation. Some are current mistakes that we fixed before they became issues, and some were mistakes made in 2011 that we're just finding because they are issues. Matt and I aren't doing anything special for our anniversary / my birthday weekend. I invited my 20 yr old niece to hang out here for the weekend. She and her boyfriend broke up yesterday, and it was probably the first time she's had her heart broken. If she ends up not coming, Matt and I will go out to dinner somewhere tasty. He's been nagging me to pick something out, but I told him that these things shouldn't be rushed. I hope Marty is able to get plenty of sleep on the plane. You'll be tickled to have him back home.

It has poured rain all day, and on the way home it was thundering and lightening. After midnight the rain turns ice and snow to make things slippery for the morning commute. I'm glad the rain we had yesterday and today wasn't snow because we'd be snowed in for days! We have so much water standing in the yard that the mulch around the landscaping (which is mounded up from the ground several inches) is almost completely immersed in water. Matt and I plan to take a "fun Friday" afternoon tomorrow, which means a late lunch at Pies & Pints (specialty pizza and beer) and then couch shopping. I think tomorrow would be a great time to stop by a local jeweler in Charleston who is open 8-5 M-F, and not at all on Sat & Sun. I can never get there! I made chicken fajitas and rice for dinner. I have done really well with food and walking this week (I resurrected my trusty pedometer), but I have had too many sweets. Someone brought me a piece of homemade carrot cake on Tuesday that I just couldn't pass up, and someone brought in awesome pineapple cherry cupcakes with butter
cream frosting today. I'll go back to being strict next week while Matt is out of town. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, thank you for the kudos. We've just barely caught some mistakes but we caught them. I understand your frustration with your problem child. I am right there with you. My patience is wearing thin with my problem child and the rest of the team is getting tired of it too. It makes for a tense situation all around. Good luck to both of us. Sorry to hear about your niece breaking up with her boyfriend. That is tough. Hopefully she'll come visit you and Matt to just get away for awhile. Are you going to ask for something sparkly for your birthday / anniversary? Have a great time on your Fun Friday outing. Maybe that jewelry store will have something you can't live without. I have been good at meals this week but bad on snacks. Tomorrow I try again.

Our performance appraisals were due today and I smugly thought I was done about 3 weeks ago. Wrong. I was wandering by our director's office and he called me in there because he couldn't see my comments. I filled in comments in each category but forgot to fill in the final summary paragraph. He told me to copy the overall results comments and put them in the summary comments. Nothing like a director having to ask you to finish your appraisals. He was Marty's boss though and is very nice to me. I found a few typos so I went through them all again anyway.

After work I went to Office Max and to the mall. I had to rings I wanted sized and needed to pick up some batteries. My mom wants a Broncos pin for a hat but I couldn't find her anything. I am doing a batch of laundry tonight and just watching TV.

Have a great Friday.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday! Marty should be home in about 90 minutes. Poor guys ended up with about 3 extra hours in Chicago. Initially the plane was late, then couldn't get to the gate, so they finally boarded the plane then sat there for about 90 minutes because they had some warning lights come on for the exit doors and in the cockpit. Then when everything checked out okay they had to stay there and fill out paperwork. He said he was getting coffee and heading home. I suggested he just get a room then come in in the morning but he wants to get home. Boy that plane made good time between Chicago and Denver. It was a little over 2 hours. I asked him if they gave him a hard time coming through customs with the crown jewels he bought me. For some reason I don't think he got me some.

Te day at work seemed to take forever to get to 5 pm. Probably because I was anxious to get home. I had a kids hamburger meal for supper.

Tonight I've been playing scrabble and just surfing the Internet. I doubt Marty will move much past the couch tomorrow.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I slept over 8 hours. Too funny. I can't sleep while Marty is gone, he hits the house and I sleep all night long. He got here about 11:30 last night. He is still pretty tired but we both woke up about 8:30 today. We were pretty lazy today. I made breakfast (basic toast, eggs and bacon for Marty, breakfast potatoes, wheat toast) and we had personal pizzas at Old Chicago for late lunch. We did some shopping at Office Max and Sams Club. I wanted to see a Canon camera I am interested in buying but neither place had one.

