shape
carat
color
clarity

Will you sell your dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
I already hired a "trash the dress" photographer in Lake Tahoe when we''re on our honeymoon. So I''m going to wreck it. Fiance doesn''t care, likes the idea of the neat, artsy pics that will last a lifetime instead of a garment bag in the closet for the next 50+ years. But the moms think I''m nuts for ruining it! lol

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''m definitely keeping mine, though I''m not doing what my mom did. She boxed hers up never to be seen again until I convinced her to open it up a few months ago! It''d been in that box for 27 years. FI''s mom never boxed hers, and her girls used to dress up in it. I like the idea of that.
4.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Definitely keeping!

Since mine will never date, DH and I designed it together, and the fabric was custom designed for me by my friend''s husband as a wedding gift it has a huge amount of sentimental value to me.

I''d like to hope that one day our daughter - or future grandchild - might want to wear it.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to sell mine right after the wedding, but DH was really resistant. So I waited 5 years and then sold it. If I had done it originally I would have gotten more money for it, oh well! If they had been doing trash the dress pics seven years ago I so would have done that!

I kept my veil and tiera, I figure a daughter/sister etc would be more interested in wearing either the veil or the tiera than they would my dress anyway.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I kept mine, and will hopefully someday turn pieces of it into a Christening gown. Then, it can go.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''ll probably keep mine. Fiance is sentimental about that kind of stuff, and actually wants to buy a suit for our wedding and preserve it with my dress.

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
unless i trash it, i''m am selling that sucker! i''ll never wear it again, & i''d like to get some money back.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Doing a Trash the Dress, probably at the beach & around my parent''s farm. So after that I doubt I can sell it. But maybe I''ll make curtains out of it or something. My dress is pretty beaded so something like a christening gown will probably be too weird. Maybe I''ll use it as a costume or refashion a hot top out of it :)

cakeny

Shiny_Rock
Good question. I think I''ll keep mine. But maybe that''s cuz i feel like it''s too soon to let go. Ask me in 6 months and I''ll prob change my mind. I do like the idea of incorporating a part of the dress into something that I can pass on to the next generation. A christening gown, or maybe i can sew a little part of the lace into my daughters wedding down (inside). I can see myself do something sappy like that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results