shape
carat
color
clarity

Will you sell your dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond Confused

Shiny_Rock
Are you going to try to sell your wedding dress after the wedding or keep it?

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure yet. I told my fiance that I would decide after the wedding. He doesn''t want me to and he is very sentimental with things. I''m undecided.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not sentimental really, so I''ll probably at least post the dress on preownedweddingdress.com and/or ebay. My dress is one of those that looks scary on the rack and amazing on though so I''ll have to wait until I have pro pics from the wedding.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I want to donate mine to Brides Against Breast Cancer, but my fiance is being very resistant to that right now. For some reason, he''s really attached to the dress (even though he hasn''t seen it yet), and he wants me to keep it after the wedding. But I''m not planning on having children, and even if I did, I would want a daughter to wear a dress that''s her own style, not my crusty old dress. I can''t think of any other reason to keep it...it''s just going to sit and collect dust.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll probably save it. Being that it's not a "wedding" wedding dress. Maybe I'll be able to wear it again...

ETA: I should probably do something about my stupid debutante wedding dress though. That thing need to GO!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I''ll probably consign mine or try to sell it myself, and if it doesn''t sell after 6 months or so, give it to BABC. I don''t think that FI will care one way or the other. There''s really no reason for me to save it, and I''m not all that sentimental. In fact, I really wish I''d bought a dress from preownedweddingdress.com or a consignment shop instead of ordering one, but now I''m stuck. Oh well. I''d just prefer that someone else wear it and love it, than for it to take up closet space I really can''t spare and gather dust.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I''ll sell it. If there were a girl I knew who was my size and really loved the dress, I would probably give it to her or sell for a nominal price. It would be fun to see someone else I know get married in my dress!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I would like to. I am going to town on alterations (cut off the train, remove the crinoline, reshape it a bit) so I am not sure anyone will want it. But, hopefully someone does. I would much rather see it make someone else happy than to collect dust in my closet.

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
No, I wouldn''t ever sell it. I love that my mom kept her dress and has been able to show it to me even though I would never wear it to my own wedding. I''m not really someone who likes "stuff" around the house, but I think my wedding dress is worth keeping out of sentimentality.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 11:50:57 PM
Author: Winslet
No, I wouldn''t ever sell it. I love that my mom kept her dress and has been able to show it to me even though I would never wear it to my own wedding. I''m not really someone who likes ''stuff'' around the house, but I think my wedding dress is worth keeping out of sentimentality.

I''m the same. Plus I absolutely adore my dress and couldn''t see myself selling it.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
20.gif
I kept telling DF that I would sell the dress after the wedding to recover some cash. Then, I found THE DRESS, and the second I put it on, I knew it would be a cold day in hell before I sold it.

I came home with stars in my eyes; DF turned to me and said - so, you''re not selling the dress are you?

Err, nup!
40.gif

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
No way. My dress is 2 pieces and the top is all lace. I will probably look for a pretty black skirt to wear with it if I ever have something black tie so I can wear it again.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I said I would sell it, but almost 8 months later I still haven''t...
20.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup! Just did a few months ago. I had it in a closet for over a year, and never even pulled it out to look at it once. So I turned the money into some bling that I enjoy everyday instead!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh I like this idea neatfreak. A little bling takes up much less space, and is more wearable everyday. I could see myself thinking, this is the necklace to commemorate my dress
28.gif
...jewelry or not, I do hope to remain neutral enough to sell the dress after. I appreciate the sentimentality that some of us here have, my mom has her dress still...but...it''s also hung in a garment bag for close to 40 years, so I''m not sure about the point in all that. If I keep it, I want to know I''m doing something with it.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 9:32:57 AM
Author: mayachel
Oooh I like this idea neatfreak. A little bling takes up much less space, and is more wearable everyday. I could see myself thinking, this is the necklace to commemorate my dress
28.gif
...jewelry or not, I do hope to remain neutral enough to sell the dress after. I appreciate the sentimentality that some of us here have, my mom has her dress still...but...it''s also hung in a garment bag for close to 40 years, so I''m not sure about the point in all that. If I keep it, I want to know I''m doing something with it.

Ditto! I bought a trash the dress dress on CL from white house black market to trash in Galvestion for 50.00. I didnt want to use my dress, because I''d like to sell it for some amount of $$$, although probably not much, like 350.00 or so, lol.