Marty's suitcase is setting in the living room but I think I'll worry about doing the laundry tomorrow. I want to watch the Broncos and Patriots game tonight.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It can't be Sunday evening already! Nooooooohhhh!!! Marty is off tomorrow. He keeps asking me what I'm doing to tomorrow. The brat. I will be at work. Darn.

We didn't sleep 8 hours last night - I stayed up reading until about 12:30 and then Marty woke up before 6. I made waffles for breakfast and made Marty some bacon to go with his. We went to the grocery store. He made himself some shrimp curry dish and I made meatloaf and a baked potato for my lunch. We have meatloaf now for lunches this week. We had an English Muffin for supper. Remind me NOT to let Marty butter mine muffin again - he must have put 2 tablespoons of butter on it. D'oh!!!

I got Marty's laundry done and we watch a movie today. I've been reading tonight.

Later :wavey:
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! It's been a busy (and fattening) couple of days. My niece ended up not coming to stay over the weekend. It was snowing really hard on Friday and not a good day to travel. We had our Fun Friday, and went to a late lunch at Pies and Pints with some friends. Afterwards, Matt and I went sofa shopping. I'm replacing the sofa in my reading room, AKA the family room. We have had this one for 13 years and while the frame still looks like new, the cusions aren't terribly comfortable anymore. Of course, looking at furniture has me wanting to re-do the entire family room. I came home with a bunch of fabric samples. I hope it doesn't take me 3 years to pick something out like it did with the countertops! For our anniversary Saturday we ate at another of our favorite local restaurants called Soho's. It is located in a renovated warehouse that also houses the farmers market and shops, so it's a fun place to visit. I had lasagna and white chocolate bread pudding for dessert. Yesterday we went home to KY for my birthday dinner and cake with family. I requested spaghetti because my mom's homemade sauce is my all-time favorite. I haven't decided where I want Matt to take me for dinner tonight, but he's on his way home so I'd better think fast. He is heading out of town in the morning, but has promised to set the treadmill up for me tonight so I can get back into walking faithfully. We tried walking last night, but the cold was really painful on my joints. Now that my bday & anniversary are over, I have absolutely no more excuses for being so darn lazy and eating poorly.

marcy-glad to hear Marty made it home safely. I hope he had a productive trip and is all rested up for work tomorrow. Matt should be home Thursday night, so I'm only looking at 2 sleepless nights. Funny to look at it that way! I never know what to fix myself to eat while he's gone either. Usually dinner is a Frosty and maybe a salad. It's weird, but instead of getting easier it seems to be getting harder each time he has to go, even if it is just for a few days. I hope Marty is home for a good long while. Too bad he forgot to bring you those jewels! I was really pulling for your Broncos. I reallllllly don't like Brady. I think I have decided on a tennis bracelet instead of a rhr for my gift. I have always wanted one. I'll let Matt know and see what I end up with. Are you reading a good book? I downloaded The Hunger Games, but haven't started it yet. I gave my mom my Kindle. I left it connected to my account so that she could read the books I had already downloaded. She is surprised at how much she's liking it.

Have a great day tomorrow.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday, Deegee!!! :wavey:

I stayed up about an hour late last night reading. I am getting interested enough in the Stephen King book I want to keep reading. Marty took me to lunch today and picked me up for lunch. We met another guy from work who Marty hasn't seen since he quit in October. It was nice. I dropped Marty off and took my car back to work. By 5 though it was cold, snowy and windy but I had to stop and get gas on the way home. Since we had a big lunch we just had a few fast food tacos for supper. I hope we don't get a lot of snow tonight because the winds are going to be kicking up tomorrow.

