shape
carat
color
clarity

Will WF set a stone in an outside setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Hoofbeats- If I were you, I would find a good local jeweler and have them fix your prongs. Your diamond is insured so if something was to happen to it, it''s covered and would be replaced. Ask friends or even post here on Pricescope what city you are in or near, and someone may have a great jeweler that they recommend! I wouldn''t give up yet and I don''t think Whiteflash is your only option. If you aren''t opposed to sending it out, I would give Quest Jewelers are try www.questjewelers.com They do repairs and several of us have used them. Ask for Pete.

Hope this helps!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can completely understand your financial position. Its not easy saving up for a wedding.

How about this option. Have Whiteflash set your diamond into this setting

After your wedding you can spend time finding your perfect setting if thats what you would like to do. The setting is $295 in white gold. I think its a pretty setting.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2009 2:46:59 PM
Author: Maisie
I can completely understand your financial position. Its not easy saving up for a wedding.

How about this option. Have Whiteflash set your diamond into this setting

After your wedding you can spend time finding your perfect setting if thats what you would like to do. The setting is $295 in white gold. I think its a pretty setting.
Great suggestion Maisie, I always wondered how you were getting on with your reset. Sorry it was not perfect. I still think it is a stunner.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
feb bride - thanks for the suggestion, I will look into that when I have a bit more time. I will research previous info about them and go from there.

Maisie - that is the only setting that I would consider switching to in order to save money. However, I can't just through away my FI's money that he spent on the current setting. I just can't do that to him. Especially after all the ering issues we have had. He knows I'm unhappy with the square issue. But he doesn't want to spend any more money. And totally giving up on the setting he bought would just be wrong for me to do imo. That is the same head that is on my current ring though. I just can't just throw his money away though.

I'm in IL - near St Louis if anyone has a good suggestion.

However I'm a bit confused about the stone being covered during a reset. It's my understanding that it is not covered during any kind of setting process? Am I wrong?

Thanks!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2009 9:55:55 PM
Author: hoofbeats95
feb bride - thanks for the suggestion, I will look into that when I have a bit more time. I will research previous info about them and go from there.

Maisie - that is the only setting that I would consider switching to in order to save money. However, I can''t just through away my FI''s money that he spent on the current setting. I just can''t do that to him. Especially after all the ering issues we have had. He knows I''m unhappy with the square issue. But he doesn''t want to spend any more money. And totally giving up on the setting he bought would just be wrong for me to do imo. That is the same head that is on my current ring though. I just can''t just throw his money away though.

I''m in IL - near St Louis if anyone has a good suggestion.

However I''m a bit confused about the stone being covered during a reset. It''s my understanding that it is not covered during any kind of setting process? Am I wrong?

Thanks!
It depends 100% on your insurance policy, you would be best served asking your Ins Co.
Some do, some don''t..

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honey I feel for you, I have been there myself and I can tell you that you will not be happy until it is RIGHT. And in my opinion, money spent that you are not happy with is money that is already wasted. So in a sense, the money that your FI spent on this setting has already been "thrown away". Keeping the setting and being unhappy is not making good use of his funds! You seem like a sensitive woman and you don''t want to hurt people''s feelings, but I also think that in some ways you are creating more obstacles for yourself because of how your are perceiving this situation that are going to simply prolong this drama. In reality ,there is a very very simple solution to this issue. YOU save $300 bucks yourself and then you say to FI "I love you to pieces, I need a new setting, I am sending this puppy out!" Then you get the setting that Maisie suggested. Yes, your FI may have some bad feelings. But you are crying over this current setting!! Those are bad feelings too! And do you think that your FI is going to feel good over the months leading up to your wedding seeing you stare at your setting and worry about your handshots and the crookedness of the setting? Add up all THOSE hurt feelings and it is clear than just getting the new setting now is the only way to go. I too am not wealthy at all, and $300 is no pittance, but if you scrimp and save I know you can save that money in no time at all and then this whole thing will be over. Your FI may fell bad today, but he will get over it and be super happy to have a happy and contented FI!!

Tough love over, sister.
2.gif
Stop putting yourself through this misery and just solve it once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results