If I cant get at least that...I''d like to keep it. No reason selling something it after I''ve paid big bucks for it if I cant get at least something for it!
20.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will never sell it. I plan on doing something that DH''s cousins do--every year on their anniversary she puts on her wedding dress and he rents a tux, they take a picture, and go out all dressed up. I love it!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I definitely didn''t! I have been putting off getting it cleaned since the wedding, since i like to put it on and wander around my parents when I go home
9.gif
(pathetic, I know!)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I did - for one thing, I had lost over 40 lbs since I got married (and kept it off) so it was never going to fit me again. Plus, I was able to use the $$ to get myself a digital camera that I LOVE and use a lot, so to me that was a more than worthwhile trade.

That said, now that I am smaller, I''d love to get another dress, maybe less formal and ballgown-ey than the one I originally had, and take some fun pics with DH in a tux.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Not in a million years!! I plan on vaccuming many a room in my dress one day
3.gif

ETA: Freke, I still have mine as well!! I actually always said that I would wear it as my reception dress, because it was one of the best nights of my life. LOL. I secretly try it on when I go home, to see if I can still fit in it
37.gif
. Eventhough my chest is quite larger, it still zips up!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 11:54:43 AM
Author: meresal
Not in a million years!! I plan on vaccuming many a room in my dress one day
3.gif

ETA: Freke, I still have mine as well!! I actually always said that I would wear it as my reception dress, because it was one of the best nights of my life. LOL. I secretly try it on when I go home, to see if I can still fit in it
37.gif
. Eventhough my chest is quite larger, it still zips up!!

HAHAHA me too, I don''t have a deb dress (never did one they aren''t a big thing here in QLD) however I got christned when I was 13 so I have that dress and yup still kept it.

As for the wedding dress - yes I will keep it, along with my mum''s wedding dress and if I have little girls one day hopefully one of them might like to wear it :).

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 10:43:39 AM
Author: Haven
I will never sell it. I plan on doing something that DH''s cousins do--every year on their anniversary she puts on her wedding dress and he rents a tux, they take a picture, and go out all dressed up. I love it!

This is what I want to do with mine, I love the idea of getting it out and wearing it every anniversary and having my (soon-to-be!) husband take me out dancing, and FI likes the idea too
1.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine wasn''t a poffy wedding dress so I had it altered and could wear it again to the right event. I planned to dye it, but was unsure how it''d turn out. Unfortunately, I''ve lost a lot of weight since the wedding and last time I tried the dress on it had to be taped to me. But it still looks good, promise!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure. I got a great deal on it, so I don''t feel like I need to reclaim any cash. And I love it...but I''m not particularly sentimental either. We''ll see.

My photographer wants us to dress up in our wedding clothes a few weeks after the wedding and take interesting pics where we might get the clothes dirty - the beach or woods or something like that. So if it gets wrecked that day I won''t pawn it off on anyone else
3.gif

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Sell for sure. The dress cost an arm and a leg and I don't feel right about keeping it in the closet for the next 50 years. My dress sketch and the photos will be the greatest keepsakes.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 12:11:38 PM
Author: tropiqalkiwi

This is what I want to do with mine, I love the idea of getting it out and wearing it every anniversary and having my (soon-to-be!) husband take me out dancing, and FI likes the idea too
1.gif
I love this idea! I was about to post that I would consider it but this is a really fun idea. I think FI would totally be into this as well. Thanks for passing on the idea Haven!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I love this idea Haven - so romantic! I am so going to do this - ensures that I will stay in wedding shape for good
2.gif

MaraJ

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 4:48:04 PM
Author: goldenstar
Sell for sure. The dress cost an arm and a leg and I don''t feel right about keeping it in the closet for the next 50 years. My dress sketch and the photos will be the greatest keepsakes.

Oh, goldenstar, please tell me we are similar sizes! I have been looking for a pre-owned Pepita for months!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m keeping it. I dont think I''d ever wear it again, but I''d like to take it out every now and then and look at it
30.gif
Sometimes I feel I should sell it since I paid a friggin arm and a leg for it. I also kept my Indian wedding dress, which would never be worn again, considering it weighs >15lbs!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I honestly don''t know. FI wants me to sell it and I think I''m ok with it, but I have this feeling I''ll have a hard time parting with it right away. Maybe I''ll keep it for 6 months and then sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results