Deegee, I am glad you had a fun weekend. That will be exciting to get a new sofa and do some redecorating. How much snow did you guys get there? How nice your mom made you her spaghetti, I remember that is what you had her cook for you last year too. It sounds good. You will love a tennis bracelet. I can't wait to see it. It depends on my mood how much it bothers me or effects me when Marty is gone. The first time he was flying overseas I was quite bonkers before he left. That flying over oceans really gets to me for some reason. Marty will probably try to go to Atlanta about once a month. Being new he wants to get to know the guys in they office. Thanks for rooting for the Broncos. They did far better this year than I ever thought they would but their final game was a decisive loss. Tebow will get better with a year or two of practice. I am glad your mom is enjoying your Kindle. We gave Marty's Kindle to his mom and left all our books on it for her.

Well, I'd best go get the dishes done so I can read awhile tonight.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. We have chilly and windy weather here but not snow. Yippee.

I was nervous at work all day. Marty was having a cancer spot cut off his ear so was texting with him to see how it was going. He had a spot cut off the same place about 5 years ago. They grafted some skin off his neck over the spot rebuild his ear. That spot had cancer appear there again do this time they wanted to keep cutting until they clouding find any cancer cells left. Poor guy was there from 9 to 2:30. He didn't have them do a skin graft this time. He would have to be very careful with it for over a month and since that spot was already worked on who knows how well the graft would take. I came home while he was at the doctor and taped up the ears of my teddy bear, his killer rabbit and 2 stuffed bunnies I have. I left them on the couch and in front of his computer monitor. I left him a card. He said he got a good chuckle out of my display when he got home.

I had leftover meatloaf for lunch and cottage cheese. For supper we split a steak and had baked potatoes and vegetables.

Later
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-poor Marty! I hope his ear heals well. My dad had that same thing many years ago, and his ear has a little dip in it now. Your display sounds cute. I'm sure he appreciated a little humor after being at the doctor for so long. You have a tennis bracelet? Do you mind me asking what size? I'm not sure what to ask for. Based on the size of the individual stones compared to a necklace I have, I thought I'd ask for a minimum of 3 ct, maybe 4. I don't know what's good for an everyday bracelet. I am planning to send him the link for the ID Jewelry page.

Wow-what a day. And that's all I have to say about that. I had to run a few errands after work, so I stopped by Panera Bread for a bowl of broccoli soup. I decided I wasn't in the mood for a Frosty for dinner. I bought a carrot cake muffin too because my day was so lousy and I had plenty of points leftover for the muffin. Lily and I tried to walk this evening, but we only got a mile in because of the wind. I guess that's better than nothing. Matt is thinking he may be home tomorrow night. I sure hope so, because I'm feeling needy for some reason. Have a great day tomorrow!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy. It's been a long day here-well, for Matt that is. He got home last night around 9 and had to be in his office this morning at 6 for a phone call to Mumbai, and then was in a meeting until 6 this evening. He picked up a pizza on his way home from work, ate and then promptly fell asleep in the comfy chair in the family room. I have been fighting something all week, and ended up staying home and sleeping all day. No lie-I slept all day. I got up at 4:30, and I feel like I could go back to sleep if I got in bed. Cold weather really messes me up. I couldn't live where you are, Marcy! Have a great Friday!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. We went to “Let’s Make a Deal” at the golf course last night. There were 8 of us at our table. They kept buying drinks. OMG did I get drunk. I was in bed by about 10:15 and surprisingly didn’t feel too bad this morning. One more week to go and they still have 2 nice prizes in 10 envelopes. I am sure we’ll go next week too however, I am not planning on drinking that much though. LOL.

Deegee, thanks for the well wishes for Marty. He is doing okay. I think it will heal okay. My diamond bracelet is a 2 ctw. I like to wear 2 bracelets together the other being a gemstone one to match my RHR. If I was getting a diamond bracelet to wear by itself I would want the 4 ctw. I hope your day went better than earlier this week! Glad to hear Matt got home. He had a busy day. I am sorry to hear you weren’t feeling well. I am sure sleeping so much was a big help. I sure get tired of cold weather.

