shape
carat
color
clarity

Will you marry me?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jukes

Rough_Rock
Please...

VatcheLucere2.jpg

Jukes

Rough_Rock
For the rest of you...

.848 carats, E, VS2, Lucere cut mounted in a Vatche X-Prong...

and she said yes.

Adrienne

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!!

Was the first posting on the thread part of your actual proposal???

Jukes

Rough_Rock
So here's the whole story. We decided to go ring shopping together, because I didn't want to get something that she didn't like, but would be guilted into wearing. The only ring that we could agree that we both liked was the Lucida that we saw at the Tiffany store in Boston.

The Lucida was well out of our price-range (at the size that we wanted), so she went on a hunt for the non-name brand version. She stumbled through google to this forum, and has been addicted ever since.

It was here that we found out about Good Old Gold, and Johnathan and his crew. He has an absolutely wonderful website, and trust me, we looked at everything. Combined with this forum, we decided that the Lucere diamond mounted in a Vatche X-Prong setting was the closest we could get to an actual Lucida.

We ordered the ring about three and a half weeks ago, and she has been hounding me ever since. Sort of an "are we there yet" effect. I knew that she reads this column wistfully every day, so I decided that this would be the best place to make a surprise out of something that wasn't really a surprise.

It worked. I haven't used this screen-name before, so she spent all day wondering if this message was meant for her.

I want to thank you guys for all of the great advice that you give for the lurkers out there, and I definately want to thank Good Old Gold for finding this great diamond at just the right time. The ring is absolutely beautiful.

Adrienne

Shiny_Rock
1.gif

That is just priceless!!! I am impressed at your ingenuity, and think it's awesome that you managed to surprise her!

Congratulations, again!

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
That was pretty cool. Hopefully my guy thinks of a way to sruprise me since we're doing the same thing.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
That is tooooooo KEWL!!!!

What a neat way to make what she knew was coming a complete surprise!!! The unique stories here continue to amaze me!!!
love.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
How clever!!!! Great ring. Congrats to you - best wishes to her.

She did say yes - right?

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
That's such a great way to propose
2.gif

Very nice ring too
1.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
I love your creative proposal. And especially that you got a Yes!

Congratulations!
appl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results