Will you be drunk on New Year's Eve?

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nope, we are boring!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't drink. We'll be home by 9:30pm and I'll be in my happy place by 10: In my fuzzy PJ pants, on the couch with my dog snuggled up next to me, DH to my left, fireplace roaring, and something playing on Netflix. My teens in the next room watching their own stuff on TV or playing video games. Life is good!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubby & I will share a bottle of Champagne this evening, but will be snoring in bed well before midnight. I am physically unable to get drunk - I vomit WAY before that stage as i’m not very good at tolerating alcohol :lol-2:

We’ve had Prosecco probably every night bar 2 in the last 2 weeks, including a week at the Outlaws, who drink far too much over the festive period. We came home today. I feel like a slug. We do Dry January every year, but always push through to March, where we break the fast with some bubbles on our eldest daughters Bday.

Last edited:

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
Don't drink, don't lie alcohol.

The responses here have surprised me. I am usually the only one who doesn't drink; I either get treated like a UFO or with suspicion. People don't feel comfortable that I don't drink so push on the pressure. I am glad I am not alone in being 'boring'!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't drink, don't lie alcohol.

The responses here have surprised me. I am usually the only one who doesn't drink; I either get treated like a UFO or with suspicion. People don't feel comfortable that I don't drink so push on the pressure. I am glad I am not alone in being 'boring'!!
I'm surprised, too! I'm always, ALWAYS the only person at a social gathering who doesn't drink. Really interesting that there are so many non-drinking PSers! IRL I'm constantly getting puzzled looks and questions like, "Wait. You don't drink? Why?!"...as if there's something wrong with me. :roll2:

It's nice to have some company in the non-drinking camp, for once!! :lol-2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm surprised, too! I'm always, ALWAYS the only person at a social gathering who doesn't drink. Really interesting that there are so many non-drinking PSers! IRL I'm constantly getting puzzled looks and questions like, "Wait. You don't drink? Why?!"...as if there's something wrong with me. :roll2:

It's nice to have some company in the non-drinking camp, for once!! :lol-2:
The ones who say they don't drink are probably already drunk by now! :lol:

snowballs mom

Shiny_Rock
We will be going to a small celebration to share some wine with friends. Probably will be home well before midnight since we are all old and can't stay awake that late anymore...

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NOPE. don't drink.

martini.gif
:bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope and I hope to be asleep well before midnight. :bigsmile:
Happy NYE everyone! Wishing you all peace and joy, love and happiness and good health in 2019 and beyond.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well... I'd already filled 84 scripts today by noon (we open at 8:30 and close at 6:30)... Any day over 100 is a very busy day) -- I have no technician... just me... all day, errrrrday. BY MYSELF.

Normally, I'd say "hell yes, I'll be drunk tonight!!", but if this day keeps on being super busy, I'll just want to crawl into my jammies and chill out in bed with the cats... and ice cream. :sleep:

Thankfully, our clinic manager is great and bought us all lunch! :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I, also, don't drink. Today my cleaning woman has been here all day with her two sons. She has been working on my house. I went to Michael's and bought a lot of supplies on sale at 70% off (Christmas sale). I set up a crafts table (formerly my kitchen table) where her two sons and I decorated baskets and a wooden box with Christmas ribbons, beads, glitter, poms poms, and Elmer's glue. The boys were great and it it has been a wholesome New Year's Eve! :))

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t drink, either! So nice to be among so many others that don’t bat an eye when someone says they don’t drink.

It’s a bit before 8:30 pm as I write this and my husband is already asleep on the sofa so it’s an exciting night. :P2

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Well, looks like I'm the exception here. I am heading out to a big dance and although I certainly won't get drunk, I may get a wee bit tipsy- Happy New Year's Eve!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, looks like I'm the exception here. I am heading out to a big dance and although I certainly won't get drunk, I may get a wee bit tipsy- Happy New Year's Eve!!
hi501.gif

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Fireworks woke me up, so there is mulled wine - to go with a few thick academic letters that just came in.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I don't believe it for one moment!

Dunno...
I sure get a staggering headache with no enjoyable before, so I might guess that others get this too to some degree & find the fight not worth their while. I rather love the stuff, so I'll play - a little, with the irresistible substances.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Don't drink anything but water Pepsi and prune juice.
So guess it will be pepsi!

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Woah, diamond lovers are a bunch of non drinkers? Amazing. Not this PSer, but definitely don't do drunk... I'm having a glass of Irish Cream before I snuggle into bed and start planning the next year on paper. :)

4ever

Ideal_Rock
No, I didn’t drink. Getting drunk is not very appealing these days because being hungover and still having to get up early to look after your very energetic toddler is a special kind of hell.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results