Have a great Friday.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Happy Weekend! We took the kittens to the Vet this morning for shots, came home for lunch and were getting ready to head back out for couch shopping when Matt decided to take a nap, so I'm killing some time. Yesterday was another one of those days. I only worked 3 days last week but it sure seemed like more than a full week to me. One of our programmers greeted me at my office door when I got in yesterday morning and said "we need to talk." I tried joking around with him but he didn't crack a smile and I knew I was in for it. He followed me into my office and told me that the source code for the benefit calculation program for one of the retirement systems I administer had been erased and there was no copy. Oh no! We have to start from scratch. I pulled out my original testing file for that program and mercy...we have a lot of work to do to get it back. Later in the day our director pretty much comfirmed one of my fears (and predictions), that we're going to have to scrap the work on the nightmare project that we did last July-October and start over. On top of that, they finally switched my laptops out so that the mini laptop is my main work computer and it hooks nicely to the little hub on my desk. However, they forgot to load anything on it for me to be able to do my job. It's been a week. Argh! I have done well with food, but not exercise. I haven'tbeen able to walk because it has been cold and rainy, which makes me hurt and I don'twant to slip and fall. The treadmill makes me achy too, so I'm kind of at a loss for what I can do that won't hurt.

marcy-your evening out sounds fun! It seems like anymore if I drink too much one evening, I sure feel it the next day. I'm getting old. Or maybe I have been behaving for too long. That sounds better than old. I hope you & Marty are getting some rest. Thanks for the bracelet info. I will be wearing it alone, so I'll keep that in mind. It takes me forever to get around to actually making the purchase. I don't know what's wrong with me in that area!

Have a great weekend!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The weekend went by way too fast! We work up to some snow and the bad part was the very chilly wind. It made it miserable being outside.

Deegee, how awful about starting over on those programs and projects at work. What a pain! That will be nice once you get your small computer up and working. It sounds like you’ll have a stressful and busy week at work. Good luck. Is there a mall nearby you guys can go walk around? I like to do that here in the winter. Did you guys go look at sofas again? That is probably a good thing to approach your jewelry purchases slowly. I get obsessed, do lots of research and checking and pretty much drive myself CRAZY trying to figure out what I want.

We had a busy weekend. Friday night we had our monthly club meeting. I gave the program and it went well. Our mini projector worked great. Saturday we had eye appointments starting at 7:45. The eye doctor had an intern so the guys spent a lot of time with us. I have not been able to see distance too well with the glasses I have so I told them right away they need to fix that. They found my tear ducts are clogged and told me to use a hot rag on my eyes for a few minutes in the morning and evening. My eyes have been dry and scratchy and I guess that is why. I always do the retinal photos and they found a burst blood vessel so they want to check me again in a month. My guess is that it is from sneezing. I have had some whoppers this past week. I ordered some new glasses and I am actually quite excited about them. Funny thing is they are from Tiffany & Co. They are rectangle light metal frames with plastic sides that are blue with little white “x” on them. I also took my a pair of Ray Bans I bought right before I quit wearing contacts. They said they could be made in to prescription sunglasses so I ordered them too. I spent every last penny on my HSA card and I am glad to get that closed out.

Last night we went over to a friends house for supper and to play some games.

Today we wandered the 2 local office stores; Marty wants a new desk and chair for his office. He ordered what he wanted tonight.

I made ribs and potatoes for lunch today so we just had a light supper.

I finished my Stephen King book. It was pretty good.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday! I set my alarm for 15 minutes early so I made it to work with a few minutes to spare. I've been cruising in the door about 2 minutes before I'm due. LOL. I was really hungry today for some reason probably because we only ate 2 meals yesterday. I had an English muffin and strawberries for breakfast. I had some cheerios about 10 then ate my sandwich and baked lays for lunch but ate it early. About 3:30 I was starved so had a 100 calorie snack. We had leftovers from supper and now I am hungry again. Oh well, I am NOT going to get up and eat something else.

Snow is coming back tomorrow. Rats.

