shape
carat
color
clarity

Will you please pick one for me??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
Please keep in mind that I don''t need an absolute perfect diamond but just a pretty diamond. So between these 2 which would you pick. I don''t have the IS back yet on the 2nd one but all things considered would you even consider looking at this stone? Also as far as the color on the 1st, I have an IGI I color princess so I am thinking it shouldn''t be an issue, what do you think? If you had the IGI I color princess would you consider that K stone? Here are the 2

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-45150.htm

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?find=1&cid=130&item=1221045

Thanks so much

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally I like the first one because I don't love the just "very good" symmetry on the second one. But I'm anal and I don't mind a bit of warmth.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2009 9:16:53 AM
Author: neatfreak
Personally I like the first one because I don''t love the just ''very good'' symmetry on the second one. But I''m anal and I don''t mind a bit of warmth.
I too prefer the first, I would like to see an Idealscope image for the second diamond.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Do you have a hold on the J/A stone because it says item no longer available . . . ?

My half carat pendant and 3/4 carat (total) diamond studs are K SI1/SI2s. I think that is a sweet spot for price while still having a beautiful diamond if you know your cut stuff. However, here you could get a bigger stone with one grade better in both color and clarity for the same price. The downside is cut, but the J is still a beautifully cut stone . . . GIA excellent, 1.6 on the HCA, shows nice (although nowhere near A Cut Above nice) symmetry in the picture. It''s also harder to find stones just under 1.5 carat like that. Unless you would like the most perfectly cut stone you can get regardless of an increase in price, I think the J VS2 is a better value. That''s the one I would get.

But if it says no longer available because somebody else snagged it (BTW that stone is listed through several vendors so it may be somebody other than J/A sold it), then I guess the fates have decided that an ACA is for you!

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
I would go with the first one. I am not sure if it is the picture or maybe my eyes playing tricks on me, but the center part of the second stone looks very slightly off...

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
Phoenixgirl, Yes I have the stone on hold while they are getting the IS for me. I will have the IS on Monday. I guess what confuses me, is would I really be able to see a difference between the ACA and the other stone. If not then I would rather have the larger one and you''re right for the same price. I have never seen an ACA,I have only seen pictures and read about them here, so I have no idea what I could be getting. The only thing with the ACA stone is the color, I know I will be ok with a J, but K, I am just not so sure. So I guess maybe the real question for me to ask is can you tell the difference between a well cut stone and an ACA? Thanks!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would wait for the IS on the JA stone.
Whats the price difference?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 3:55:19 PM
Author: Daisi2112
I would go with the first one. I am not sure if it is the picture or maybe my eyes playing tricks on me, but the center part of the second stone looks very slightly off...
one arrow is slightly off it has one broken heart so is near h&a at best vs h&a.
It is going to come down to price and the IS image followed by color vs size

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
Strm, the prices are very similar, I am not exactly sure on the ACA stone because I was offered a deal which totals 5750 for the stone plus my setting (4mm 14k cathedral). The JA stone is 5640 which is the pricescope discount price. Hope this helps!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 9:13:35 PM
Author: HeatherL
Strm, the prices are very similar, I am not exactly sure on the ACA stone because I was offered a deal which totals 5750 for the stone plus my setting (4mm 14k cathedral). The JA stone is 5640 which is the pricescope discount price. Hope this helps!
How much is the setting if you got a similar one from JA?

ie: compare total vs total...

Need the IS for the JA stone to advise but the total cost may make the case one way or another.

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
For the JA stone plus the setting total cost would be 6155 vs ACA w/setting at 5750. Price difference of 405.00. Which my budget is 6000.00, so I would be either a little under or a little over.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pricing is extremely close. I'd be extremely tempted by the JA stone for several reasons:
1. I can accept J colour but I'm not sure if I can handle a K.
2. The JA stone is larger by 0.2mm.
31.gif

I hope the IS comes out well for the JA stone. That would be the deciding factor for me.

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
Chrono, I know exactly what you are saying, this is the exact dilemma that I am having. Bigger stone, better color/clarity for a small amount of money. And I am with you on J/K color issue. But I am not sure about the cut and if I would be better off with the ACA.

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
Also wanted to ask, would I see a size difference of .2mm?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2009 3:05:27 PM
Author: HeatherL
Also wanted to ask, would I see a size difference of .2mm?
With direct comparison probably, not so much without.

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I have the IS back for the 2nd diamond, will you please tell me your thoughts...... I don''t understand why I don''t see a lot of pattern that I have seen with other IS images, I see the arrows but I don''t see the other things that make the pattern, it is just basically solid red with arrows.....I hope I am making sense.

1221045[1].jpg

snowbird3599

Rough_Rock
I am just a newbie but I think the first IS looks a lot better.
Dont know if it really make a difference with the naked eyes.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
JA stone has about 3-4 degree painting on some of the upper girdle facets.
No question about it the WF stone is better cut.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not seeing as much contrast in the IS. As with Storm, this is a nice stone but the ACA''s cut is a stunner.

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Strm, this is what I needed to hear, although I have no idea what painting is, I''m taking it that it is a bad thing, is this something that I would see??? Ok, I''m off to search on what painting means.

As a side note, JA told me it was a very beautiful stone, they said it had great light performance and optimal brilliance. I''m confused......

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Chrono, I was posting the same time you were. I''m glad you mentioned contrast in the IS, because that is where I was getting confused. I was calling it a pattern, but I guess contrast is the word I needed to describe what the IS was missing. So clearly in visual terms the ACA is the front runner? Would an average person notice any difference between the 2 stones?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is what I would do, since WF has a good return policy go for the ACA then if you cant tolerate the color return it.
I cant see paying extra for the JA stone....

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm fussy about cut on a diamond and would spring for the ACA. A well cut stone will help mask the face up colour. I'm concerned that if you go with the JA stone, you'll always be wondering what an ideal cut stone will look like.

Althought that 0.2mm sure is tempting...

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Strm, I think this is way over my head. The ACA will be my choice then. I''m getting tired of looking and just ready to buy.

Thanks Again!!!

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Chrono, You don''t know how much you two have helped me....The ACA is it, I am worried about the color, but the lady that I am dealing with told me that if I wasn''t happy with the color that the shipping would be on them. So really in all honesty what have I got to lose. The 1.45 was just very tempting with the size and the color that I really preferred. I would rather have the smaller prettier stone.....

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too, I''d rather a stunning sparking diamond above all else. I''m glad WF made an offer of the shipping return cost if you are not please with it. I''m keeping my fingers crossed that you''ll love it. I know I would.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2009 8:18:29 PM
Author: strmrdr
JA stone has about 3-4 degree painting on some of the upper girdle facets.
No question about it the WF stone is better cut.
Ditto the WF is the easy choice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results