shape
carat
color
clarity

Windows In Oval Topaz

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
H

hlpkaixin3344

Hey guys,

I have recently purchased a 5.4 carat oval blue topaz in an 18k WG setting. It cost me around $130. I really like the colour (probably irradiated, but I dont mind). It has a nice sparkle, but now having read a bit about "windowing", i notice that mine has quite ahuge window. I am not too sure though, but I can even see my own finger from the top of the stone when i am wearing it.

The thing is, I am really in love with the stone''s colour, but now I feel really foolish for purchasing such a badly cut stone.
emsad.gif
. i am slightly embarrassed too. Any opinions on this? Is there any way that I can feel better about this? $130 may not be a lot to some, but coming from my background, i wont waste even a single cent on something that is not worth it. I feel so bad now

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I understand you completely; I''m also on a budget and pay attention on how I spend the money when it comes to jewellery (that''s why I rarely buy it...). Blue topaz is one of the most affordable gems so cutters rarely pay any attention to precision. My mom has one with a huge window as well.

What''s the setting like? If it''s simple enough maybe you could "draw the eye away from the stone" by having some ornamentations applied to it, around the stone. That would probably be the least expensive option.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would leave it as it is if you like the stone and setting. Most people don''t know what a window is and probably won''t notice it.

C

celine

Thanks for all the replies.

It''s a simple 4 claw prong setting... i think i will just leave it tho. And you''re right. Most ppl complimented its colour and size. Its just that after reading all the posts here that I feel bad for purchasing such an inferior stone. nah...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just enjoy it. Sometimes, we get too critical with older purchases.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results