I am cold so I think I'll start working on getting ready for bed during commercials. I need to pick out another book to read.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy! Today was a busy day at work, but my 2 morning meetings got rescheduled for Thursday afternoon, so that helped me get some things done. I made pizza for dinner-my side veggie and Matt's side pepperoni. My side is much prettier. We have been walking the past few nights. It has been warmer but windy. Tomorrow Matt is hosting an employee from Houston, so we'll be taking her out to dinner. I'm fasting right now because I have to have my insurance premium bloodwork done in the morning. I'm going to starve by then! I decided to go to bed early to help avoid snacking, and the 2 kittens (Max and Milo) and Lily Pie decided to hop in bed with me so it's a little crowded. We have a nice big king size bed, but the animals have to be touching me somewhere. The kittens are on my leg, and Lily is across my foot. I can't move!

Marcy-some days are just hungry days. I have a feeling that tomorrow will be like that for me since I can't eat until later in the morning. I know what you're saying about getting to work. I'm trying really hard there on time in the mornings...it was my resolution. I'm doing better, but I'm still hitting that snooze button too many times.if I had an eye appointment at 7:45 am, my eyes would be too sleepy for the exam! I hope you can see better out of your new glasses. My appointment isn't until the end of February. I have noticed lately that I'm not seeing great out of my contacts. I have a bad feeling that bifocals are in my near future. Ah! I hope you're not snowed in.

Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, that is cute that the "kids" have to be touching you and sleeping with you. Your pizza sounds good. Good luck with your bloodwork test tomorrow. Glad it is nice enough you can walk there. Have fun at dinner tomorrow. I am very anxious to get my new glasses. I miss my contacts but since I need reading glasses on top of contacts I was still wearing them anyway. I barely made it to work today on time. It was icy nd I did hit the snooze alarm once.

I had to go to HR today so took in some extra hallways to get in some extra steps. We had enough snow to be icy but not much else. The sun came out though so it's all gone now. I had leftovers for lunch and we hd cheese raviolis for supper. Marty cooked. Sweet.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. The week is half over. SWEET. we went to the last night of let's make a deal. We didn't win anything. After last week I took it very easy on the wine but Marty had too much this time. He is quite amusing tonight but went to bed early. We ordered in pizza for the 7 of us.

Work was okay today. Our director took us all out to lunch today for our error free year. It was very nice. I had a hamburger and cut it in half so I will have it for lunch tomorrow. I ordered fresh fruit instead of fries. Good choice!

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-too bad you didn't win anything ts time, but the Lets Make A Deal thing sounds fun. I hope Marty didn't feel bad today after indulging too much. That was really nice of your director to take your group to lunch. I don't mind the blood work and blood pressure thing for insurance, but it really irks me when they measure my waist. My waist has always been small, even when I was overweight, so it shouldn't bug me... but it does. There were a bunch of starving people at work yesterday morning. Since your premium depends on your numbers being in certain ranges, everyone made sure to fast beforehand. Everyone ran to the kitchen for food as soon as they were done. You'd think we'd gone without meals for days. So far I have been on time every day this week. If I get to work on time tomorrow, I'm framing my time sheet!

We took the nice lady from Houston to dinner last night. I felt like I had met my long lost twin! Not that we looked alike, but we sure had a ton of stuff in common. We were even dressed a lot alike and had on the same style of coat. We both lost 65 lbs on weigth watchers, we both quit weighing ourselves because we got fanatical about it, we ordered the exact same meal off of a huge menu right down to the salad dressing and dessert. She ordered first, and it was the meal I always het there. We had a fun evening. Today at work a very kind retiree that I have been working with (who lives in Alaska) sent my group pizza from Papa John's for lunch. I thought that was awesome. For dinner I had leftover dumplings & green beans from Cracker Barrel. It is pouring rain so no walk. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday. Have a great day!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, how strange the lady from Houston was so much like you. It sounds like you had a nice time with her. That was very nice of the retiree sending your group pizza. It is always nice to get a treat. Sorry to hear you has to stay in from the rain. We are getting snow tonight. So far we've had a mild winter. That is weird they take your waist measurement for those tests. Strange they base your insurance premiums on the test results. Marty didn't sleep well at all last night. He is tired but feeling okay today.

My new glasses came in today so I stopped by after work to pick them up. I like them. They are a little heavier than my last pair but I will get used to them. They came with a Tiffany box, case, bag and Tiffany cleaning cloth. Funny. I will have to get some pictures and post them in hangout on my Tiffany purchase. :bigsmile:

I picked up fast food for supper. I was going to leave a roast cooking but since Marty was sick I didn't think them smell of food all day would set well with his stomach. I will cook it tomorrow.

Well, take care
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. It is the weekend. Marty is playing poker tonight. I did a few batches of laundry and cleaned house. My sister is coming to town tomorrow. It sounds like my mom isn't doing well. She is really tired and sick with a cold and sore throat. She went to bed about 8 tonight. I hope she gets better.

My new camera showed up in the mail today. I hope to get a few photos tomorrow. I took some basic ones around he house tonight.
Have a great weekend.
Marcy.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I had a nice day except when the optician scratched up my new glasses. GRR! My prescription sunglasses came in so I went to get them. I took my other glasses off any one of the nose pieces fell off. So the girl goes to fix them, has to put 2 new nose pieces on and when I get them back they seemed a little smudged but I thought fine I'll clean them later. So about 2 hours later when I get home I get out glass cleaner and those smudges are scratches. Argh. I will have to go back at 7:30 Monday before work.

Other than that I had a nice day. My sister came to town. We went shopping. We all had lunch together and then met upmatnthe olive garden for supper. Tonight we watched Fifth Element.

Well I am going to get ready for bed.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The weekend is winding down. I finished laundry today and changed sheets. We met my parents and sister for breakfast. Marty made London broil for lunch and cooked assorted veggies under the broiler. It was quite good.

I am watching Contagion. I will be nervous if someone coughs around me. Lol.

I hope you had a nice weekend.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy- that really stinks that your new glasses got scratched. And having to stop by the eye dr before work wouldn't sit well with me either, even though my eye dr is right across the street from work. It's hard enough for me to get to work in time, let alone stop somewhere first! Apparently if you're a woman with a waist circumference over 35 inches, you're at risk for certain health conditions. They check your blood pressure, cholesterol, blood glucose, and waist circumference. I wish they'd do it before the holidays instead of in January.

My parents came to visit this weekend. They're in the market for a new car so dad wanted to go to the auto show. We had a good time and got a lot of walking in. Today for lunch we ate at the Olive Garden. They don't have one where they live and mom really likes to eat there. Matt and I ended up not really having anything for dinner since we had a big lunch. We're having some serious wind again today so we didn't walk. It was a struggle to walk to the grocery store from the parking lot. They weren't kidding when they issued a wind advisory. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Deegee, they are replacing both the lenses and frames. I will get them in about 10 days. It sounds like you had a nice weekend with your parents. How fun to go to the auto show. Darn the wind. We've had high winds for a few weeks here. Marty was on a phone call last week and had on his headset and the guy asked what that noise was and he told him the wind. We get a whistle at the front door and also on one of our down spouts. I hope the wind was better today

I got up 30 minutes early to go to the eye doctor. Work was reslly busy today. I knocked my iPad on the floor today but it is still working. Luckily. I had Cheerios for breakfast and leftovers for lunch and supper. Easy cooking. Sweet.

Well take care.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy and happy Monday. I stayed home from work today. I'm having a hard time with my arthritic body this winter, even though it has been warmer than usual. It's kind of a wet, windy warm and I wonder if the wet is the problem. Or it could be that I'm another year older. I think I could feel every joint in my entire body yelling at me this morning. I stayed wrapped in a blanket all day with Lily and the kitties keeping me company. I made Johnny Marzetti for dinner and I think I hear a WW Ice cream bar calling my name right now. Since I haven't had much to eat today, I might treat myself to one of Matt's Heath Klondike Bars instead. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, sorry to hear you were not doing well today. My arthritis is always worse on windy days. I sure hope you feel better tomorrow.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results